Gainsight is Gold
August 14, 2019
Gainsight is Gold
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Gainsight
Gainsight is used solely by our Customer Success team. However, insights are logged and key reports are shared with various teams and ELT across the organization. Gainsight allows our CS team to own customer relationships, from activity logging in the Timeline, to executing Success Plans within their book of business. Also, the Reports within Dashboards allow for risky behavior to be easily surfaced, creating a simple way to prioritize actions.
- Admins can create reports easier in Gainsight than they can in SFDC -- the ability to spin up ad-hoc reports is critical, and the ability to do this easily is wonderful.
- My Customer Outcomes Manager at Gainsight is incredibly reliable, and responds promptly.
- The features that Gainsight focuses on releasing/creating bring value, and resonate well with CS teams.
- Though it can do a lot, sometimes the execution of something is extremely technical and requires a lot of steps-- thank goodness for my COM!
- More help articles would not hurt.
Between my Customer Outcomes Manager and contacting their Support, I have always gotten prompt responses and leave the communication feeling like I know how to solve the issue or feel more knowledgable about the case at hand.
Having visibility into customer accounts is important to the executives at our organization. Our CCO operates out of an executive dashboard in Gainsight, which allows him to surface key trends or proactively get ahead of risks. Some reports within Gainsight are actually used in quarterly board decks.
- By building a detailed Health Score, CSMs have been able to see where improvements can be made within their customer base. Since doing so, the overall customer health score has improved by 5 points within one quarter.
- CSMs are encouraged to log "Customer Highlights" on the Timeline. These logs are then shared with Customer Marketing to create a bank of potential case studies, customer quotes, etc.
- With the help of the Report Builder and Dashboards, CSMs have a clear view into how they should be prioritizing their day, whether that means looking at the Renewals Dash to see what upcoming renewals are in risky stages, or diving into the health score report to see who is in the red.
SFDC is our primary source of data into Gainsight. We do push data to SFDC and use some of those data points in Pendo.
If you are looking to help better scale a CS team, implementing Gainsight enables you to roll out processes that help ensure all CSMs are following the same plays. We purchased Gainsight when we were at ~10 CSMs, which was a big enough group to see the immediate impact the features had on our team. It's a one-stop-shop for them to work from to help create better efficiencies.