ChurnZero Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

March 18, 2021
James O'Neal | TrustRadius Reviewer
ChurnZero is specifically being using by the customer success team at CallRail. From a 30,000ft level, it's used to give us a good idea of what our day ahead looks like each morning. Do I have 2 or 3 customer meetings? Then I need to make sure I've logged as many if not more activities to show. It's also incredibly helpful to break down our very large customer base into bite sized segments - from these segments, we can target our accounts for industry-specific communication (i.e. healthcare, real estate, etc.) or set up custom alerts on these accounts such as an alert to tell us when it's been 30 days since our last communication or when a customer submits a support ticket. It really helps us manage our books of business without too much manual work.
  • Mass communication: ChurnZero helps us quickly and efficiently communicate important information to all of our accounts at once without making it seem like it's coming from some generic marketing team (all love to my marketing friends out there!)
  • Usage data: By being able to sync our customer's product usage with ChurnZero, it allows the customer success team to be proactive with accounts that may be declining in app usage to try and re-engage. Or it can help us identify who is really using our product well and reach out to them to hopefully gain a reference or case study.
  • Note-taking and activity logging: ChurnZero has made it super easy to take notes and log activities for the many accounts we manage. It seems like on nearly every page within the app, there is a function to quickly add a note or create a task for follow up. This allows to really live within the product and easily access notes from past meetings and follow up on tasks that are due soon for our customers.
  • When creating a segment based on messages, there's currently no way to identify or add in which account is being messaged. There is user-level data to identify who sent or received the message, but no way to tie that user back to the account they're on. This is likely limited due to parent/child relationships where the same user might be listed on multiple accounts.
  • There is no ability to create generic notes or tasks within ChurnZero - everything has to be tied to a specific account. We want to live in as few softwares as possible, so having to use something external for just general meeting notes or task lists can cause some fatigue and it would be great if there was just a generic section within the program.
  • I generally find myself having multiple tabs of ChurnZero open at once, which is not really a problem in and of itself, but if there was some added functionality to not have a new page open for each new section (maybe building in previews instead), it could help with switching back and forth between different tabs.
ChurnZero is great for making account management easy and efficient. The main dashboard gives a high level overview of everything you have going on during a day (so long as you're using CZ to its fullest capability) to take the guess work out of what things you need to get done that day. We really benefit from being able to send out mass communication easily to certain segments of customers and CZ makes it effortless. It's also great for adapting over time - all you need to do to be successful segments is to start somewhere. Once you go along and have more detail, you can start filtering more and more to get your segments in a perfect spot for you. In this sense, ChurnZero is highly customizable.
Overall, I'm a huge fan of ChurnZero because of how easy it makes my job. The platform itself is easy to use but there are definitely some quirks here and there that take getting used to. I would definitely say that my experience with ChurnZero would be worse if we didn't have the amazing support that we do to help us whenever we have questions. Even though there may be certain aspects that are tough to wrap your mind around or use, our dedicated support takes away any usability issues that we run in to.
If I could give them an 11 on here, I would. From the implementation process, to the technical issues, to our dedicated customer success manager at ChurnZero, the support we receive is world class. And the leadership at ChurnZero really empowers its people to go above and beyond in helping the customer and making the product better.
Read James O'Neal's full review
June 02, 2021
Maura Kelly | TrustRadius Reviewer
ChurnZero is being used within Pathmatics to assess customer health, customize alerts across customers, assess platform usage and be able to run plays across various segments of our business. Currently, I find that the data is hugely helpful in working across my entire book of business, as opposed to looking account by account (which is also possible, in great detail). I especially like the Dashboard view, which gives me a very quick and succinct way to see the overall client book, distribution of dollars across 'risk levels' as well as accounts coming up for renewal.
  • Pull in data for all accounts and quickly assess the health of my client accounts.
  • See dollar distribution and health - especially for higher contract value clients.
  • Receive alerts for accounts where usage has increased or decreased recently (for example).
  • Retrieve information on an account-by-account basis and review which pages in my platform are being used most often (and trended over time).
  • I would love for the search bar at the top of the screen to be a different color to be more identifiable.
  • I would like for the area on my dashboard called "Total Contract Amount by Churn Risk for All Accounts" to be clickable / hyperlinked.
  • No other complaints.
Areas, where ChurnZero is very well suited, would be:
  • Quickly finding accounts that may be at high risk of churning.
  • Identifying, at a glance, which accounts may have dropped in usage (and if this is out of the ordinary for that specific account).
  • Identifying when usage has increased on an account - this may lead to more conversations, upsell opportunities or new executive contacts.
  • Being able to run email campaigns through the system targeted at specific people or accounts.
At this time I don't really have any scenarios I've felt that ChurnZero is not well suited.
Read Maura Kelly's full review
April 15, 2021
Louise Cunningham | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used by our Success team, Churn Zero allows us to identify growth and churn risks with the use of real-time data. It allows us to understand how individual users are engaging with the product and gain insights into the whole user base, not just the contacts we have the best relationships with. We were working blind before, talking to those who were shouting loudest and not always knowing about those who were quietly struggling.
  • Customer Success
  • Pulls together insights from different places into one.
  • Account health scores.
  • Automating regular communications
  • Time saver
  • Inability to CC multiple individuals on one email.
  • For journeys and plays, you need to have created the segments first, it would be a little easier if you could just add the criteria to the play itself rather than having separate segments.
If you want to bring data from a CRM, SAAS product and helpdesk together to get an overall view of what your clients are doing, it's a great tool!
Initially it can be tricky to get your head around, but once you know it it's really easy and there's plenty help guides etc to assist
Good support
Read Louise Cunningham's full review
February 04, 2021
Theo Pillich | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ChurnZero to manage our customer base and also manage all interactions throughout the life cycle. It is really helpful for managing follow-ups, tasks, and things like that.
  • ChurnZero does a great job of helping you keep track of customer life cycle and progress
  • ChurnZero does a great job of streamlining and automating follow-ups or tasks for customers
  • ChurnZero does a great job at setting up NPS surveys or other review requests
  • ChurnZero could improve their sync time with Salesforce. It usually takes 15-20 mins to reflect changes from Salesforce to ChurnZero or vice versa
  • ChurnZero could improve the dashboards to make them more digestible
  • ChurnZero could always add more integrations
ChurnZero really helps monitor customer interactions and life cycles from a customer success standpoint. It helps you keep track of tasks, follow-ups, events, and things like that, which all help streamline the work that a CS professional has to do every day. Ever since using ChurnZero it has helped cut down on mundane administrative work.
It seems daunting at first but the sessions with the CSM really helped us understand the interface and how to utilize ChurnZero to the best of our ability. It is actually pretty easy to use and pretty understandable. I would say that most people seem to understand how to use ChurnZero at my organization.
ChurnZero's reps frequently reach out to see what they can do to help or to improve the experience for us. This goes a long way and it is a testament to the support that you get with ChurnZero. They have made things much clearer for us along the way.
Read Theo Pillich's full review
February 04, 2021
Emily Traxler | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Implementation Team uses Churn Zero as well as the Customer Success Team. It offers in-app NPS surveys that we use to make business decisions, it shows feature usage, and it automates proactive outreach to customers which saves us a ton of time and improves customer sentiment overall.
  • In-app NPS: We are able to prove business decisions using NPS. For example, we were able to increase the response rate using CZ and use the collected data to prove that our recent investments in support were fueling positive customer sentiment (based on comments).
  • Churn scores: We use churn scores to predict renewal likelihood. We use this to determine if we are going to reach our company retention goals and to make sure all churn is expected.
  • Automated Messaging: We use plays to reach customers who are not using the platform, who just started implementation, who don't use certain features, etc.
  • Sometimes I find navigating the app isn't particularly intuitive, but usually figure it out.
CZ is well suited for any Saas company. I honestly cannot think of an example of a business that would not benefit from these insights. Maybe it would be a waste if you did not have someone dedicated to implementing and managing the tool.
I think navigating the platform could be easier, but it is still really great!
We have had great experiences reaching out to support and receiving thorough answers in a timely manner.
Read Emily Traxler's full review
April 15, 2021
We use ChurnZero for all of our client-facing team members. The biggest problem we are solving is visibility across the board on all of our clients to all the different people in our company that interact with our clients. We have also been able to achieve better consistency in the service we provide since our process is built right into ChurnZero. We have realized tons of time savings and the ability to roll out new wrinkles in our procedures [is] much more effortless. We can update email templates, add new automation, and create new segments that all provide value to our CSM team without them having to do or remember anything.
  • I like how ChurnZero is built specifically for the Customer Success side of a business.
  • It has all data we need to access front and center, and it also helps visualize our accounts as a whole and all of the upcoming tasks associated with them.
  • ChurnZero is very simple to use, user-friendly, and helps automate many of the repetitive tasks a CSM does to support their clients.
  • The biggest downside I see is that it does not sync Salesforce Events over to the platform. [ChurnZero] only [syncs] tasks.
  • Events are helpful since they have a start and end time. [We've] had to change out [our] process to accommodate ChurnZero not having the [event] ability.
  • It also does not have as robust reporting as some other platforms.
ChurnZero simplifies many of the client journeys, like Onboarding and Renewal processes. It is also a great home for all [the] data about a specific client. It is also [well] suited for repetitive emails [and] tasks, as it can automate them for team members. ChurnZero can also alert you of upcoming events within your account or recent account changes. It [...] also [helps] you track anticipated churn or account growth.
ChurnZero is very simple to use because there are few places to navigate so you do not have to click around to a bunch of areas within the app. Since all client information is visible in just a few places within the app, the team was able to get up to speed on ChurnZero's functionality very easily. You can also complete many actions from one place in the app (log a call, send an email, run an automation play, add someone to a journey) so it makes every screen within ChurnZero multi-purpose which continues to make the app easy to use.

The first thing we got value-wise with ChurnZero, was syncing all of our client information to one place right away. With all the integrations and back-end set up complete, our team had confidence the data was correct and in the correct place. This was immensely valuable for our team. We also began to get value from the automation with ChurnZero. Previously, our team had to have a call with a client, manually log the call, open their [Gmail], [...] send the recap email, send out a customer satisfaction survey, create a new task for the next call, and send a calendar invite. Now, our team just needs to click that the task is complete, the survey is automatically sent out, the recap email is queued up so they can add in their notes (and send in a click of a button), the next call task is automatically created, and our gcal event [syncs] with the ChurnZero calendar so there is no need to update in multiple places.
[I gave ChurnZero and excellent rating because] [the] CSM is very attentive and will [respond to] a call whenever we need [help]. [ChurnZero's] support team is also very responsive when you send in a ticket. Everyone I've interacted with is very knowledgeable about the product and eager to help.
June 29, 2021
My company is currently using this awesome service as a CRM tool. It is allowing us to manage tasks as well as log opportunities and activities within a specific account. Before ChurnZero, my company did not have a CRM tool, which was causing a lot of problems with follow-up and account management. Since starting with ChurnZero things have been absolutely amazing and I couldn’t be more happier with the service.
  • Account management
  • Logging activities
  • Tracking numbers
  • Reports
  • Snapshot of current numbers
  • Calendar Integration
  • Custom reporting
It allows me to utilize the service log my opportunities and create tasks for follow ups or even for team members to complete tasks. We rely heavily on departments completing tasks so if I can create a task or even a calendar invite churn allows me to coordinate everything
I think for what the cost is this product is absolutely amazing as a CRM tool and it allows me to manage my accounts. I think it would be great if it had an app for the phone but it’s easily accessible through Safari.
I don’t deal directly with the support team that’s what my team does but if I had to I would think that they are awesome.
March 19, 2021
We're using ChurnZero for the Customer Success team. The rest of the company has insight via Slack, but primarily it's for the CS team. It's helping us consolidate data in one location so that we don't have to jump between several tools to see how an account is doing. Having a single source for our customer data is a tremendous time saver.
  • Flexibility - Lots of ways you can structure data and extract insights.
  • Easy of use - the information architecture is set up in an intuitive manner.
  • Support - The CS and support teams are very responsive and helpful.
  • Text input fields are a bit clunky. Line breaks come out weird unless doing shift + enter.
  • Some admin level features require saving twice to actually save something. This has been improved so that you don't lose work though!!
  • The UI design is a little outdated.
Great for managing customers health, communications, contacts.
Not great for marketing or sales exclusively. Works well in conjunction with other software for these things though (like HubSpot or Salesforce). If you are combining any of these systems with CZ it definitely helps to have them set up in at the same time though as the setup in HubSpot was tricky for us due to how our Sales and Marketing teams wanted to use HubSpot vs how it needed to be structured to play nicely with CZ.
CZ is set up in a way that makes it very easy to use and customize. Navigation is a one tier click from the nav bar on the left side of the screen so getting to any part of the site doesn't take more than 2 click (that's some strong UX principles at play there).
Support is pretty timely and they're very friendly. Only thing I would recommend (and maybe it's there but I missed it) would be a training portal for users comparable to the admin training portal. I think having short digestible videos in structured modules help with training and makes referencing back to those videos really easy.
July 05, 2021
Our company is a data-driven company and we totally rely upon the data to see which customer may Churn in the future and proactively reach out before they make the decision. It is a very good data-driven software that I ever used. You can set the requirements and you can see them individually or as a company. Best software for the data out there for sure! Loving it!
  • Data metrics
  • Setting up the goals
  • Graphical Representation
  • Creating own Templates
  • Creating own tables
  • Documentation design
Not most of the software out there is data-driven to see where everything is. But ChurnZero has that ability and we love seeing those metrics all in one place.
We are using [it to] the fullest and we know what we are looking for and we can find that information.
Good Customer support whenever we needed it.
January 20, 2021
Greg Watkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
ChurnZero was decided on by both our CSM and sales teams as well as our management. The reason we needed to implement a new solution was because we were operating in siloed systems without visibility across the team. This was causing a lot of friction and pain. We needed reporting badly, and we needed a way to easily identify and locate customers and trends in a single place. The major problems were around reporting, adoption and usage, and implementing playbooks for the long tail of our CSM operations.
  • Great CSM partnership with easy-to-schedule training.
  • The system is very easy to implement but does take some time to configure and customize to your liking.
  • Integrations are a strong suit for the system, as it has the ability to integrate with several existing systems.
  • Too much functionality; the system is very robust and requires some time and playing around to get used to.
  • We would love to see user data on a more granular level, but this is a feature that we have not enabled yet.
  • We took a long time to implement ChurnZero, but this was a failure on our organization, not on ChurnZero's side.
  • Our first CSM was okay, but not the greatest, he was replaced before we went live with our new CSM, Chase, who is fantastic!
ChurnZero is a great scalable solution for a growing company who demands more robust reporting and more proactive communications and playbooks build out. The solution is cost preventative compared to some of the much more pricier solutions on the market such as Gainsight which is an industry leading solutions.
The team has done a great job training us and getting us to full speed, and our management team has equally done a good job rolling out and training us on the new processes.
Flexibility is a strong strength here, as it is quite endless the number of dimensions that you can track and measure customer activity, our use cases are a bit more specific to fintech companies, which I know they work some of our competitors.
Lastly, they are startup company who is more nimble and easier to influence their product roadmap and make an impact.
The system is quite easy to use once it has been set up from implementation and the system administrators. Because the system is so complex, it does take some time to set up, but rolling it out to the team should be a much easier process. Our main use cases are reporting revenue ad hoc from an individual customer basis, as well as from a CSM basis. We also have developed playbooks and customer journeys which are automated campaigns that can be sent when a customer reaches a particular point within their lifespan using our products.
So far so good, I have only had to deal with customer support on two different occasions, but the issue was more so on our side and how we implemented the product. Their team was responsive and easy to reach.
Read Greg Watkins's full review
January 19, 2021
Maximilian Celebi | TrustRadius Reviewer
ChurnZero is used by our Customer Success Team in our efforts to increase customer retention. Metrics in ChurnZero are part of our reporting to the CEO. ChurnZero helps us to identify the likelihood of our customers churning and set benchmarks to our top-performing customers. This way ChurnZero helps us as well in creating strategies - from the initial onboarding to nurturing of our mature customers.
  • ChurnZero is particularly strong in taking into account any metric our platform records and use these metrics to calculate a ChurnScore - a calculated probability of customer churning.
  • The automation possibilities of ChurnZero are very elaborate - tasks, emails, in-app announcements, updating accounts, moving accounts to different segments, etc.
  • These automations can be triggered by time-related factors or any event our system records - such as a login.
  • ChurnZero has a very strong support model, initial weekly meetings with a dedicated CSM turn into biweekly meetings. Our CSM (Lucas) has always been helpful, giving insights and motivated to add constant value to our subscription.
  • Some of the navigation of the platform could be more intuitive - I work frequently with opening new tabs by clicking CMD+mouse, but it does not always open new tabs when doing so.
ChurnZero is well suited in scenarios where companies are in need of:
  • Better client segmentation.
  • Better client health/performance overview.
  • Automation.
  • Clearer processes of client journeys.
ChurnZero has a massive variety of features, but it takes time and dedication in setting up the platform.
Fortunately, ChurnZero's support model is very helpful in setting everything up.
Once the platform is part of the process and everyone on board understands it, it adds great value to our CS work.
ChurnZero's CSM is always ready to help and give advice. 10/10 for their support model!
Read Maximilian Celebi's full review
September 19, 2020
Reanna Dempsey | TrustRadius Reviewer
ChurnZero is mainly used by our Customer Success team to track all important customer interactions. We are able to predict the future by using a series of factors that contribute to an overall heath score, and then we can act upon certain data that is proactively pushed to the relevant people on the team. ChurnZero is so easy to integrate with Salesforce.com that we push a lot of data back into Salesforce for the rest of the company to digest. At the end of the day, ChurnZero cuts through the noise of a CSM's day-to-day and helps them to truly be in control of what they are doing, and makes sure the most critical outcomes are achieved and tracked.
  • The Salesforce.com integration is incredibly intuitive
  • Implementation and CSM support are top-notch
  • Automations and alerts are so easy to set up and manage
  • There are SO many things this software can do - it's easy to start with too many CTAs and alerts that it can overwhelm the users. Start simple and build as you go to prevent CTA-overload.
ChurnZero is well-suited for any company that wants to take their Customer Success game to the next level. It's easy to set up, and very intuitive even for people who have not administered software before.

The only time I think it would be less appropriate would be if a company does not have a way to leverage real-time product data. ChurnZero definitely shines when you are able to get a window into how customers use your product.
Read Reanna Dempsey's full review
September 17, 2020
tal horovits | TrustRadius Reviewer
ChurnZero is utilized by 3 different teams within our company: Customer Success, Sales, and Product, where each is finding different value in the capabilities of ChurnZero.
The Customer Success team uses ChurnZero almost on a daily basis: it's the only place that combines information from both our platform and CRM, allows the team to get a full view on customer engagement and adoption, and drive initiatives to increase both. The CurnZero customized scoring system helps to easily identify accounts that are at risk and get real-time analysis of the different account tiers and their usage. It's solving the main problem of keeping track of the usage of accounts that are still in trials in order to convert them to paying customers.
Our Sales team is using ChurnZero to measure their activities and engagement with their assigned accounts: ChurnZero offers a one-stop-shop for them to manage their activities while focusing on specific segments of accounts and generate daily/weekly reports to keep track of their KPIs in connection of accounts health and tenement.
Our Product team is using CurnZero dashboards and reports to gain insights on the user's activities across our platform to understand the value of specific features and plan ahead of our product roadmap.
  • The ability to generate different customized health scores to measure usage and adoption. The scores can be constructed on specific actions and steps users are taking in our platform.
  • Easy integration with verity of platforms we use across our company. We bring in information from our SF, Segment, and Intercom.
  • ChurnZero allows building very detailed segments on different level such as accounts, contacts, trials, events, opportunities, activities/messages and even campaigns form SF.
  • While ChurnZero offers great tools for building segmentation and health scores, their flexibility in generating visualization can be greatly improved. The dashboards are currently built in and it's not possible to customize them as we would like to. When dealing with lots of data, it's easier to gain insights when visualizing the data.
  • When building health scores - the scores are calculated once a day which means you need to wait up to 24 hours to see the results. There's a way to get a peek of the score only if you look inside of the score mechanism - it would be better if I could run the calculation as needed.
  • ChurnZero shows a list of all events we choose to bring into the system from our platform. This can ends with dozens of events, and when we look on the existing fixed dashboards it's sometimes hard to focus on specific meaningful events - would be easier if we can set filters that are "sticky" and always remains without the need to configure it every time we view the dashboards panel.
ChurnZero becomes really useful whenever I need to gain insights on specific accounts and their usage. For example, it's easy for me to look at strategic accounts and get a full view of the account, ARR, renewal date, usage, and engagement all in one window and then being able to dive into the account activities to investigate how they interact with our platform. I'm using it on a daily basis to keep track of trails account and their journey, flag accounts that are at risk due to decreasing usage, and provide real-time alerts directly in our company slack channels to streamline the information with different stakeholders.
I use ChurnZero on a daily basis, but sometimes I need to take additional manual steps to generate insights using visualization by exporting information from ChurnZero.
ChurnZero support has been more than great! Every question or problem I had during the process was answered in a timely manner and the rep has always come up with a solution to help me achieve my goals. As a customer success manager, I can only testify that they offer a very high level of service, which makes a huge difference for the use.
Read tal horovits's full review
January 08, 2021
David Jensen | TrustRadius Reviewer
ChurnZero is being used by our Customer Success department and helping us scale. It makes it possible for our CSMs to work with more customers by aggregating data and automating touch points. It also helps our CSMs know the next best actions they should be taking with their customers and gives them a tool to do most of their daily work.
  • Automating touch points
  • Aggregating data
  • Identifying customer needs
  • Could be better with true e-mail templates
  • Ability to reply to e-mails from a inbox like page would be huge
  • The visuals are a bit outdated
I really would only use it in a customer success department that is aiming to scale.
It's simple and straight forward to use and allows plenty of modification.
They are quick to respond when we have issues and always willing to give us guidance when we are trying to configure new processes.
Read David Jensen's full review
December 22, 2020
Pierre Boudet | TrustRadius Reviewer
ChurnZero is used across our Customer Success and Professional Services teams to track customer engagement and project status. We are also using ChurnZero to track product engagement leveraging their Devless console.
  • Depth of the product
  • Highly customizable
  • Customer Service
  • Easy integration to Salesforce
  • The UX could be refreshed
In my experience, ChurnZero is clearly built for CS teams. A lot can be done here to streamline and automate manual tasks, create reminders, create segments, etc...

We have also expanded our usage to our PS team as the high degree of flexibility allows to start with a generic framework but refine it further for each custom project while having all that data fed back to Salesforce.
In my experience, the tool took a few days to grasp but once I understood the infrastructure of the solution it was fairly easy to navigate and configure.
We have had fantastic support from our Customer Success representative so it has been great.
Read Pierre Boudet's full review
Klaas Schippers | TrustRadius Reviewer
ChurnZero is used by:
- Customer Success
- Product
- Marketing
- Senior Management
(- Onboarding to follow soon)

With the help of the automation that CZ provides us, we are able to have visibility on all of our customers. As we service thousands of them, a manually going into each and every account would just not be doable, not even with hundreds of CSM's! Thanks to the DevLess automation that CZ offers, all we needed to do was add a javascript line to our code, and CZ tracks which user is active, and where! Further to that, we added more 'events' that show us how healthy a customer is. If a customer shows signs of disengagement, we get alerts and can reach out. With a daily dashboard, all our CSMs have a place to work from. Thanks to the Slack integration, all of the company has access to the key details of each and every customer. Customer Success is not done by a department, it is carried out throughout the organisation, and CZ is at the center of it.
  • Churn scores.
  • In-App messages.
  • Reducing manual tasks!
  • Onboarding takes a lot of time.
  • Slack app is sometimes a little buggy.
Suits well if you want to scale your organisation, or have a very complex tool, absolute gamechanger if you want to scale AND have a sophisticated product that you offer to your customers.

Unfortunately, ChurnZero does not support MultiCurrency yet, this means that, if your organisation sells and reports in multiple-currencies, you need to take some extra steps during the implementation process.
Whilst setting up CZ can be complicated. Once you have your core-product set up, it's smooth sailing. Every CSM has a dashboard which pretty much takes them through the day. A segment can be made in a few clicks, and churn scores can be copied over. It really shows that ChurnZero was developed with the end in mind, to make usage as easy as possible and save you and your team a lot of time.
Support is absolutely fantastic with CZ. Tickets get answered in hours, and our CSM Chase has been going above and beyond to help us getting started with ChurnZero. Even though we are well past our onboarding, our onboarding specialist Jack is still on standby should we need him. If you are CSM at a Customer Success platform, you really are in the Mecca of Customer Success, and they sure are generous with sharing expertise and best practises. Your playing Major-League Customer Success with ChurnZero!
Read Klaas Schippers's full review
November 03, 2020
Cassie Wilcox | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ChurnZero within our Customer Success team. It enables organisation throughout the working day/week and keeps me up to date with customer health scores. If usage from a customer suddenly drops it gives us insight into potential issues before they result in churn. The tool is brilliant for task automation also and keeps me in line with priorities for the day.
  • Task automation.
  • Streamline processes.
  • Customer health scores.
  • Direct links to NPS responses from customer profiles.
  • List of upcoming renewals on daily tasks.
  • Easy access to list of low scoring customers.
Fantastic for boarding new customer and introducing them to your product. A great way to ensure consistency of customer on-boarding processes throughout the team and make sure no customers are missed from crucial steps.
Great tool would recommend to anyone.
Great responses and assigned AM.
Read Cassie Wilcox's full review
November 02, 2020
Matthew Wright | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used to gain visibility into our clients' engagement with our platform, and alerts for when our clients become idle. ChurnZero also helps us conduct our NPS surveys, which has given us great clarity on how users find the platform with the option to leave feedback to help us improve.
  • Real time data.
  • Reporting dashboards.
  • Alerts.
  • NPS Campaign.
  • Awesome Customer Success Managers.
  • Can take a while to get used to using.
I've found using ChurnZero to be helpful as a virtual personal assistant. I go in first thing in the morning to see my tasks, if I have any message[s] to review, and approve to be sent to clients for NPS responses. I run the NPS campaign and the reporting for NPS is excellent.
It's an awesome tool when you know how to use it - but getting to know how to use it and where to find certain information can take some time, even for the more 'tech-savvy' people. I feel our CSM has helped a lot in helping us navigate the platform so the customer success team is excellent.
Our CSM is always receptive to an email or call. We can choose to have a bi-weekly cadence with them too, which helps us with operational questions that come up over the course of a week or two. Overall, high level of service which is much appreciated by the whole team.
Read Matthew Wright's full review
September 03, 2020
Beatriz de Rosa Soares | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it only at the Customer Success department. It helps us structure the CS mindset throughout the company, helping us organize our customer information on our CRM - with easy-to-use software and playbooks that help us with bulk actions.
Our CS department is recent in the company, but the ChurnZero team really helped us with great service and product, and also showing us how CS can be used in all fields in a company, helping us shape our company here.
  • Helping us with questions.
  • Attending our needs regarding the system and CS in general.
  • Organization of our database.
  • Centralisation of information from all the management systems we use.
  • Great UX.
  • Easy-to-use platform.
  • Better method of integration with systems that don't have native integration.
  • Different language speaking employees. As we are from Brazil and not all of us speak English, sometimes, the communication was a bit difficult. But they did their best with what they had right now.
Well suited:
- To be used as a method to learn and take actions based on what your customers think of you.
- Tracking NPS.
- Tracking the satisfaction of the customer.

Less appropriate: used as a CRM. Even thought they are great, the platform does not have the resources for that.
  • Online training
  • in-person training
I didn't use the support very much yet. The few times I used, was great.
Because we can do almost anything we want there. Sometimes, a few kind of segments are hard to filter, but overall it is great.
Easy to escalate.
Read Beatriz de Rosa Soares's full review
August 20, 2020
Chantz Oliver | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used by department but used to report to leadership on customers.
  • Strong proactive outreach capabilities.
  • Great segmentation capabilities and data tracking.
  • Features that can automate a "personalized" experience.
  • Needs reporting tools. Better visualizations of what teams are accomplishing within the application.
  • Not a weakness but if we could track attributes like we track events with trend lines we would be blown away.
I used ChurnZero for B2B large enterprise company management but I had a few CSMs who focused on our SMB market and we used it with great value in that area as well. If you build it well, it could be used for both. I dont have any comments for direct-to-consumer businesses.
Read Chantz Oliver's full review
December 02, 2020
We use it to measure usage of our LMS Organizational Management software. It provides transparency into usage, activity, and outreach efforts. It also allows us to automate processes using that data.
  • Automation of simple to moderately complex processes (think, "if X happens, I always want to respond with Y actions.")
  • DevLess feature allows me to configure tracking with zero assistance from our busy development team.
  • Easy integration with our CSM Hubspot.
  • Slow load times
  • Improved transparency into how things work (filters operate using "and" logic, not "or" logic)
  • Building a Churn Score is confusing and could be made better if the total score calculation was more obvious to prevent errors when saving.
I'd recommend ChurnZero for any software company.
More pros than cons.
Could be a bit faster but overall I've received helpful support.
November 05, 2020
We use ChurnZero, as you might expect, in our Customer Success team, and so far we're loving it.

Before we had ChurnZero, we struggled with spreadsheets and a failed implementation with another CS platform. The result was that we were missing key dates and deadlines, didn't have reliable company-wide insight into the health of our customers, and a lot of our time was spent searching through different systems for information that we didn't know if we could trust. ChurnZero changes that.
  • Clear user experience makes it simple for CSMs to see "This is what I need to do right now/today/this week."
  • Great CS team helps you get off the ground and drives you to get things done to succeed.
  • Wide breadth of knowledge available to help you improve as a CS team using their tools.
  • Some of the administrative side is a little harder to get to grips with than the main CSM-facing part.
  • Many integrations are somewhat inflexible - you integrate in the way they have defined and that's just how it integrates.
  • If your SaaS product is deployed across multiple URLs, it's a lot harder to get data back. We're having to do considerable dev work to get usage data and metrics.
ChurnZero is ideal if you have a small-medium Customer Success team that needs actionable data and processes to evolve to the next level.

ChurnZero is less ideal if your product doesn't fit their common patterns for integration (which to be clear is an issue for all CS platforms), and is likely not the most flexible if you have already implemented significant processes and workflows that you don't want to change.
The UI has been designed to work for the CSM first. Not for stakeholders or its own system requirements, not for some imaginary range of personas where in trying to serve everyone it serves nobody - it serves the CSM. They know what to do, where and how. The admin setup is mostly clear with a few minor inconveniences, and they don't bother me enough to knock a point off.
Their customer success team and implementation team are fantastic, and always happy to help.

I've not had the best responses from their support team, but I've also not asked the most of them so far. I can't judge their entire team based on the interactions with them that I've had so far.
November 05, 2020
ChurnZero is currently being used within our Client side of the business by our client sales and Customer Success Managers. We use it to manage an internal program specifically focused on targeting accounts with Red Customer Health in addition to the daily use of understanding our customers and segmenting for outreach/prioritization purposes. It helps us focus specifically on accounts that need attention now through visibility on renewal dates, ChurnScore factors, activity, among others. Our Customer Success Managers are primary users of the tool and our Account Executives use it for visibility on ChurnScore attributes.
  • In-app Messaging to specific segments of users
  • Dashboards and segmenting for full visibility of customer base
  • Support from the ChurnZero team in addressing questions, receptive to product suggestions
  • They do have an existing Salesforce integration, but how we specifically operate requires more integration in other areas of Salesforce instead of CZ working with us for custom builds
  • More features around in-app messaging and tracking around effectiveness of the message on product usage
ChurnZero is a great tool for CS organizations that are still establishing their own internal processes and workflows. This could be more of a change management item for us internally, but we came in with very established and a set way of doing things which was an adjustment in the implementation but ChurnZero has worked very closely with us in offering custom work and providing alternative solutions to what we are looking to achieve.
ChurnZero is overall fairly intuitive with the proper training and onboarding experience up front for your end users. They have different sections of the product clearly labeled for direction and plenty of documentation within their Help Center that is easily accessible. They also have smaller items, which make a huge difference, such as sticky filters.
We have had a fairly positive experience with the support we have received from ChurnZero. We were assigned an implementation specialist who worked with us for longer than their typical customer journey so we could ensure a smooth roll-out of our tool given our more complex workflows/processes we needed to incorporate. We have also worked directly with the Chief Product Officer to discuss potential product suggestion who has also returned and provided periodic updates on the status. Our current CSM has been a great partner to us in working to understand our business initiatives and providing potential solutions or offering additional support as needed.
January 21, 2021
Our customer success team is using ChurnZero to track progress with our clients. It addresses everything from onboarding to expansion. Thanks to ChurnZero's ability to create plays, we are able to ensure every client has the same experience. The system allows for reminders or alerts so no steps are missed or forgotten. It is also a great tool for tracking customer feedback. This has helped us reassess our process and continue to improve.
  • Reminders for steps in the onboarding process
  • Quick at-a-glance review of the status of a person's or the team's portfolio
  • Collecting feedback from clients
  • Pulling highly detailed segments (or reports) can often be confusing
  • Intricate detail to setup (but once it is finished, you have the ability to copy for other uses)
The system is great for unity across your team. It ensures clients receive the same spectacular customer success experience whether they are assigned a senior CSM or someone new to the role. This also allows a great way to onboard not only new clients but new team members so the process is clearly defined within the journey.
The ChurnZero Academy was a huge help in understanding the full functionality of the tool. It is something that we have encouraged all CSMs to use while getting used to "living" in ChurnZero. After you know how to use the basics, most of the other needs for non-admin users become extremely intuitive.
Chase has been outstanding! He makes time for all of our questions and has the answer--or some form of a solution--by the end of 98% of our calls. If all of ChurnZero's customer support is this attentive, I have no doubt every one of their clients would give a similar rating.
September 17, 2020
As the product name suggests, we use ChurnZero to combat churn and manage a delightful customer success experience. Our success team uses ChurnZero on a daily basis to keep track of our customers, nurture customer health, manage our messaging through playbooks, and more. We are able to get the pulse of our customers and make sure our customer-base grows!
  • Extremely flexible
  • Powerful integrations
  • Incredible Support
  • User Interface
  • Native Freshdesk integration
  • Product led user onboarding
ChurnZero is best suited for SaaS companies that have customer success teams and if you want to build custom customer journeys and playbooks and automate your customer success management operations.
It's also well-suited to get full visibility and insights on your customer health, product usage, product adoption and revenue growth. It prevents customer and revenue churn while growing NRR.

Role-based user permissions (93)
API (80)
Integration with Salesforce.com (78)
Product usage (104)
Help desk / support tickets (84)
NPS surveys (90)
Sponsor tracking (33)
Customer profiles (101)
Automated workflow (105)
Internal collaboration (84)
Customer health scoring (106)
Customer segmentation (103)
Customer health trends (101)
Engagement analytics (99)
Dashboards (105)

What is ChurnZero?

ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform aims to help subscription businesses prevent customer churn. The platform integrates tightly with an organization's CRM system and their application or service. In doing so, ChurnZero (1) allows the business to understand how their customers use their product, (2) assesses customer health and likelihood to renew, and (3) gives the business the means to automate and personalize the customer experience through timely and relevant touchpoints, including in-app content. The vendor says ChurnZero customers see ROI in terms of more productive and better informed customer success managers who can provide their customers with better just-in-time service from the automated playbooks.