Overall Satisfaction with Evernote
Jerks. It was really a kick in the pants when they made previous premium users pay $69.99 instead of their annual $45, AND limited the free users number of synced devices from unlimited to 2. That was very bad business practice this year.
- Note taking. It's in depth. You can even do handwriting. They support working with a lot of different apps. There's a sticky notes apps for PC that you can replace the Windows Sticky Notes application with, and this will sync back and forth with evernote. But it doesn't have a sophisticated editor.
- This is my number one issue, regarding their premium membership. They are lacking in Business practices, supporting past users, grandfathering past users with their old prices, and not forcing old users out of their auto pay contracts so they have to pay the new price that's $25 HIGHER!!!!! The problem is that other SAAS solutions grandfather current customer into the majority of their policy changes. Evernote does not.
- They have changed the entire original price-model and purpose of their software. Free users were allowed to sync to unlimited devices, even though they had very limited bandwidth, speed, and storage capacity. Now, they can only sync to TWO devices. So start on a computer, add your phone, but forget about your work computer or your tablet, or your traveling laptop computer.
- No mindmap view of notebook and notes. This is a good one. Mind mapping is becoming huge. They say "You can use Mohio Mpa with us" But it's not practical. Mohio is not good because the interface is way too bouncy and even out of control. Mohio is a one-way sync with things so you can see ideas in a mind map, but you can't access them to edit them. Evernote just needs to create a "View" option in their menu for MindMap view.
- Negative ROI due to increase in prices, and not grandfathering me in with my old plan.
It's great everywhere. The purpose it fulfills is a great one, and it does it so effectively. But they won't support you when you need help. They will not support you as they change their business model. I was a customer for 3 years paying for premium service. They changed their Business model, would not work with me as I talked to a lot of different reps and managers, and made me pay 50% of the premium price this year, and each year after I have to pay the full new price. So I go from $45 a year to $70???? YOU'RE KIDDING! That's why I would not recommend them.