OneCause

OneCause Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Mara Bray | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneCause is being used by our Advancement team, working to help us manage in-person and virtual events, which includes ticket sales, auctions, donations, and reporting. OneCause gives us the opportunity to use data and reporting to better streamline our events and manage the events more efficiently for pre-event and post-event logistics.
  • Data and reporting
  • Customer Service
  • Tools and Resources
  • User-friendly software
  • Continue to innovate and build upon current software
OneCause is great for smaller teams, or event volunteer based teams with little to no software experience. OneCause has a really amazing resource/university to provide users with information and problem solving for almost all issues. They also integrate help pages in their software, so if you are on a specific landing page, you can click the help button and get more help for that specific page and it's capabilities.
Super easy to use and user-friendly. There is so much you can do, with easily accessible information.
Support and I are best friends, I swear. They are always super quick to help and solve any issues I have - not to mention, when the chat function is available, it is ALWAYS my go to.
September 18, 2021

OneCause Success

Ashley Drew | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use OneCause as our p2p fundraising platform for our special events and initiatives. It is very user friendly, and we have had a wonderful response from our constituents that say it is much easier to raise money than with our previous platform.
  • Facebook integration
  • Simplifies the registration process
  • Staff can create campaigns on their own easily
  • Adding an umbrella function for corporations with multiple departments participating in events or multiple locations, so all of their fundraising can show a grand total, but also how much each individual group has raised.
Their customer service team is incredible. If you have a question or need assistance, they are quick to respond or send a video showing you how to solve your issue. They also answer the helpline. I've worked with many platforms over the last 16 years, and OneCause is by far my favorite to work with on the back end, in addition to not having to hand hold participants through the registration process. It is very easy to use and many of our constituents who are not tech savvy, have had tons of success and positive feedback to the new platform.
It is super easy to use, you just click through each section and fill in the information or you can copy information over from previous campaigns which saves a lot of time.
As I stated before, their customer service team is incredible. They are quick to respond and help answer any questions. They also send videos to walk you through your issue, so you can see exactly how to fix it and can look back at any time.
September 18, 2021

OnceCause is a Great Value!

Allison White Holmes | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use OneCause for specific events. It's great for ticketing and auctions. We have also used it for a P2P fundraiser. I love that there is a text function to send messages to our attendees, especially because we don't have that function for our organization at large. All of their platforms are pretty easy to use, but their customer service is key and it's great!
  • Ticketing
  • Texting participants
  • P2P
  • Customer Service
  • Better event module with more flexibility
  • P2P is a bit confusing for the user sometimes
  • Ability to remove auction function from an event if it's not needed
I think you get a lot for the annual price. It is relatively easy to use and can accomplish event goals for fundraising, ticket sales, auction sales, peer-to-peer fundraising and most event ideas. I can't say enough how much I appreciate the good customer service! Having that support is really key when using new programs!
I think that there is always some room for some improvement, but overall, OneCause has great usability. It is pretty easy to use and I was able to learn it pretty quickly, as were my colleagues. [OneCause] has a great customer service team so anything I did not know how to do or was unsure of, I had the great customer service team as a resource.
The overall support for OneCause is great! They are always there when you need them. For each new module that we purchased, we had a dedicated account manager who walked us through the functionality of the module, set up multiple meetings with us, helped us build our fundraisers and were always there when we had additional questions.
July 29, 2021

Worth every penny!

One Cause is being used for fundraising at our parish. We are using their Bid Pal platform. In the spring, we conducted a virtual auction. We used their software to create a bidding website. It will be used in the future for other fundraising efforts at the school.
  • One Cause creates a professional website for online bidding.
  • One Cause provides many spreadsheets to analyze success.
  • One Cause makes the work of fundraising painless by taking care of the technical aspects of the job.
  • The phone number for technical help needs to be displayed more prominently.
  • Not everyone is technologically savvy, so inputting photos may be difficult.
  • After the virtual auction was completed, I did not realize that I had to "push" some deposits through. I only had to do this for about 20% of the sales; however, I may have missed it if the business manager did not notice that there was money unaccounted for.
Before signing up with One Cause, I checked out some virtual auctions at other local venues. I was able to easily bid and win prizes. It could not have been easier. I wanted to ensure that our customers/bidders would have an easy experience. I was also impressed with the number of local institutions, which I regard highly, that were using One Cause.
Stephen Juliano | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization's Office of Resource Development uses OneCause's mobile bidding software to provide electronic ticketing, silent and live auction management, and tracking, reporting, and event payments for our slate of fundraising events. The mobile bidding platform has been used at galas, golf outings, and general fundraising events. We discovered this platform while researching the best ways to manage multiple aspects of an event (including registration, ticketing, and auction management) from a single platform.
  • Streamlines check-in process for event attendees, which involves collecting payment methods during the check-in process.
  • Provides a large number of reports on various aspects of the event, including payments, attendees, etc.
  • Manages all event details, including attendees, payments, table assignments, sponsorships, auction item donations, etc.
  • One OneCause interface is difficult to use, both on the back end and the front end. As a senior living provider, we have experienced some issues with residents attempting to register for events and the steps not being as clear as they should be. Registering for an event and purchasing tickets requires setting up an account, which is a multi-step process.
  • The reporting is diverse but almost too diverse. It is often difficult or impossible to get one report that contains all of the information that you need. Instead, you must rely on a number of different reports to get a truly complete picture.
  • While they claim to have an integration with Raiser's Edge, it is through third-party software which is available at an additional fee. Even after purchasing the third-party software, OneCause has changed the export functionality several times over the past few months, which requires a large amount of staff time to create new makings in the third-party platform.
  • Certain aspects of the software just take too many taps to handle. If an event attendee at a golf outing wants to purchase a mulligan, for example, you must first look up their record on the app, then add a Misc. charge to their account, give the charge a name and amount, hit save, hit save again, swipe their credit card, then manually tell the system to process the credit card to ensure it is approved. Some settings (like automatically charge cards upon collection) don't actually work, and their support team says that this is a "feature". These numerous steps add time to an event's check-in process.
OneCause's mobile bidding platform is well suited for a variety of fundraising events that take place in-person, but it is not without its quirks and oddities. The platform is extremely dated and can be overwhelming even to technical users. You can tell that all of OneCause's efforts have been focused on their virtual events platform which I have not used, as our organization only does in-person events and we did not hold any events during the times of COVID restrictions. The software, while effective, severely needs an overhaul in order to be competitive to today's modern donor.
August 02, 2021

ONE CAUSE ROCKS!

We used Text 2 Give VERY successfully in a virtual event. The customer service was the key to making the decision to use One Cause AND to making our event a HUGE monetary success!
  • Customer Support
  • Answering the Phone
  • Ease of Use
  • Was hard to add off-line donations to fundraising thermometer
  • Was not alerted that on-line auction had outstanding payments due
  • Was not totally clear how to choose time to close on-line auction
I have successfully used the Text 2 Give once for a virtual event and I have used the online auction twice for our very successful golf outing. Both were AMAZING and the customer support that was valuable to me made my experience even better.
Most of the usability was intuitive and what wasn't was easily answered by Customer Support.
A-ONE! EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Just so you know, I was forced to use Mobile Cause for another client and had the WORST Customer Service experiences EVER!!!!!!!!!! I have convinced that client to move to One Cause!!!!!!!)
Casey Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the OneCause mobile bidding software for the High Museum Atlanta Wine Auction. In addition to being used by our supporters to bid on auction items, the OneCause software allows us to easily manage auction items and packages, manage our attendee's profiles, process payments, and refunds, communicate with bidders, and more. We love the easy customization features and the reporting capabilities.
  • Reporting- there are a lot of ready-made reports to help make the most of your event information and data
  • Mass Imports- if you manage your ticket sales and/or donations elsewhere you can easily and quickly import that data into OneCause
  • Messaging Capabilities - the ability to push notifications and messages out to our supporters have been very helpful, particularly in recent years with the pivot to online and virtual events
  • I would love to see a text editor incorporated into the package management area of the software. So text formatting like font size, bold, or italics could be easily added without coding
  • It would be helpful if there was the ability to add hyperlinks in the donor section of a lot rather than just the lot description
  • I would prefer that all photos I need to add to an auction lot be uploadable rather than having to provide a URL for the photos
OneCause is well suited to a variety of fundraising situations and events. They have solutions for just about every size and type of event including on-site event staff and equipment. If your event has a complicated ticketing structure you may need to use a different platform for tickets (as we do) but you'll still find OneCause to be top-notch for auction and event management.
OneCause is very user-friendly, from design to getting supporters registered. I was able to implement the software and have other team members using it very quickly with limited training.
OneCause's support is top-notch. They provide articles, video tutorials, webinars, all with a searchable database to help you find relevant support. They even provide a link to support information for each page of the software if you get stuck. And, if you have trouble that the support links can't solve, the customer support team is incredibly helpful and quick to resolve issues.
OneCause's BidPal was used at both of our major fundraising events. While our people will not bid online, we were able to create our auction catalogue, offer early buy-now options, advertise the auction items, preregister attendees, and use the system during the event to manage the processing of the silent auction, live auction and fund-a-need. Despite not being able to use the software to its full capacity, we received excellent support and customer service. We were pleased with the product and its price and will continue to use it.
  • Strong customer service, including on-site support at events
  • Relative ease of use in uploading information
  • Trustworthy reputation in a field where there are lots of options
  • Preregistration of guests should not be a two-step process
  • Creation of bid sheets should have greater flexibility
  • More options to design the home page to brand it to your own organization
We use OneCause BidPal exclusively for special events, although we are interested in expoloring its other capabilities.
Kelsey Singleton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cancer Support Community Central Indiana uses OneCause for mobile bidding during our annual comedy gala, for registration for our golf outing, online auctions associated with other fundraisers, and additionally for other fundraising needs that come up throughout the year. In 2020, CSCCI also used the virtual event center to live-stream an event. OneCause is primary set up and run from the back end by the development team; however, the entire staff uses OneCause while hosting events. OneCause creates a seamless guest experience for our annual gala from checkin to auction to checkout! Additionally, CSCCI has found unique ways to incorporate the ease of OneCause into other events due to the ease of setting up event pages.
  • Customer service is great
  • Ease of creating event pages
  • Ability to customize the event pages
  • Customization when it comes to selling sponsorships
  • Always room to allow more customization
OneCause is a great addition to our annual comedy gala, where we use the site to check in guests, assign guests to their tables, hold both the silent and live auction information, communicating with donors throughout the event, and an easy auction check out at the end of the night!
Seth Weiner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use OneCause to host several of our fundraising charity auctions. With these auctions, we need a software that is easy to use, mobile friendly, professional looking, sell tickets, raffles, etc., and easy to edit. OneCause is a leader in this area. It's all about the data--we need something that has robust reporting and OneCause is fantastic in this department.
  • Great silent auction
  • Easy to set up and manage
  • On-point support
  • Secure credit card processing integration
  • Could do better with their social media integration
  • Adding video to the auction items
  • Adding links in auction item descriptions
  • Hybrid functionality
Great for online auctions, donations, and fixed-price item sales! Their reporting is on point. For example, when we want to know what items sold the best and/or had the most bids, we are able to easily see this per item. This is very important, as we want to know what gained the most interest and traction so we can be sure we have these items in our next auction.
Super easy to use, and if you have issues, their support pages have all the answers!
Always quick to reply. Also their support pages on the web have great photos and videos to guide you through finding answers.
Marc Alexander | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use OneCause to manage our annual dinner and auction, which, as a small non-profit, is our largest fundraiser of the year. Bidpal through OneCause allowed us to shift our entire auction online and to a virtual format during COVID, and we're excited to try out the in-person module as well at next spring's event.
  • Allows users to bid on items anywhere in the world through their smartphone or computer
  • Integrates attendee data seamlessly with other fundraising software such as Raiser's Edge
  • Allows organization to custom build their auction website through their module
  • Easily collects donations and transfers them to your organization's financial accounts
  • When building a custom page, adding images and video is a tedious and cumbersome process
OneCause is well suited for in-person or online fundraising events and is the perfect platform for any auction. As an organization, we have not yet explored their other options, but their Bidpal software allowed us to shift our annual auction online, increasing revenue and saving both staff and constituent time.
Johnny's Ambassadors uses OneCause very successfully to manage all of our fundraising activity for our nonprofit. It's easy to use, and I can spin up a donation page very quickly. I like the templates and flexibility to customize for our campaign. Their support is excellent and I can always reach my rep with questions. Highly recommended!
  • Flexibility
  • Customer service
  • Ease of use
  • Some templates are limiting.
  • Would like the ability to put links in places I can't.
Johnny's Ambassadors has been very successful in raising money on OneCause. If you're a non-profit and looking for a great fundraising platform to create instant donation pages and more complicated peer-to-peer campaigns, I highly recommend OneCause.
Two of our committees use OneCause for fundraising auctions -- we've used it for 13 auctions to date, including a few virtual actions during COVID. The auction software we used prior to OneCause did not offer mobile bidding, which is an expectation for auction fundraisers in our area and has been well-received by our auction attendees.
  • Customer service is outstanding.
  • The software is easy to use by those setting up the auction.
  • The software the bidders see on their devices is user friendly.
  • [Redacted] sent an email on 10.21.2020 both the Mobile Bidding solution and the Virtual Event Center for a special price. I responded that I was interested but was never contacted.
  • When we resigned our contract for our 4th year of service, I got an introductory message like we were new customers. I sent an email to [redacted] to make sure everything is in order and never heard back
  • I wish the credit card swipers had connection options and worked with non-Apple products -- usb-c, lightning, usb, etc.
OneCause is well suited for fundraising auctions that use mobile bidding, for taking one-time donations, and for recognizing donors and sponsors. It's been appropriate for all our auctions. We've used text2give once and it worked well but we don't have a lot of experience in that area.
OneCause is used by our Development department to host our fundraising events including Galas, auctions, and raffles. It helps us engage supporters digitally and host ticketing sales and donations for in-person events.
  • Host digital auctions for fundraising.
  • Engage users with text-to-give and other donation options.
  • Manage event registration including table assignments, supporter names, and other data.
  • Compile fundraising results into built-in reports for easy post-event evaluation and analysis.
  • Custom pages could be improved by adding options for elements to drop in like buttons, videos/animated images, etc. The WYSWYG editor is relatively easy to use once you have some practice, but an interface with templates to use and work from would be even easier.
  • Listing fixed price items among auction items can be confusing for guests. Fixed price items should have more customization options, so this feature could be more easily used to sell raffle tickets, Heads or Tails chances, or other fixed-price event items.
OneCause is a great tool for nonprofits hosting online auctions, events, and other fundraising efforts. OneCause staff are also extremely helpful onsite at events and will provide technical equipment, help manage live auctions, registration, silent auctions, etc for your team. I highly recommend nonprofits seeking a way to engage supporters digitally and through text-to-give, online auctions, and other cutting-edge fundraising techniques.
We use OneCause for all of our online auctions. It makes it possible for us to still hold an auction, even if we are not able to have an on-site event. It was very useful this past year during the pandemic and we loved the software so much that we will continue with it for 2022.
  • Easy- easy for donors to look through items and bid
  • Reliable- can depend on it to have correct bids, end when auction closed, etc.
  • Photos- It is difficult to add more than one photo to auction items
  • Shipping- have to make it a misc charge to charge for shipping
OneCause is perfect for any event planner who would like to have a larger reach for events. This makes it possible to have donors bid on items who are at your event and those who are not! I would say it is less appropriate if your donor base is not tech-savvy and likes the traditional bid sheets in person. I will definitely recommend OneCause to most colleagues planning an auction.
At our organization, we use OneCause to manage event registration and day-of donations. We are able to easily train our cross-department staff who volunteer at the event for registration and pledge management. It is simple to set up on iPads, and our donors feel more comfortable giving their credit card information into a system instead of writing it all down on paper donation envelopes.
  • Event registration management
  • Donations tied to event participants
  • Simple tech management--swipers and app
  • Connectivity/offline availability
OneCause is great for fundraising event management. It's best suited for when you want a technical solution without a huge technical lift. If you are in a situation in which you do not have staff who are comfortable with on-the-go data management capabilities, this may offer more than you actually need.
We use OneCause to manage an online auction and guest registration for our biggest fundraiser of the year. The fundraising department and main office utilize the software. It helps us with our organization and user experience during the event, which about 150-200 guests attend. The software helps guests find their tables, make donations, place online bids, and check out at the end of the evening.
  • Customer service
  • Software ease of use
  • Guest experience
  • Education
  • Monthly giving option
  • Ability to allow ticket sales and sponsorships to be added to total raised
  • Paid voting feature
  • More dynamic thermometers
OneCause is great for fundraising events that feature auctions and donor appeals. With a few software modifications, such as allowing for monthly giving options, I think the product would be perfect. It is not suited to be used as a donor management/communications tool.
September 21, 2021

A review of OneCause

[We use OneCause in] my department, the Office of Philanthropy. We use it for mobile bidding, donations and ticket sales for events.
  • Great help desk
  • Sponsor logo train
  • Packages
  • Reports
  • Hard to find things in help section
  • I wish some pages were more customaizable
  • Shopping cart for check out so we could suggest buying a raffle ticket at same time
  • I want an easy way to add pictures, it is a pain to first upload them to Google and then link to that
  • I want a template for doing a sponsor page. The logo train is not enough.
Good for capturing supporter info.
Reasons stated previously.
People at help line are excellent. [The] Help Center is not user friendly.
The organization has recently acquired [the] OneCause platform and we thoroughly enjoy this product. We believe that it will definitely be an asset for our upcoming events. It is very user-friendly, designed for nonprofit events by nonprofit professionals, and has many features that help keep the staff organized. The fact that they put on a fundraising conference every year just shows their commitment to the nonprofit cause and provides great feedback from the professionals who may use their product.
  • Online auctions
  • Text to give
  • Peer to peer fundraising
  • [N/a]
OneCause is great for online auctions and peer to peer fundraising.
It is an intuitive software.
[I] have not engaged with support.
OneCause is being used by the Fund Development Department. It is used for Silent Auctions at this time only.
  • Ease of silent auction set-up
  • Check out is easy
  • Ability to monitor bids
  • Updated look on the auction site-more options
  • Not having to enter certain info, like transaction id etc, each time. They are always the same.
  • Items and Package on one screen
OneCause is wonderful for online silent auctions and can be adapted to a hybrid if you are doing an in-person silent auction also.
It is not good for raffles.
David S. Levine, CFRE | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneCause was used just by the development department for our recent gala and auction. It was also used by our event planner and appropriate vendors. For us OneCause handled pre-event registration, auction setup (silent and live), ticketing and table assignment, and payment processing for credit card gifts/purchases with the ability to manually add non-credit transactions.
  • Registration was easy
  • Credit payments were easy
  • Add decimal points for gifts...couldn't believe it couldn't handle that and it matters for monetary reconciliations
  • If a payment was a credit card, we were unable to change the transaction type (ex. from ticket to donation) without refunding and recharging, which was uncomfortable for our donors.
I think the BidPal part we were using was badly outdated, so my hope is that the rest of the OneCause platform is more updated. If so then it's a great fundraising platform with most if not all of the functionality you need. OneCause is great for events and campaigns, and I urge nonprofits to make sure they're using Stripe for processing behind OneCause with the NPO discount.
The on-site support was fantastic on the night of our event. They knew what they were doing and took direction professionally. Pre-event, we felt that the account manager was not listening to our concerns and was more of a sales staffer than a support staffer. Having us connected directly to support would bump this to a 9.

OneCause Scorecard Summary

What is OneCause?

OneCause aims to help cause-driven organizations power their mission with easy-to-use event and online fundraising solutions. With software for auctions and events, peer-to-peer fundraising, online giving, and Text2Give, OneCause puts nonprofits at the center of their mission. Boasting more than 38,000 fundraisers and $3 billion raised for good, OneCause states they will help customers raise more and reach more.

OneCause Features

• Supported: Gift Matching Management
  • Supported: Inventory Management
  • Supported: Payment Processing
  • Supported: Online Giving
  • Supported: Peer-to-Peer Fundraising (Runs, Walks, Rides)

OneCause Screenshots

Create a customizable event and online auction websites for each fundraising campaign allowing you to manage: - Run an Online Auction - Sell Tickets / Sponsorships - Collect Donations - Share Event DetailsTake your auction and fundraising mobile with our intuitive mobile bidding platform eliminating the need for paper bid sheets and engaging your donors.Highlight your fundraising and engage your crowd by projecting a OneCause Scoreboard at your event.Empower supporters to help you reach more people and raise more money with effective peer recruitment and fundraising tools. Launch creative peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns, donate occasion campaigns, challenges of any kind, memorial and tribute programs, and year-round “DIY” fundraising programs.

OneCause Integrations