GiveSmart will elevate your auctions!
May 25, 2021

GiveSmart will elevate your auctions!

Overall Satisfaction with GiveSmart

We entered a 2 year contract with GiveSmart and are grateful that we did! I had used GiveSmart over 6 years ago at another company and had a great experience. When I came to USA Water Polo I was tasked with the duty of finding a mobile bidding platform that would be appealing to our constituents. Before I arrived the organization had used another platform that was not user friendly. I vetted about 4 platforms and GiveSmart was the best fit for us.
We use the platform for fundraising purposes, specifically for our Golf Tournament events. It has been a saving grace when it comes to our auction and mobile bidding. In the one year we've used it, direct donations were up and we had the best auction yet.
  • Auction management.
  • Donor receipts.
  • Customer service - troubleshooting.
  • Unlimited events under the contract.
  • Mass texting - I was told this was a feature and it was not.
  • Site design could be better. It's tricky!
  • Increased line item revenue for direct donations and auction.
  • Network reach.
  • Quick functionality.
I checked out Handbid, OneCause and another I cannot recall. A lot of the reason I chose GiveSmart is because I had experience with them before. I had a great experience in 2013 when I had used it with another client. Since 2013 the platform has improved tremendously! The sales guy was also really helpful.
I had a really seamless experience with the administrative use and only got positive feedback from users. Administratively, it is pretty straight forward. I did not use any tutorials and was able to create a good site. I'm sure it could have been even better if I had tapped into some resources.

Users enjoyed the platform and were impressed by the interface.
Top-notch customer support! Every single issue I had was addressed quickly and accurately. I must also add that each issue I had was user error on my part, not a GiveSmart glitch. The customer service agents were patient with me when I was usually frustrated by the time I was reaching out for help.
This component was quite easy for us. GiveSmart's design capabilities come in a template form that the user gets to customize. As an organization we have a style guide for me to follow. I used our designated logos and colors to design our site. I wish that there were more customization options, but what is available is straight forward. It looked like a USA Water Polo site!
GiveSmart is a great solution for events with an auction component. We would not have retained GiveSmart unless we needed this feature. We already use a CRM but it does not have auction features. I would highly recommend this to non-profit clients where there is an auction piece. It was also helpful for us when selling merchandise and while doing direct fundraising.

I have yet to use some of the features, including ticketing and champion fundraising, as these features are available to me in our CRM.