https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/v9/ED/3VPDVD13U87A.JPEGChurnZero ImplementationIt is being used by the corporate department to help build out plays and journeys that automate our upgrade process. It allows us to be notified when we get assigned an account, and showcases the next steps in the process. We hope to set it up so that when one task is completed, it will trigger the next step.,The automation process organizes all the accounts and the steps to complete our project all in one place. It shows what step you're stuck on in a certain account which is very useful. The ability to choose what can be manual and what is automatic helps customize the details. Removes the need for numerous documents and also allows management to track progress.,The email that is sent out to clients does not tie to our company or that it's coming from Churnzero. It is too general which may confuse clients. Attachments are not allowed which is not too important for right now but can be useful in the future.,10,ChurnZero is still in the process of being integrated into our workflow.,BlueJeans, Loom, Salesforce Analytics Cloud,26 to 50 peopleNew to ChurnZero and very happy thus far!ChurnZero is being utilized across several departments including Customer Success, Sales, and Product Specialists. The data reporting allows us to see trends and stay on top of our customer's journeys while also helping us take a proactive approach to at-risk of churn accounts. From an engagement perspective, the realtime data certainly helps us connect with our customers to help them see the value they are getting from our site. On the flip slide, the data also lets us strategize with customers who may be struggling to get things going and may need a boost in the right direction.,The command center dashboard/UI is fantastic and allows me to see all of my tasks and to-dos in one place. The alerts/messaging/playbooks all work beautifully together where I can automatically receive a notification to interact with an account based on specific criteria that we set so that nothing falls through the cracks and we can stay on top of everything in a very manageable way. Being able to track all of the customer activity within the site helps us to strategize with each and every one of our customers in a very specific manner allowing us to build much stronger relationships.,I have not had enough experience with ChurnZero to where I can recommend areas that could use improvement. As a new addition to the CSM team, our department is still getting a handle on all of the functionality and capabilities that ChurnZero provides.,10,Too early in the process to tell.,,HubSpot CRM, Slack, RingCentral Meetings,1 to 5 people,Online training Self-taught,10,Yes, the product is very easy to navigate and user-friendly. I would recommend a combination of exploring the site and learning how to navigate on your own, as well as a scheduled training session with a CSM to cover all of the specifics that may have been overlooked.Making an impact for a small teamWe're using ChurnZero within our Customer Success team to manage all of our clients. We had data in multiple systems that we had to pull together by hand in order to get a semi-decent view of where an account was at, so we decided to implement CZ to make it easier for our CSM's to see and understand what was happening with an account. We're specifically interested in NPS and retention, and in using plays and journeys to better manage multiple onboardings at once.,Really fantastic on-boarding with the ChurnZero team. Being able to deploy and segment multiple NPS surveys is a huge win. Calculating account health scores is infinitely easier when all of your data is in one place.,I'd like to see a bit of an easier flow to create segments, or to jump to creating segments from another part of the app since they're required everywhere. I would love to see a Slack integration for NPS responses included with access.,10,We've just really started using it, but are seeing an uptick in CSM awareness, which will hopefully result in lower churn and higher renewal numbers. We've started segmenting users by the features they are using, to find the features they are not, which helps us to increase stickiness.,Salesforce Service Cloud,1 to 5 people,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Third-party Reviews,I would have started earlier, since I missed my self-imposed implementation deadline. I would also have brought in my technical team earlier to talk about what that implementation would look like from our end; it wasn't onerous, but they gave some weird estimates based on not knowing a lot, and that would have been better to start earlier.Easy to use, Easy ChurnZeroWe use it in a department of the company, and it helps us a lot to take the management and control of our clients, to see the use and the critical points of the client to help them improve. At the same time it helps us to allocate our time and makes work less stressful.,Customer management Time saving Autogestion,Integrate more information from the customer base Greater customization in the To-Dos list Journey times do not apply at the weekend,8,More work comfort More control Greater personal performance,,HubSpot, Skype, Aircall,6 to 10 peopleChurnZero helps our Sales team close dealsOur entire Sales organization uses ChurnZero to proactively reach out to prospects when we can see they are engaging with our software. Insight provides us with what they are doing or have done so we can ask them about the experience with that feature to help close a sale.,Emails me promptly based on rules. Allows me to see when a client becomes a paid subscriber. Tells me about the interaction a client is using with the software we provide.,Make it easier to access directly from Salesforce. More pre-created rules of engagement. Allows editing the Dashboard.,10,Quickly allows for conversion of trials. We can be more productive with calls to trial accounts. Easy to learn so no special training was required.,,Salesforce App Cloud, iContact, Microsoft 365 Business,11 to 25 peopleChurnZero speeds up department workflowsMy department uses ChurnZero to keep track of customer health. Churnzero allows us to monitor trends from customer satisfaction to the number of support incidents reported through integrations with Zendesk. The greatest benefit we gain from this software is the amount of time we save from business workflows. ChurnZero's features and integration flexibility allows us to efficiently carry out our department duties.,ChurnZero does well-creating workflows through journeys and plays. Segments allow filtering of any actionable items. NPS surveys and reports allow tracking of customer satisfaction.,Having recurring journeys would be great for journey scenarios that occur more than once,10,ChurnZero has allowed us to efficiently execute our department workflows.,1 to 5 peopleA well-designed, purpose-built tool. Loving it!Our Customer Success and Support teams use ChurnZero to guide our customers through an onboarding process and help to maintain the ongoing relationship. Previously, we had no visibility into which customers needed our attention, and ChurnZero's analytics give us just the visibility we need.,It's fairly easy for developers to bring the JavaScript code in to a SaaS tool and ChurnZero does a really great job at pulling all of that data in to a single place and allowing to view trends and report on that data. The concept of "Churn Score" is a really neat way to pull a bunch of pieces of data in to a single account record and to understand whether or not an account is healthy. This helps to avoid having to use just certain pieces of data as a proxy for customer health. The amount of flexibility the tool contains is awesome - their team has programmed everything we've asked for in order for us to get a better look at our customers.,Something that's supposed to be coming soon, but ChurnZero currently lacks a calendar integration, which is tough for us since we like to know when our customers have future meetings scheduled. The lack of email/message templates feels like the biggest miss for me. Having standard language - either for an individual or for an entire team - could be a huge time saver.,9,We've only had ChurnZero for a little while, but we're already really enjoying the straight-forward approach in locating and understanding customer data in a way that we didn't have before. We're able to get insights that simply didn't exist. The addition of NPS is awesome. We've never had an option to survey our customers, and starting to see that information roll in is really exciting.,Amity and Natero,Help Scout,1 to 5 peopleA great product for small to medium sized Customer Success TeamsWe currently use ChurnZero for the Customer Success team. However, my marketing team has access and sees a lot of value that could be gained once they start to leveraging it appropriately. We are somewhat early in the life cycle. My team has gained a lot of value in segmenting our accounts, creating alerts and pulling usage data. We plan on developing plays and automated tasks in the future.,Account Segments - we are now able to create extremely specific account segments. This allows us to approach each segment in a unique and tailored approach. Alerts - I now know when my accounts open up a ticket with my support team. I can get ahead of it or follow along if needed. Before I wouldn't have any visibility unless I was specifically made aware Usage stats - we are now able to get a much better view in the usage stats of our various features and functions. We can leverage these stats into our segments so that we are managing the correct accounts with the appropriate messaging.,There is a learning curve but that could be said with most all software. Once it became part of our daily process we started getting the hang of it pretty quick! The initial implementation seemed to take a long time. Of course there are always going to be some road blocks when bringing in a new system that isn't set to communicate with your own systems right out of the box. We are still working through some data issues. However, our rep is very helpful and extremely responsive.,9,The main positive I have seen is getting a holistic view of who our customers are and what they are doing with our application in place. Before, we had this information but it was not easily accessible and hard to interpret.,Gainsight and Totango,Slack, Zendesk, Salesforce.com,1 to 5 peopleRobust platform with superb customer serviceWe are currently using ChurnZero to help monitor engagement and activity within our client base. As we have a large number of clients, this platform is instrumental in allowing us to monitor usage from a single application. Currently, it is being used by client success but the data that originates in ChurnZero is exposed company-wide. It has helped us identify trends and get out in front of clients who may disengage.,Excellent customer service/success consultants. Robust functionality. Reliable.,Due to its robust nature, it can sometimes be overwhelming to navigate. Integrating with salesforce.com can have its perks and challenges, not related to ChurnZero but data integrity has to be top of mind.,10,Insight into all clients.,Totango,Salesforce App Cloud, TargetProcess, HubSpot, QuickBooks Pro, UserVoice, Google Data Studio,1 to 5 peopleGreat tool for automating and scaling CSM processes!ChurnZero is being used primarily in our customer success department, but the data/insights it provides are being used throughout the entire organization.,Playbooks/Journeys: very customizable, easy to trigger based on a variety of customer actions. HealthScores: custom scores for various customer segments, automated scoring of our customers' health. Calendar Tool: keeps me organized day-to-day and helps to stay on top of tasks/notes.,Set-up: I wish I had more control of my CZ set-up and didn't have to rely as much on my CSM to make changes. Daily Updates to HealthScores: having to wait until the next day to see a change in score is frustrating.,10,Saves 3-5 hours a week for CSM previously spent on manual tasks.,Gainsight, ClientSuccess and UserIQ,LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo,1 to 5 peopleGreat product, clean layout and easy to useCZ is being used by the Customer Success Departments. Trainers and those who work with current customers use the system to monitor usage and milestones achieved by new accounts as they start using our software. It allows us to see what accounts are at a high risk of canceling so we can proactively reach out to see what we can do to help them utilize our system.,Alerts you to accounts that have moved from medium risk to high risk and vice versa. Easy to create and manage tasks. Very simple to add filters to pull out different segments of a large customer base.,I wish there was a support number to call. I wish it had a dialer. I wish I could change the colors to a darker background, the white screen hurts my eyes.,10,Our churn rate has decreased significantly as we are able to spot and help the at-risk accounts before they want to cancel,,1 to 5 peopleThe software is great but their client success is even betterOur client success team uses Churnzero daily to communicate with our clients, to track the client's usage, to gauge the likelihood of churn risk, to ensure clients invoices are paid, and to run playbooks based on specific occurrences. Although we use Jira for Ops and Zendesk for support our client success team can see progress from both teams to better support our clients. We also use Churnzero's client success team as a model of how to provide client success services to our clients. I can't say enough how impressed I am with this company.,Segments clients into an unlimited number of categories so you can handle or review clients in batches. Creates a scoring system to evaluate your clients use of your product to stay abreast of possible churn risk. They walk the talk about their own client success team and are not bashful with sharing best practices,,It seems the UI is always improving so the minor points I notice will likely be fixed soon. Some of the notifications on the dashboard could allow you to click right on it and take you to the relevant data, but this too is likely being done. Have an outward facing task list for clients, but this is on the development map as I understand it.,10,As a CEO it has had a positive impact on my state of mind knowing where we stand. Our churn has decreased after switching to Churnzero, the whole package and their execution played a significant part in the objective.,Amity and ClientSuccess,Salesforce App Cloud, JIRA Software, Zendesk,1 to 5 peopleKnow your customers and reduce churn!We use ChurnZero to get a granular view of what features our customers are using (or not using) so that we can make meaningful proactive outreaches to them. ChurnZero is being used across multiple teams: Success/Support/Marketing/Product. It gives us instant insights that we otherwise did not have access to.,The search function is very fast There is a lot of customization Incredible support team,The implementation phase can take a while but this was mostly due to the dev work required on our end.,10,We have been able to identify at risk customers much sooner.,UserIQ and Gainsight,Zoom, Asana, Namely,1 to 5 peopleHow meta!? I'm having a great onboarding experience in the SaaS tool that is supposed to help me improve onboarding in my own SaaS tool.We're the customer success team within a 17+ year old SAAS company — we've never had a dedicated success platform before, and have always used ad-hoc methods of trying to strategize for/retain our customers... We've mis-used our existing sales CRM tools in the past, and that got us only so far. Now that we've got ChurnZero, we're using it to more acutely manage the onboarding of new customers, and we're using the business intelligence, gathered from ChurnZero, to make decisions about how we'll proceed with certain new retention strategies. It's directly addressing an issue we've faced for years: having to build our own reporting and having to try to use that reporting info to help us direct our attention towards customers that are struggling to adopt our platform.,Connecting data between HubSpot (our CRM) and our own SAAS tool's back-end, so that we have vital stats, all in a single place, and can build views that help us cross-section our customer population for more strategic insights. The fact that it can allow us to build "health scoring" for our customer populations based on fairly specific & tailored criteria — that's been one of the most exciting benefits The ability to push data back out to other systems & live-export to Google Sheets has been really handy.,As you create your own "plays" (workflows) and NPS Campaigns, you're likely to take a misstep... but the system won't allow you to clean up some of those errant "Plays" and NPS campaign views... so the ensuing clutter can be a little annoying. This is a bit of a nit-pick, but certain primary data points cannot be used when factoring customer health-scores... Maybe, over time, this won't feel like a big issue, but as a new user — I had some plans to measure things a certain way, and I've found that I can't do it exactly as I'd ensivioned Lack of calendar/scheduling integration is a bit of an annoyance — I've heard that they'll likely have this in the future... but it's something that's so valuable to us that I'm struggling without it.,9,It's pretty soon after we implemented, but I'm already seeing meaningful impact on my ability to quickly judge how to spend my time on/with certain customers. Knowing, in the moment, when it will be the right time to re-engage with a customer... that's going to be a game changer for us. Being able to draw some metrics around our customer success team is going to make it easier to build a case for team expansion,Natero and Amity,HubSpot, Bugzilla, Mailchimp,1 to 5 peopleExcellent Tool and Brilliant ServiceUsed by our Success team, Churn Zero allows us to identify growth and churn risks with the use of real-time data. It allows us to understand how individual users are engaging with the product and gain insights into the whole user base, not just the contacts we have the best relationships with. We were working blind before, talking to those who were shouting loudest and not always knowing about those who were quietly struggling.,Customer Service. Pulls together insights from different places into one. Account health scores.,Inability to CC multiple individuals on one email. For journeys and plays, you need to have created the segments first, it would be a little easier if you could just add the criteria to the play itself rather than having separate segments.,10,Allowing us to talk to who we need to when we need to. An easier way to manage NPS.,HubSpot, Zendesk, Glasscubes, Loom, Zoom,1 to 5 peopleChurnZero Helps You Manage Your Churn Proactively!ChurnZero is being utilized by our entire Customer Success organization. We use ChurnZero as a dashboard that pulls in data from our own software platform, as well as disparate systems to give us a single point of management for our books of business. Having the data come from these other systems is integral to our management of churn. Data lives in different systems, being able to centralize this in a way that is meaningful for our business is imperative in our efforts to win renewals and address potential issues before they turn into churn risk.,Dashboard for management of book of business Customer Success Manager provided - Chase Tinkham was amazing to our onboarding success! Ability to create segments to analyze data across the organization or for smaller subsegments Ability to create specific tasks related to a customer journey, to help ensure we don't miss anything while guiding our customers through journeys Knowing which of my customers is currently logged into my software platform in real time,After Journey is created, would be good to mark something as Not Applicable, rather than marking it as completed,9,ChurnZero helps me get ahead of my renewals before they are due ChurnZero is going to help me get ahead of problems which may impact the renewal ChurnZero will reduce the time it takes each member of the CSM team from digging into disparate data sources for information,Gainsight and Totango,6 to 10 peopleChurnZero helps us understand our customers and automate the communications with them so we minimize churn.ChurnZero helps us understand our customers and automate the communications with them. Allows us to understand what they are using and engage them with all the features so we minimize churn. With ChurnZero we established our onboarding process and can follow it in detail with every new customer.,Automate messages depending on usage, country, type, plan, etc. Getting a proper onboarding process in place Understand users,Dashboard of Team activities Dashboards in general,10,Better use of time for our customer success manager and executives.,Pipedrive, Zendesk,1 to 5 peopleLove ChurnZero!ChurnZero is used by my Team of Advisors to manage our client book. This allows us to stay on top of our customers, and ensure we are being great Customer Success Managers (CSMs). ChurnZero allows me to prioritize my time, so I know which clients need attention/my outreach. ChurnZero saves me valuable time, and help prevents turnover on my client book. The product allows me to send important updates to my clients.,Segment my customer book to send tailored messages. Creates valuable "ChurnScores" so I can see which of my customers are at risk. View individual account usage. The fact that it syncs with our company Salesforce account is a big perk.,I do not utilize the "map" on the main dashboard much. Perhaps this would be beneficial for a different type of User. A Customized Dashboard would be awesome! I would like to see expanded reporting on the Plays.,10,Reduces churn and helps with better time management.,Salesforce Lightning, Microsoft 365 Business, Microsoft Office 365Intuitive, well designed solutionChurnZero is used by our client success team to do event-based account management and automation of client nurture campaigns.,Intuitive UI. Highly customizable. Understands the client success role well.,Doesn't work well with multiple billing currencies.,9,Allows our CSMs to focus on clients at risk. Enables us to better prioritize key accounts. Helps monitor and alert on the health of our client programs.,Amity,Zendesk, Freshdesk,1 to 5 peopleGreat customer retention tool for our growing SaaS companyOur CSM team are the primary users of ChurnZero. Renewal emails, introduction emails and automation are the main use case to date.,Automated email and segmentation allow us to streamline our processes Churn scores are a great way to quickly see if our customers are at risk. I really like the live export feature that has been introduced. Exporting the segmented data to Google Sheets and using Google Data Studio allows another level of reporting and dashboard creation.,Actual reporting within the application is quite limited. Relies on exporting data if you want to manipulate it in any way. The data and dashboards they have are nice, however, it would be nice to have a reporting tool within the application similar to Salesforce where you can create your own reports.,10,Automation frees up a lot of time for our CSM team. Churn scores allow us to focus on the customers that need our attention the most. ROI for us so far is we do not need to add additional CSM resources to handle our growing customer base.,Gainsight and Amity,SurveyMonkey, Lucidchart, Zendesk Chat (formerly Zopim),1 to 5 peopleChurnZero's Biggest FanIt is being used across the entire organization. On the Training side, we use it to ensure our clients are benefiting from our training. Using ChurnZero allows us insight into the specific areas they are spending the most time on with our software, setting up alerts to ensure that we are touching base with clients not using our software, and plays to be sure we are reaching the correct people.,The interface is user-friendly. Provides clear and effective insight into how clients are using our software. The training we were provided from the ChurnZero staff was incredibly insightful.,I don't have any weaknesses at this point.,10,I am able to report on additional metrics of client usage that I never could before.,Salesforce.com, GoToMeeting, Zoom, Microsoft 365 Business,1 to 5 peopleAmazing Tool for Managing Customer Data in Real TimeSpark Hire is using ChurnZero in our Account Management department. We are specifically using this to manage a huge amount of data from our customers. This includes basic account info: contacts, plan, term, renewals, upsells, etc.... But we also use this software to manage our customer's usage data of our software platform. Each account has multiple users and unique use cases, so we are able to manage, organize, and segment this data in real time to help us gain more impactful insights on our customers. This allows us to pass along success metrics to new business, be proactive with struggling accounts, identify upsell opportunities, and ensure that our customers stay with us long-term. We also have different plays in place that we use to manage contact with our customers based off of their tenure with us.,Ease of Use - Despite the wide variety of tools, dashboards, views, etc..., the platform is incredibly easy to navigate and the display of data is not only aesthetically pleasing, but very easy to read through Customization - The different segments we are able to create allows standard users like myself to customize different views by the type of customer, feature usage, plan type, etc... It makes it so easy to segment my customers without having to run complex reports and manipulate the data myself. SalesForce Integration - most of our customer data is stored in SalesForce. Thanks to the integration, we didn't have to manually upload this data into ChurnZero. That would have been a nightmare. Alerts - We have standard team alerts and then have the ability to customize alerts with custom triggers. Not only do these alerts appear in the ChurnZero dashboard, but I can also have them emailed to me, and sent a private message thread on Slack's messaging service. Churn Score - Being able to create a custom Churn Score to measure the risk of customers churning has added tremendous value. We are able to have it synced up to the way our customers are using the platform, so we get a real-time and accurate score.,Email limitations - There isn't an ability to attach invoices and cc other users on the account. This would be helpful when sending renewal invoices as we typically send them to the main point of contact and a billing contact Customer contact layout can be more smooth. Any emails, tasks, or calls are clearly laid out in the "Tasks" tab on the customer's account. However we have a lot of emails that are sent through ChurnZero, these emails do not appear in the tasks tab. They appear in a separate tab titled "messages". When a manager or colleague is looking through our contact with a customer trying to help us out, it can be really hard to organize outreach when email messages appear in 2 different tabs.,9,More customer engagement points - Because each account manager manages a few hundred accounts with multiple contacts at each organization (some have as many as 50 contacts per account) it can be impossible to get regular touch points with these contacts and can lead to disengagement. We can automate a lot of this and send these contacts helpful contact with previously set up templates and plays Easier to track KPI's - Because everything is real time, we are easily able to see how much revenue we are managing at a time. What % is safe and % that is at risk of churn. Less churn from customers - Since we are easily able to see and segment struggling customers, it's easier to spend more time with struggling and disengaged customers. Plus we can see which features aren't being leveraged and we can spend more time pushing relevant content to customers/,1 to 5 peopleIncredibly easy to implementAs the manager of the Customer Experience org I look to ChurnZero to help me see a holistic view of the health of my accounts. I slice this information by company size, renewal date, contract value, etc. Our Customer Success Managers use ChurnZero to help them prioritize their proactive account outreach and quickly spot any spikes (up or down) in usage. Our Customer Marketing team uses ChurnZero for communications (both automated and manual). And finally, our onboarding people use ChurnZero to track the "Journey" through onboarding for all of our customers and measure whether we're falling behind anywhere.,The ChurnScore is very valuable and I like that it's easy to configure. We've made a few tweaks to it and it's become quite accurate at predicting potential churn. Onboarding was smooth and easy and quite quick. We were using it within about 3 weeks. Our customer success manager at ChurnZero has been very proactive with us in helping us use the product in deeper ways. I really like the way Segments work - they're like sophisticated filters that help me home in on very specific groups of customers.,The reporting could be more customizable and flexible. The current method of selecting columns to display in a report is a bit clunky and I can't always combine two angles to the data in the way that I want to. I wish I didn't have to log in every time - I think it would be nice for the product to remember me, even if it's just for a 24 hour period.,10,At first I feel like we only used ChurnZero as a reporting tool and we didn't take enough action on the data we were seeing. However, we've gotten stronger at relying on the information (the alerts, the score, the trends in usage) to take pre-emptive actions. It has helped us pay more attention to (and take action on) the "quiet" accounts - those accounts that don't clamor for our attention and we get lulled into thinking everything is okay. Often it's easy in the land of customer success to focus on the red or green accounts and forget about those yellow accounts in the middle - this helps us stay focused on moving those yellow accounts which is essential to our growth.,6 to 10 peopleLove ChurnZero!We currently use ChurnZero for our Account Management and Customer Success teams. It helps us better understand how our customers are using the platform, who is using it frequently, who is bound to cancel, and who is adding users. It also enables us to set up "plays" which are a cadence of how to follow up with clients better.,Helps with tracking customer usage of our platform Helps us set up email/call cadences for different customer plays such as renewals Does a great job of showing me who is really actively using the platform Love the map of which customers are signing in and what their location is,It is a little hard to set up plays at first Sorta confusing to bring accounts over from Salesforce,10,Has a great ROI, really helps me get ahead of account renewals so I can work with the ones who are not as active. Also super positive because with a very quick glance I can get a gist for how many accounts are very active and how many aren't. Another positive, helps management get a great sense of who is doing well at their job vs. not by showing how many accounts they engage with.,,Join.me, SalesLoft, RingCentral,6 to 10 peopleHelping to organize a quickly growing companyWe're using ChurnZero to track our customers journey from On-boarding to Advocacy. Currently this is only being used by our Customer Success team but it fills the void of not being able to track a customer along their lifespan, including any/all activities within our platform that they are doing, last time they logged in, how many surveys have been sent, and a slew of other metrics. We use a lot of "Journeys" that help us keep track of our clients and gives us action items depending on what is going on with that particular user. That's quite helpful.,Help from their CS team and Dev team Loads of customization based on the data you have and want to use/track Pretty responsive to emails,Not being able to email a group of customers that are part of the same company. Each person gets an individual email instead of grouping everyone together on a single email.,9,Better tracking for internal KPI's Organization for a quickly growing company Sometimes it adds to the noise, but that's because we haven't made journeys specific enough and things can get messy,,Intercom, Slack, Calendly,6 to 10 people
ChurnZero

ChurnZero Reviews

ChurnZero
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 48 vetted ChurnZero reviews and ratings

Sanjusha Kolli profile photo
May 21, 2019

User Review: "ChurnZero Implementation"

• The automation process organizes all the accounts and the steps to complete our project all in one place. It shows what step you're stuck on in a certain account which is very useful.
  • The ability to choose what can be manual and what is automatic helps customize the details.
  • Removes the need for numerous documents and also allows management to track progress.
  • The email that is sent out to clients does not tie to our company or that it's coming from Churnzero. It is too general which may confuse clients.
  • Attachments are not allowed which is not too important for right now but can be useful in the future.
ChurnZero increases visibility and allows more organization in the sense that I can easily track what needs review, what was newly assigned to me, and what I need to do next. The fact that it is in one place, and I can create my own plays to ensure it happens is very useful to my workflow.
Read Sanjusha Kolli's full review
Ben Butler profile photo
July 12, 2019

Review: "New to ChurnZero and very happy thus far!"

• The command center dashboard/UI is fantastic and allows me to see all of my tasks and to-dos in one place.
  • The alerts/messaging/playbooks all work beautifully together where I can automatically receive a notification to interact with an account based on specific criteria that we set so that nothing falls through the cracks and we can stay on top of everything in a very manageable way.
  • Being able to track all of the customer activity within the site helps us to strategize with each and every one of our customers in a very specific manner allowing us to build much stronger relationships.
  • I have not had enough experience with ChurnZero to where I can recommend areas that could use improvement. As a new addition to the CSM team, our department is still getting a handle on all of the functionality and capabilities that ChurnZero provides.
ChurnZero is very well suited for Customer Success teams that want to build engaging and long lasting relationships with customers outside of the initial onboarding process. Whenever your software is involved in the process change management realm, being able to change strategies and approaches is important and ChurnZero will allow us to follow up with actual data to help keep the key decision makers accountable.
Read Ben Butler's full review
Allison Cloyd profile photo
July 06, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "Making an impact for a small team"

• Really fantastic on-boarding with the ChurnZero team.
  • Being able to deploy and segment multiple NPS surveys is a huge win.
  • Calculating account health scores is infinitely easier when all of your data is in one place.
  • I'd like to see a bit of an easier flow to create segments, or to jump to creating segments from another part of the app since they're required everywhere.
  • I would love to see a Slack integration for NPS responses included with access.
ChurnZero is really well suited for onboarding accounts and users -- journeys and plays make it really easy to keep track of what has happened and what still needs to happen. I really like being able to mass email or send in-app messages depending on who we're targeting without having to create lists by hand. It gives us the ability to work on accounts as a group since all of the data is in one place.
Read Allison Cloyd's full review
José Antonio Zalem Hernández profile photo
July 02, 2019

User Review: "Easy to use, Easy ChurnZero"

• Customer management
  • Time saving
  • Autogestion
  • Integrate more information from the customer base
  • Greater customization in the To-Dos list
  • Journey times do not apply at the weekend
Any scenario in which the use or performance control of a client or many clients can be applied, including client retention, would recommend the use of ChurnZero. In the use of customer management for the marketing and sales area I do not see it as adaptable (I could be wrong).
Read José Antonio Zalem Hernández's full review
Dave Dorsey profile photo
June 25, 2019

Review: "ChurnZero helps our Sales team close deals"

• Emails me promptly based on rules.
  • Allows me to see when a client becomes a paid subscriber.
  • Tells me about the interaction a client is using with the software we provide.
  • Make it easier to access directly from Salesforce.
  • More pre-created rules of engagement.
  • Allows editing the Dashboard.
If your company provides trials, ChurnZero is a great tool for tracking engagement from clients in the trial period.
Read Dave Dorsey's full review
Mark E profile photo
June 17, 2019

Review: "ChurnZero speeds up department workflows"

• ChurnZero does well-creating workflows through journeys and plays.
  • Segments allow filtering of any actionable items.
  • NPS surveys and reports allow tracking of customer satisfaction.
  • Having recurring journeys would be great for journey scenarios that occur more than once
ChurnZero is well suited for monitoring and keeping track of customer health that includes customer satisfaction, products bought and support incidents.
Read Mark E's full review
Trevor Machinia profile photo
February 20, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "A well-designed, purpose-built tool. Loving it!"

• It's fairly easy for developers to bring the JavaScript code in to a SaaS tool and ChurnZero does a really great job at pulling all of that data in to a single place and allowing to view trends and report on that data.
  • The concept of "Churn Score" is a really neat way to pull a bunch of pieces of data in to a single account record and to understand whether or not an account is healthy. This helps to avoid having to use just certain pieces of data as a proxy for customer health.
  • The amount of flexibility the tool contains is awesome - their team has programmed everything we've asked for in order for us to get a better look at our customers.
  • Something that's supposed to be coming soon, but ChurnZero currently lacks a calendar integration, which is tough for us since we like to know when our customers have future meetings scheduled.
  • The lack of email/message templates feels like the biggest miss for me. Having standard language - either for an individual or for an entire team - could be a huge time saver.
Really, ChurnZero was clearly specifically designed for the role of Customer Success Managers. If you need to understand how your SaaS Customers are doing, monitor customer health, and bring customers through specific journeys (like an onboarding process), ChurnZero is the way to go. If you don't support a SaaS tool and can't push usage data in to ChurnZero, it'll lose a lot of its value.
Read Trevor Machinia's full review
Hardin Lovett profile photo
February 20, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "A great product for small to medium sized Customer Success Teams"

• Account Segments - we are now able to create extremely specific account segments. This allows us to approach each segment in a unique and tailored approach.
  • Alerts - I now know when my accounts open up a ticket with my support team. I can get ahead of it or follow along if needed. Before I wouldn't have any visibility unless I was specifically made aware
  • Usage stats - we are now able to get a much better view in the usage stats of our various features and functions. We can leverage these stats into our segments so that we are managing the correct accounts with the appropriate messaging.
  • There is a learning curve but that could be said with most all software. Once it became part of our daily process we started getting the hang of it pretty quick!
  • The initial implementation seemed to take a long time. Of course there are always going to be some road blocks when bringing in a new system that isn't set to communicate with your own systems right out of the box.
  • We are still working through some data issues. However, our rep is very helpful and extremely responsive.
I believe it is a great tool for small to medium size Customer Success teams whose client base is also in the SMB sector. It seems more than powerful enough to solve our unique business problems. However it is not a huge enterprise level piece of software. I think it is a perfect fit for our team but there are still some things we need to work out.
Read Hardin Lovett's full review
Brian Hartley profile photo
June 05, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "Robust platform with superb customer service"

• Excellent customer service/success consultants.
  • Robust functionality.
  • Reliable.
  • Due to its robust nature, it can sometimes be overwhelming to navigate.
  • Integrating with Salesforce.com can have its perks and challenges, not related to ChurnZero but data integrity has to be top of mind.
If you have a large client base but limited resources to support, leveraging ChurnZero will help automate touch points.
Read Brian Hartley's full review
David McNerney profile photo
June 05, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "Great tool for automating and scaling CSM processes!"

• Playbooks/Journeys: very customizable, easy to trigger based on a variety of customer actions.
  • HealthScores: custom scores for various customer segments, automated scoring of our customers' health.
  • Calendar Tool: keeps me organized day-to-day and helps to stay on top of tasks/notes.
  • Set-up: I wish I had more control of my CZ set-up and didn't have to rely as much on my CSM to make changes.
  • Daily Updates to HealthScores: having to wait until the next day to see a change in score is frustrating.
Great for automating CSM processes and customer engagement.
Read David McNerney's full review
Emily Mikes profile photo
June 01, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "Great product, clean layout and easy to use"

• Alerts you to accounts that have moved from medium risk to high risk and vice versa.
  • Easy to create and manage tasks.
  • Very simple to add filters to pull out different segments of a large customer base.
  • I wish there was a support number to call.
  • I wish it had a dialer.
  • I wish I could change the colors to a darker background, the white screen hurts my eyes.
Great if you have a large customer base and want to prioritize what accounts should be touched first.
Read Emily Mikes's full review
Richard Diener profile photo
April 30, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "The software is great but their client success is even better"

Our client success team uses Churnzero daily to communicate with our clients, to track the client's usage, to gauge the likelihood of churn risk, to ensure clients invoices are paid, and to run playbooks based on specific occurrences. Although we use JIRA for Ops and Zendesk for support our client success team can see progress from both teams to better support our clients. We also use Churnzero's client success team as a model of how to provide client success services to our clients. I can't say enough how impressed I am with this company.
  • Segments clients into an unlimited number of categories so you can handle or review clients in batches.
  • Creates a scoring system to evaluate your clients use of your product to stay abreast of possible churn risk.
  • They walk the talk about their own client success team and are not bashful with sharing best practices,
  • It seems the UI is always improving so the minor points I notice will likely be fixed soon.
  • Some of the notifications on the dashboard could allow you to click right on it and take you to the relevant data, but this too is likely being done.
  • Have an outward facing task list for clients, but this is on the development map as I understand it.
I can only speak to situations where client values are high. I see more than enough opportunities for customization to execute on world-class client success. Churnzero has this space figured out. Other software I have used only goes part of the way. For companies with tens of thousands of clients, I cannot speak to the application.
Read Richard Diener's full review
Matthew Sellers profile photo
February 23, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "Know your customers and reduce churn!"

• The search function is very fast
  • There is a lot of customization
  • Incredible support team
  • The implementation phase can take a while but this was mostly due to the dev work required on our end.
Any software company looking to understand their users and reduce churn should take a look at ChurnZero.
Read Matthew Sellers's full review
Alex Dingley profile photo
February 15, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "How meta!? I'm having a great onboarding experience in the SaaS tool that is supposed to help me improve onboarding in my own SaaS tool."

• Connecting data between HubSpot (our CRM) and our own SAAS tool's back-end, so that we have vital stats, all in a single place, and can build views that help us cross-section our customer population for more strategic insights.
  • The fact that it can allow us to build "health scoring" for our customer populations based on fairly specific & tailored criteria — that's been one of the most exciting benefits
  • The ability to push data back out to other systems & live-export to Google Sheets has been really handy.
  • As you create your own "plays" (workflows) and NPS Campaigns, you're likely to take a misstep... but the system won't allow you to clean up some of those errant "Plays" and NPS campaign views... so the ensuing clutter can be a little annoying.
  • This is a bit of a nit-pick, but certain primary data points cannot be used when factoring customer health-scores... Maybe, over time, this won't feel like a big issue, but as a new user — I had some plans to measure things a certain way, and I've found that I can't do it exactly as I'd ensivioned
  • Lack of calendar/scheduling integration is a bit of an annoyance — I've heard that they'll likely have this in the future... but it's something that's so valuable to us that I'm struggling without it.
For a software implementation team — working with customers who will onboard your software: I think it's absolutely perfect for that situation. But if you're not a SaaS tool... or if your SaaS tool doesn't have meaningful actions that can be tracked as 'usage metrics', then I suppose it's not as ideal for you.
Read Alex Dingley's full review
Louise Cunningham profile photo
February 11, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "Excellent Tool and Brilliant Service"

• Customer Service.
  • Pulls together insights from different places into one.
  • Account health scores.
  • Inability to CC multiple individuals on one email.
  • For journeys and plays, you need to have created the segments first, it would be a little easier if you could just add the criteria to the play itself rather than having separate segments.
If you want to bring data from a CRM, SAAS product and helpdesk together to get an overall view of what your clients are doing, it's a great tool!
Read Louise Cunningham's full review
Lisa Hern profile photo
January 26, 2019

Review: "ChurnZero Helps You Manage Your Churn Proactively!"

• Dashboard for management of book of business
  • Customer Success Manager provided - Chase Tinkham was amazing to our onboarding success!
  • Ability to create segments to analyze data across the organization or for smaller subsegments
  • Ability to create specific tasks related to a customer journey, to help ensure we don't miss anything while guiding our customers through journeys
  • Knowing which of my customers is currently logged into my software platform in real time
  • After Journey is created, would be good to mark something as Not Applicable, rather than marking it as completed
I think ChurnZero is superior to other customer success platforms in that it has all the key features (segments, journeys, plays) but is not as cumbersome to use. The system is fairly intuitive and you can navigate it simply, as opposed to some of the other systems I have seen in the customer success world. The ability to pull data from our own platform, as well as our CRM and other systems helps provide a consolidated view, a real dashboard for management of accounts. The churn score is important and the variables that make that score up really make it helpful in knowing which of my accounts needs the most attention. This system can really help a team take a more proactive approach to account management than having to navigate from one data source to another to try to piece together an accurate picture of potential churn.
Read Lisa Hern's full review
Felipe del Sol F. profile photo
March 27, 2019

Review: "ChurnZero helps us understand our customers and automate the communications with them so we minimize churn."

• Automate messages depending on usage, country, type, plan, etc.
  • Getting a proper onboarding process in place
  • Understand users
  • Dashboard of Team activities
  • Dashboards in general
If you want to establish and follow an onboarding process, measure usage in detail, have the control on every customer and make more efficient communications with customers, ChurnZero is the way to go. Every customer success team should have it.
Read Felipe del Sol F.'s full review
Kate Masucci profile photo
February 14, 2019

User Review: "Love ChurnZero!"

• Segment my customer book to send tailored messages.
  • Creates valuable "ChurnScores" so I can see which of my customers are at risk.
  • View individual account usage.
  • The fact that it syncs with our company Salesforce account is a big perk.
  • I do not utilize the "map" on the main dashboard much. Perhaps this would be beneficial for a different type of User. A Customized Dashboard would be awesome!
  • I would like to see expanded reporting on the Plays.
It's a great tool for those in the CSM Role! It makes it easy for managers to keep tabs on their team's efforts.
Read Kate Masucci's full review
May 31, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "Intuitive, well designed solution"

• Intuitive UI.
  • Highly customizable.
  • Understands the client success role well.
  • Doesn't work well with multiple billing currencies.
It's great if you have some flexibility in your CS process, or are open to adopting some new best practices. Also, it's most powerful if you're able to integrate it with your other tools or your own software platform (if you have one). If you bill in multiple currencies, be prepared to adopt some workarounds.
May 08, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "Great customer retention tool for our growing SaaS company"

• Automated email and segmentation allow us to streamline our processes
  • Churn scores are a great way to quickly see if our customers are at risk.
  • I really like the live export feature that has been introduced. Exporting the segmented data to Google Sheets and using Google Data Studio allows another level of reporting and dashboard creation.
  • Actual reporting within the application is quite limited. Relies on exporting data if you want to manipulate it in any way.
  • The data and dashboards they have are nice, however, it would be nice to have a reporting tool within the application similar to Salesforce where you can create your own reports.
Allows our users to manipulate Salesforce data in a way that is not easy to do in Salesforce. Native reporting and charts and graphs could be better.
April 19, 2019

User Review: "ChurnZero's Biggest Fan"

• The interface is user-friendly.
  • Provides clear and effective insight into how clients are using our software.
  • The training we were provided from the ChurnZero staff was incredibly insightful.
  • I don't have any weaknesses at this point.
If you are looking for detailed information on how your clients are using your software, this tool is the perfect fit. As someone who has never worked with a software like ChurnZero before, after one call with Abby, we felt like we had been using it for years. It is easy to use and incredibly valuable at providing details on how and how often clients are using our software. It also allows us to get directly in front of the user by easily adding pop-ups in our software.
Austen Duzey profile photo
November 30, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Amazing Tool for Managing Customer Data in Real Time"

• Ease of Use - Despite the wide variety of tools, dashboards, views, etc..., the platform is incredibly easy to navigate and the display of data is not only aesthetically pleasing, but very easy to read through
  • Customization - The different segments we are able to create allows standard users like myself to customize different views by the type of customer, feature usage, plan type, etc... It makes it so easy to segment my customers without having to run complex reports and manipulate the data myself.
  • SalesForce Integration - most of our customer data is stored in SalesForce. Thanks to the integration, we didn't have to manually upload this data into ChurnZero. That would have been a nightmare.
  • Alerts - We have standard team alerts and then have the ability to customize alerts with custom triggers. Not only do these alerts appear in the ChurnZero dashboard, but I can also have them emailed to me, and sent a private message thread on Slack's messaging service.
  • Churn Score - Being able to create a custom Churn Score to measure the risk of customers churning has added tremendous value. We are able to have it synced up to the way our customers are using the platform, so we get a real-time and accurate score.
  • Email limitations - There isn't an ability to attach invoices and cc other users on the account. This would be helpful when sending renewal invoices as we typically send them to the main point of contact and a billing contact
  • Customer contact layout can be more smooth. Any emails, tasks, or calls are clearly laid out in the "Tasks" tab on the customer's account. However we have a lot of emails that are sent through ChurnZero, these emails do not appear in the tasks tab. They appear in a separate tab titled "messages". When a manager or colleague is looking through our contact with a customer trying to help us out, it can be really hard to organize outreach when email messages appear in 2 different tabs.
Very helpful for software organizations where you need to measure specific usage points from your customers in real time. Helpful when you use a CRM like Salesforce where you want the data automatically imported and easily manipulated. It's great when you need to be able to segment your customers my different points. Helpful when you need to easily organize your customer accounts by: plan, plan length, tenure, etc...
Read Austen Duzey's full review
Heather Foeh profile photo
October 29, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Incredibly easy to implement"

• The ChurnScore is very valuable and I like that it's easy to configure. We've made a few tweaks to it and it's become quite accurate at predicting potential churn.
  • Onboarding was smooth and easy and quite quick. We were using it within about 3 weeks.
  • Our customer success manager at ChurnZero has been very proactive with us in helping us use the product in deeper ways.
  • I really like the way Segments work - they're like sophisticated filters that help me home in on very specific groups of customers.
  • The reporting could be more customizable and flexible. The current method of selecting columns to display in a report is a bit clunky and I can't always combine two angles to the data in the way that I want to.
  • I wish I didn't have to log in every time - I think it would be nice for the product to remember me, even if it's just for a 24 hour period.
When I first bought ChurnZero I thought that maybe it was only well-suited to companies that have a small-ish number of customers (say, under 300) but now that I've been using it for a year I don't agree with that assessment. I think it can handle scale well and I don't see us outgrowing it. If you only have one or two CSMs then it's probably not needed, but once you start trying to manage a team of CSMs and measure the health of their accounts, this tool becomes essential.
Read Heather Foeh's full review
Jordan Kruger profile photo
January 08, 2019

User Review: "Love ChurnZero!"

• Helps with tracking customer usage of our platform
  • Helps us set up email/call cadences for different customer plays such as renewals
  • Does a great job of showing me who is really actively using the platform
  • Love the map of which customers are signing in and what their location is
  • It is a little hard to set up plays at first
  • Sorta confusing to bring accounts over from Salesforce
It is very appropriate for sales and customer success to track customer usage and how we can better reach out to them. It is pretty much good to be used in any type of scenario when you are interacting with clients, not so much for internal teams such as finance/product/design, etc.
Read Jordan Kruger's full review
Andrew Shanks profile photo
December 28, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Helping to organize a quickly growing company"

• Help from their CS team and Dev team
  • Loads of customization based on the data you have and want to use/track
  • Pretty responsive to emails
  • Not being able to email a group of customers that are part of the same company. Each person gets an individual email instead of grouping everyone together on a single email.
ChurnZero is great because before we started using them we had a horrid excel spreadsheet that was impossible to keep up with. Since using ChurnZero we've had a much better pulse on what's going on with our clients so we can spot trouble before it arises. Far better than the "surprise cancel" we used to get and we'd be blindsided by it.
Read Andrew Shanks's full review

Role-based user permissions (35)
API (31)
Integration with Salesforce.com (26)
Product usage (38)
Help desk / support tickets (31)
NPS surveys (27)
Sponsor tracking (13)
Customer profiles (36)
Automated workflow (37)
Internal collaboration (30)
Customer health scoring (38)
Customer segmentation (37)
Customer health trends (37)
Engagement analytics (39)
Dashboards (38)

About ChurnZero

ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform aims to help subscription businesses prevent customer churn. The platform integrates tightly with an organization's CRM system and their application or service. In doing so, ChurnZero (1) allows the business to understand how their customers use their product, (2) assesses customer health and likelihood to renew, and (3) gives the business the means to automate and personalize the customer experience through timely and relevant touchpoints, including in-app content. The vendor says ChurnZero customers see ROI in terms of more productive and better informed customer success managers who can provide their customers with better just-in-time service from the automated playbooks.