https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/v9/ED/3VPDVD13U87A.JPEGIncredibly easy to implementAs the manager of the Customer Experience org I look to ChurnZero to help me see a holistic view of the health of my accounts. I slice this information by company size, renewal date, contract value, etc. Our Customer Success Managers use ChurnZero to help them prioritize their proactive account outreach and quickly spot any spikes (up or down) in usage. Our Customer Marketing team uses ChurnZero for communications (both automated and manual). And finally, our onboarding people use ChurnZero to track the "Journey" through onboarding for all of our customers and measure whether we're falling behind anywhere.,The ChurnScore is very valuable and I like that it's easy to configure. We've made a few tweaks to it and it's become quite accurate at predicting potential churn. Onboarding was smooth and easy and quite quick. We were using it within about 3 weeks. Our customer success manager at ChurnZero has been very proactive with us in helping us use the product in deeper ways. I really like the way Segments work - they're like sophisticated filters that help me home in on very specific groups of customers.,The reporting could be more customizable and flexible. The current method of selecting columns to display in a report is a bit clunky and I can't always combine two angles to the data in the way that I want to. I wish I didn't have to log in every time - I think it would be nice for the product to remember me, even if it's just for a 24 hour period.,10,At first I feel like we only used ChurnZero as a reporting tool and we didn't take enough action on the data we were seeing. However, we've gotten stronger at relying on the information (the alerts, the score, the trends in usage) to take pre-emptive actions. It has helped us pay more attention to (and take action on) the "quiet" accounts - those accounts that don't clamor for our attention and we get lulled into thinking everything is okay. Often it's easy in the land of customer success to focus on the red or green accounts and forget about those yellow accounts in the middle - this helps us stay focused on moving those yellow accounts which is essential to our growth.,6 to 10 peopleChurnZero is a great tool with great insightsWe use ChurnZero on our customer experience team to help us nurture our customers, automate communications, and track health and churn scores. It has been immensely helpful to our processes and has made communicating with our customers so much easier. It also gives a great holistic view of the health of our accounts.,Automating Process: makes communicating w customers easier, can easily build our processes for regular communication ChurnScore/Health of Customers: gives a great snapshot of the health of our customers, easy to understand Communication: helps with communication within our dept and with our customers,Would love to see better custom integrations and data flow to other platforms,9,Has really effected how we view and understand the health of our customers, and shapes strategy and process around renewal and upsell opportunities,ilos, Salesforce.com, Zoom,6 to 10 peopleChurnZero - Worth The InvestmentWhen we initially implemented ChurnZero, the intent was to use it as a tool to help only our customer support department identify the factors leading to customer churn. Soon after implementation, however, we realized the immense value we gained by being able to monitor and react, in real-time, to the activities our customers were or were not performing within our system, which led to every department within our company utilizing its benefits. The primary solution ChurnZero provides is the reduction of customer churn and improved client loyalty. Its ease of use allows for both manual and automatic responses to individual clients or client segments based on KPIs that you set. Their integration between our user cloud-based system and our CRM NetSuite went flawlessly and enabled us to open up an entire new set of eyes directly into the minds of our clients. Instead of best guesses, we now are aware exactly what our customers do, from the time they subscribe to our services and throughout their customer journey. The end result for us: a customer churn reduction of 30%, meaning we recouped our initial investment 20X over in the 1st year.,Ability to segment customer base - you can segment your clients based on whatever criteria you desire: geographic location, tenure, contract value, sales rep, etc. You can then target a series of email campaign "plays" which automatically go out to them based on a schedule determined appropriate. Real-time alerts - these are extremely useful to notify yourself, sales reps, etc. instantly when a client signs up, cancels, replies to an NPS survey, etc. Net Promoter Score (NPS) - the system allows an easy way to develop and send NPS surveys and easily accumulates the results, with comments, on a well laid out dashboard. Powerful reports and analytics - very user-friendly graphs, charts, etc. keep you up-to-date with critical areas of client concern, allowing plenty of time to be proactive instead of reacting to a problem after the fact.,Ability for system to perform calculations within a created report or segment Enhanced editor for emails,10,Positive impact - 20x return on investment in dollars Better client communication Enhanced customer loyalty,NetSuite CRM+, Intercom,1 to 5 peopleChurnZero - changed the game for our CS team!ChurnZero is currently being utilized by our Client Services department. We're leveraging this software to more efficiently digest and predict client health. Previously (before CZ) we were handling all client data manually and the ability to holistically understand the full scope of our book of business was very difficult and not accurate.,Being able to set very specific criteria for what constitutes a healthy, or unhealthy client, and then place those accounts in their own segments has been really helpful. Based on what segment an account may be in lets our team feel empowered to reach out to clients and either reward good behavior or coach them on areas they need improvements on. Having a holistic view of our book of business to see which accounts have had low engagement from our team and which are at risk for churn makes the efforts of our team much more pointed and impactful. Playbooks: This has been huge so we can trigger automated messaging, both via email as well as in-app, to certain account segments. This helps make sure nothing is falling through the cracks w/o creating more manual work for our team.,In-app announcements don't have the capability to be dynamic based on user input Command Center: Would be beneficial if this could be customized per user/per company,9,Being able to engage with unresponsive or otherwise disengaged clients prior to renewal, or prior to becoming a huge churn risk, has been monumental for our team.,Freshdesk, Salesforce Lightning,6 to 10 peopleGreat business tool to considerChurnZero is currently being used by the Client Services team at ConsumerAffairs. We utilize this platform to help us address any customer health issues that we might have not noticed if it wasn't because of the platform and come up with action plans to help overcome these issues.,Predict client issues ahead of time. Provides a very helpful dashboard that gives a good overview of tasks that due, past due, as well as all accounts owned with total revenue from those accounts.,There are a few tech/displays specs that could be improved on their main dashboard. These are very minimal and is nothing that affects the work that I have to get done. It would be really helpful to have the ability to have contracts attached to the brand's profile and not have to go into Salesforce to do that.,9,ChurnZero, like the name states, has allowed our team to prevent many accounts for churning because of proactive outreach and being able to create a game plan ahead of time.,6 to 10 people,Creating tasks Logging activities Making changes to the account details,Creating plays and journeys Creating segments,9
ChurnZero

ChurnZero Reviews

ChurnZero
Filter 19 vetted ChurnZero reviews and ratings
Heather Foeh profile photo
October 29, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Incredibly easy to implement"

• The ChurnScore is very valuable and I like that it's easy to configure. We've made a few tweaks to it and it's become quite accurate at predicting potential churn.
  • Onboarding was smooth and easy and quite quick. We were using it within about 3 weeks.
  • Our customer success manager at ChurnZero has been very proactive with us in helping us use the product in deeper ways.
  • I really like the way Segments work - they're like sophisticated filters that help me home in on very specific groups of customers.
  • The reporting could be more customizable and flexible. The current method of selecting columns to display in a report is a bit clunky and I can't always combine two angles to the data in the way that I want to.
  • I wish I didn't have to log in every time - I think it would be nice for the product to remember me, even if it's just for a 24 hour period.
When I first bought ChurnZero I thought that maybe it was only well-suited to companies that have a small-ish number of customers (say, under 300) but now that I've been using it for a year I don't agree with that assessment. I think it can handle scale well and I don't see us outgrowing it. If you only have one or two CSMs then it's probably not needed, but once you start trying to manage a team of CSMs and measure the health of their accounts, this tool becomes essential.
Read Heather Foeh's full review
Lauren Mitchell profile photo
November 18, 2018

Review: "ChurnZero is a great tool with great insights"

• Automating Process: makes communicating w customers easier, can easily build our processes for regular communication
  • ChurnScore/Health of Customers: gives a great snapshot of the health of our customers, easy to understand
  • Communication: helps with communication within our dept and with our customers
  • Would love to see better custom integrations and data flow to other platforms
ChurnZero works really well for us because we are a small to mid size team, so not sure about the scaling possibilities
Read Lauren Mitchell's full review
Pete Pietro profile photo
November 12, 2018

User Review: "ChurnZero - Worth The Investment"

• Ability to segment customer base - you can segment your clients based on whatever criteria you desire: geographic location, tenure, contract value, sales rep, etc. You can then target a series of email campaign "plays" which automatically go out to them based on a schedule determined appropriate.
  • Real-time alerts - these are extremely useful to notify yourself, sales reps, etc. instantly when a client signs up, cancels, replies to an NPS survey, etc.
  • Net Promoter Score (NPS) - the system allows an easy way to develop and send NPS surveys and easily accumulates the results, with comments, on a well laid out dashboard.
  • Powerful reports and analytics - very user-friendly graphs, charts, etc. keep you up-to-date with critical areas of client concern, allowing plenty of time to be proactive instead of reacting to a problem after the fact.
  • Ability for system to perform calculations within a created report or segment
  • Enhanced editor for emails
Well suited for subscription-based products or offerings where a client uses a cloud-based platform as part of their service. Less appropriate for brick and mortar applications.
Read Pete Pietro's full review
Lauren Grant profile photo
November 07, 2018

Review: "ChurnZero - changed the game for our CS team!"

• Being able to set very specific criteria for what constitutes a healthy, or unhealthy client, and then place those accounts in their own segments has been really helpful. Based on what segment an account may be in lets our team feel empowered to reach out to clients and either reward good behavior or coach them on areas they need improvements on.
  • Having a holistic view of our book of business to see which accounts have had low engagement from our team and which are at risk for churn makes the efforts of our team much more pointed and impactful.
  • Playbooks: This has been huge so we can trigger automated messaging, both via email as well as in-app, to certain account segments. This helps make sure nothing is falling through the cracks w/o creating more manual work for our team.
  • In-app announcements don't have the capability to be dynamic based on user input
  • Command Center: Would be beneficial if this could be customized per user/per company
ChurnZero is great for any subscription-based models or those with a large book of business. Working at a SaaS company, it's imperative to understand product adoption/engagement on a daily basis and ChurnZero has helped tremendously with that.
Read Lauren Grant's full review
Pamela Castillo profile photo
November 07, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Great business tool to consider"

• Predict client issues ahead of time.
  • Provides a very helpful dashboard that gives a good overview of tasks that due, past due, as well as all accounts owned with total revenue from those accounts.
  • There are a few tech/displays specs that could be improved on their main dashboard. These are very minimal and is nothing that affects the work that I have to get done.
  • It would be really helpful to have the ability to have contracts attached to the brand's profile and not have to go into Salesforce to do that.
Overall, ChurnZero is a great tool to help a team become more proactive rather than reactive when it comes to client issues. Not only does it help you prevent issues, but its also a great way to track the good behavior from your clients and it gives you the opportunity to reach out to them and celebrate this behavior.
Read Pamela Castillo's full review
Preston Lam profile photo
November 01, 2018

Review: "ChurnZero Support is Efficient and Effective!"

Currently, ChurnZero is being used by our customer experience department as a tool to help manage our customers. It is also being used for customer communications via email.
  • Lots of flexibility with how you can segment and create plays to automate processes
  • Dashboard feature useful providing a personalized view of what each CSM needs to accomplish
  • Integrates well with Salesforce, making it very dynamic of what information we want to pull and communicate back to our CRM.
  • I would like Journeys and the Playbook features to work more hand in hand
  • Being able to customize HTML and emails templates in general without speaking to someone from ChurnZero
  • Being able to queue emails without requiring a recipient attached (or being able to edit recipient!)
ChurnZero is great to keep track of a lot of customers, being able to set up tasks and alerts for our team helps to keep everyone organized and on track.

It is less appropriate when sending marketing emails because we aren't able to edit email templates on the fly.
Read Preston Lam's full review
Jill Roberts profile photo
November 01, 2018

Review: "ChurnZero gives you great insight into your client's health & performance."

ChurnZero allows myself and my team to see all our client data in one place. We are able to see things they are doing well, things they could improve, and provide assistance so we have a successful partnership. ChurnZero allows us to customize information and prioritize whats more most important when discussing our clients accounts.
  • ChurnZero provides me information I didn't even know I needed for my clients.
  • ChurnZero allows me to set up plays to automatically be sent, so I'm able to focus on other things.
  • ChurnZero allows me to customize my views, by creating segments.
  • ChurnZero has SO much, that sometimes it can feel overwhelming. I think it would be great to customize our dashboard of the things we want to see everyday when we login.
If you have several clients on different customer journeys, ChurnZero has all the tools to engage with each client in a specific way. It doesn't bunch everyone into one group. You have the opportunity to send out automated "plays" in order to talk to your clients and discuss areas of improvement.
Read Jill Roberts's full review
Rex Muhlestein profile photo
October 02, 2018

User Review: "ChurnZero - Top CRM Software"

Today, companies are looking for a CRM that is meeting all of their needs, not just part of them and then needing to supplement the software with maybe a detailed spreadsheet or [something] that is not very user-friendly, even if it technically does the job. When I was hired at Briostack, they were using Salesforce. Which has many great things about it. In my experience, it was better than AS/400 for example. Sales and Client Services are the main departments using the CRM. At least with me personally, I found it difficult to track project completion and had a spreadsheet to supplement what I personally was not getting out of Salesforce. I know that there were other areas that motivated the company to look for an alternative, and at the time decisions were being made to go with ChurnZero (CZ), I was very skeptical it would be better than Salesforce combined with my spreadsheet. I was surprised that instead, CZ significantly exceeded my expectations. Not only just with easier project tracking and what my spreadsheet provided to supplement but so much more was introduced that proved to be a more comprehensive solution!
  • Task Default Setup & Tracking
  • Log Activities
  • Journeys used to section like customer groups
  • Customer Tagging
  • Attachments
  • Sales Product Details
  • NPS Customer Rating and Tracking
  • It is difficult to find anything I dislike.
- Task Default Setup & Tracking
The following are detailed areas that CZ provides that demonstrates a more comprehensive CRM solution. There are more features than this list, as as the ability to auto generate email campaigns. But, these are the main features that I have not seen in any other CRM in the current market.

Main Features Valued:
- Log Activities
- Journeys used to section like customer groups
- Customer Tagging
- Attachments
- Sales Product Details
- NPS Customer Rating and Tracking
Read Rex Muhlestein's full review
Sharon Peer profile photo
September 27, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Productive churn insights early in the journey"

We just recently started using ChurnZero (about 2 months ago) and while we still need more time with the product, we are already getting some good insights. ChurnZero has allowed us to better focus on customer behavior and features adoption as well as helping us to better aim our messaging and campaigns to prevent churn. ChurnZero support during the implementation phase, and after, has been superb. The answers provided were very professional (not canned responses). While it’s still early in the process, we are already utilizing many aspects of the product like churn score and risks, segmentation and automated alerts and playbooks.
  • Mapping of events and features adoption to learn about product engagement.
  • Good segmentation system that allows the granularity of addressing the relevant end customers with the relevant messages.
  • Rather simple integration and implementation process.
  • Better insights / prediction engine that can detect anomalies.
  • Integration with external BI tools.
  • More in-app messaging options.
ChurnZero is a very powerful tool to segment your customers according to different parameters like product events, demographics, seniority and much more. Segmenting customers might help you to better understand what customers are at risk of churning and react accordingly whatever it be manually by creating tasks to your CSM agents or by automatic playbooks.
Read Sharon Peer's full review
Ray Palani profile photo
November 19, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Easy and effective!"

Every single account manager at my company uses ChurnZero. We write in daily tasks that we discussed in our clients' accounts. Mostly listing what we discussed in our monthly calls and any tips for the next time.

Having ChurnZero helps us know if a client may or may not churn. This has helped the company tremendously considering we can save our clients before they do churn thanks to the chart in ChurnZero.
  • Daily tasks that you're able to submit. This helps the score stay low and in the green which is great.
  • I'm able to see organic traffic and see how well they performed over the months.
  • Churnscore is my absolute favorite. Gives me better insight on where my clients stand or if they are at risk.
  • Nothing really that i can think of..I think it's a great product.
One of my clients looked like they were going to churn from the churnscore card and because of the churnscore card Iwas able to keep them as a client.
Read Ray Palani's full review
Peter Bollinger profile photo
November 12, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Life saving software!"

ChurnZero is being used by the account management team at our company. We use it to identify at-risk clients, client usage, and key indicators of clients no longer subscribing to our service.
  • ChurnZero is great at sending you alerts when clients perform certain activities or do not perform any activities in a software for a given period of time.
  • ChurnZero has a very easy to use modern interface.
  • ChurZero has great reporting features
  • I have no recommendations for improvement.
  • ChurnZero has been great in alerting me when a client has not logged into their system in a given period of time.
  • ChurnZero has helped me identify who the primary user of the system is and who the other users are.
  • ChurnZero has helped me find contacts to build relationships with where I may not have had any.
Read Peter Bollinger's full review
November 18, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Maker Your Job Easier"

Our account management team relies on ChurnZero in order to keep track of our overall client health. As strategists with multiple clients, it can be difficult to maintain visibility over every client and our interactions with those clients. ChurnZero helps us see the big picture.
  • Monitoring overall client health based on the communication with your company.
  • Logging all activities helps you see when you need to meet with your clients.
  • NPS surveys allow you to see how your organization is doing with your clientele.
  • I don't really have anything too negative to say. It could be a bit more user friendly, however basic training and usage of the platform eliminates any doubt.
This tool is extremely helpful when monitoring client health based on your interactions with them. Whether you're seeing activity or the client journey/growth, seeing the picture as a whole makes your job easier. Alerts, Net Promoter Scoresall - of these features are easy to manage. Depending on the volume of clients, account management can be tough. ChurnZero centralizes a lot of the information under one platform.
February 27, 2018

User Review: "ChurnZero--amazing tool"

It is used to manage client software interaction and account usage levels and activity. I manage a book of over 100 accounts, so often it is hard to have a pulse on my individual account needs. Enter Churnzero which allows greater insight into clients account usage and needs.
It is used in the account management department of our software sales company.
  • Track client login
  • Alert account manager of any set metrics indicated
  • Provides insights into clients usage and daily interactions with our software
  • I would love for in app messaging capabilities to clients
ChurnZero is well suited when a client is deciding whether to renew services with us and is mass exporting our data in the mean time. This helps us filter through the double talk and help the client reach a resolution faster. This is extremely helpful during new client on-boarding process. It alerts you to first login, first everything, and can help the client get more familiar with our software.

Role-based user permissions (12)
API (12)
Integration with Salesforce.com (9)
Product usage (13)
Help desk / support tickets (10)
NPS surveys (12)
Sponsor tracking (8)
Customer profiles (13)
Automated workflow (13)
Internal collaboration (12)
Customer health scoring (13)
Customer segmentation (13)
Customer health trends (13)
Engagement analytics (13)
Dashboards (13)

About ChurnZero

ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform aims to help subscription businesses prevent customer churn. The platform integrates tightly with an organization's CRM system and their application or service. In doing so, ChurnZero (1) allows the business to understand how their customers use their product, (2) assesses customer health and likelihood to renew, and (3) gives the business the means to automate and personalize the customer experience through timely and relevant touchpoints, including in-app content. The vendor says ChurnZero customers see ROI in terms of more productive and better informed customer success managers who can provide their customers with better just-in-time service from the automated playbooks.

ChurnZero Features

Customer Data Extraction / Integration Features
Has featureProduct usage
Has featureHelp desk / support tickets
Has featureOnline customer community
Has featureCustomer segmentation
CSM Reporting & Analytics Features
Has featureCustomer health trends
Has featureEngagement analytics
Does not have featureRevenue forecasting
Has featureDashboards
Does not have featureCustomer lifetime value
Does not have featureChurn rate
Security Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions
Platform & Infrastructure Features
Has featureAPI
Has featureIntegration with Salesforce.com
Does not have featureIntegration with Marketo
Does not have featureIntegration with Eloqua
Has featureIn-app communication