What is OneCause?

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of OneCause, and make your voice heard!

What is OneCause?

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.onecause.com/solutions/plans…

10 people want pricing too

What is DonorPerfect?

DonorPerfect is a solution in fundraising that helps nonprofits grow. It helps teams manage donations, contacts, receipting, reporting, email, and fundraising initiatives from a single system. Features for organizations of all size include automatic monthly giving, integrated online donation forms,…

What is Little Green Light?

Little Green Light offers headquartered in New Hampshire offers a donor management platform providing constituent profiles with membership management features in a SaaS application, as well as featuring communication, collaboration and organizational task automation.

What is OneCause?

OneCause supports giving with a fundraising platform designed to take make fundraising flexible and frictionless for nonprofits. The fundraising software supports in-person events to virtual and hybrid fundraisers, connecting supporters to a cause and enabling users to raise anytime, on any device.

Boasting more than 40,000 fundraisers and $4 billion raised for good, OneCause states they will help customers raise more and reach more.

OneCause Features

• Supported: Gift Matching Management
  • Supported: Inventory Management
  • Supported: Payment Processing
  • Supported: Online Giving
  • Supported: Peer-to-Peer Fundraising (Runs, Walks, Rides)

OneCause Screenshots

Screenshot of Users can launch creative peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns, donate occasion campaigns, challenges of any kind, memorial and tribute programs, and year-round “DIY” fundraising programs.Screenshot of Customizable event and online auction websites for each fundraising campaign can be used to manage:

- Run an Online Auction
- Sell Tickets / Sponsorships
- Collect Donations
- Share Event DetailsScreenshot of Highlight fundraising and engage audiences (both virtual and in-person) by projecting a Scoreboard at an event.Screenshot of The OneCause Fundraising Platform eliminates the need for paper bid sheets to engage donors.

OneCause Video

OneCause Integrations

OneCause Competitors

OneCause Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Supported CountriesUnited States, Canada
Supported LanguagesEnglish

OneCause, headquartered in Indianapolis, offers their fundraising solutions supporting mobile bidding for auctions or peer-to-peer giving, Text2Give, and support for ticket sales for fundraising events. OneCause pricing plans support various service levels, including feature breadth for large giving organizations or smaller entities.

GiveSmart and Classy are common alternatives for OneCause.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.5.

The most common users of OneCause are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

we use it for our annual fundraising event - it helps track attendee info and collection of their fundraising commitments. It helps with our main fundraising event from soup to nuts, and event the thank you note afterward.
  • credit card collection
  • table assignments
  • changeable interface
  • allow for partial refunds
  • release tickets that are not used by a sponsor
  • offer canned reports to be downloaded in excel format
our events with financial commitments made at them. free events i would not use this service for, requiring the attendee to make an account is cumbersome
it takes time to get used to and has areas of limited functionality. It works well in some areas and not well in other areas, thus why i gave it a 6, as it works well enough for what we primarily use it for and that is processing gifts, tables, and night of fundraising
great online support and in-person event staff, they are stars in providing assistance day of the event, they even train your volunteers.
AF has started to use OC to track the management of our events, including revenue and income, purchase event tickets, donors, and donations of all kinds. Overall event management.
  • Look of the site.
  • % breakout data given back to client.
  • Managers of OC are very knowledgeable and personable.
  • Accept Sponsorship on site.
  • Ability to edit placement of data on site. i.e. logos placement , honorees photos.
  • Less features overall.
Finding the time needed to train on OC and all of its features - is difficult for me to do. I liked OC overall. However, it seems, at times, overly complicated. I think making it a bit more simplified would be helpful to users that just don't have hours for training. The staff was excellent and knowledgeable. For me, the platform seems a bit complex. It would be great to simplify somehow due to time constraints for your end users, like myself.
OC platform is good in its overall usability - again, perhaps too much information is required.
Never contacted.
OneCause has helped us to streamline our events. When I started at my organization, silent auctions were still being done with pen and paper and RSVPs were being sent in by mail. This software has helped us save so much time and made information easily accessible to all members of our team.
  • Easy event set up
  • Great customer service
  • Time saving
  • Navigation isn't completely intuitive
I think it is great for smaller organizations like mine. I think that adding examples of different types of events could be a positive change, almost like a template. Removing or adding certain aspects that wouldn't be used for certain kinds of events. Adding items to the silent auction feature is a little clunky but the software is still worth it and way easier than how we had previously been doing things.
As I mentioned earlier, adding items to the silent auction could be simplified and finding what I'm looking for in the program isn't always intuitive.
The people that I've dealt with have all been very friendly and helpful. No complaints, but there is always room for improvement.
Melissa Benjamin, MPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use OneCause for our annual benefit. It’s a one-stop shop for selling tickets, sponsorships, donations, as well as hosting our online silent auction. It’s been a great help because it can easily collect payment information, allows us to text message donors, and easily allow auction item donors to upload initial item info to the site. It also has several preset reports to help with pulling data when needed.
  • Online auction donation and listing for bidding
  • Ticket and table sales
  • Custom page creation
  • It doesn’t allow you to customize the design of your link. When you post your link on Facebook, it’s branded for OneCause not for your event.
  • It doesn’t directly talk to our database The Raisers Edge
  • It doesn’t allow international donors to sign up
Well suited for a gala or benefit whether virtual or in person. You can do seating in the app or just regular check in. Online auctions also work well on this platform. Item donors can submit the info for their item easily, and uploading pictures and descriptions is pretty straightforward.
It’s pretty easy to use on the back end to build your site year to year. On the donor side, it’s easy to navigate and do come back to for bidding and donating. The built in reports also help a great deal to pull data when you need to pull specific information.
Customer service has been a great help every year with our event to navigate any issues we may have or any credit card processing we need help with. They get back to you in a timely fashion if you email or direct you to a blog to help you further.
We utilize OneCause for our Benefit Auction and have also used it for our online fundraising events. It's a great program that allows us to assign tables and sell tickets and tables, items, and packages. Very extensive with substantial reports. Their customer service is awesome!
  • Reports
  • Receipts
  • Tracking
  • Donations
  • When inputting a supporter, it takes a while for the screen to capture data. Sometimes it is very slow.
It serves our purpose, so I have no complaints. We have been using them for about 8 years.
We have used other programs like Donor Pro, and we have found OneCause is a better fit for us.
Excellent customer support, especially on the days of our events. They are available on the phone as well as having their staff here on the night of our big events.
We use OneCause to manage an online auction and guest registration for our biggest fundraiser of the year. The fundraising department and main office utilize the software. It helps us with our organization and user experience during the event, which about 150-200 guests attend. The software helps guests find their tables, make donations, place online bids, and check out at the end of the evening.
  • Customer service
  • Software ease of use
  • Guest experience
  • Education
  • Monthly giving option
  • Ability to allow ticket sales and sponsorships to be added to total raised
  • Paid voting feature
  • More dynamic thermometers
OneCause is great for fundraising events that feature auctions and donor appeals. With a few software modifications, such as allowing for monthly giving options, I think the product would be perfect. It is not suited to be used as a donor management/communications tool.
September 05, 2022

Go big or go home!

We use OneCause for event registration as well as the online auction feature. This allows us to reach a much larger audience when it comes to the auction.
  • Allows us to have online event registration
  • The auction allow us to reach a larger audience then just the people at the event
  • I like that we can feature items and have fixed price items
  • Posting more than one auction picture is a hassle - make it easier to add more pictures
  • Allow the guest to click on a picture to make it bigger
OneCause makes my life easier. I find it easy to set up events and auctions. Once you get the hang of it, it is easy to use. I like that you can preview an event before it goes live. Also, customer service is very responsive when I have questions. I never feel like I can't ask a question, even if I feel like I should know the answer already.
I have been using the OneCause software for well over a year now and find it easy to use. It also looks very professional to our guests.
Customer support has been very supportive and quick to respond to any of my questions. Shout out to Ashley B., who has been a rock star in helping me get started and answering my questions along the way.
We have used OneCause for a couple of our events, we love the Text to Donate feature. The online auction and ticketing software is very easy to use. We had our volunteers up and running in a matter of minutes after a quick training. The OneCause phone support is out of this world. I have had to call on several occasions to ask questions and every person has been very friendly and knowledgable. It is amazing to speak directly to someone who can quickly address an issue you are having. Our paid night of event support knew that we had a major storm rolling just as our golf carts were rolling out to their first holes which then thru our entire outdoor event off. She quickly took over on the backside sending emails/texts that we were starting late due to the weather, while I helped the team of volunteers move everything we had just gotten set up outside and moved it inside. It could have been a disaster, but she knew I was busy tackling other issues so she went into our event to help. It was great to not have to worry about everything.
  • Support Staff
  • Ease of Set-Up/Creation
  • App for self check in
  • Reports - I almost think there are too many!
  • An Event Delete Option - We created an event that we didn't have and I can't seem to remove it
  • Ability to upload more photos verus saving them to a google drive and using the link
  • Can't think of anything right now, but I am sure there are a couple of other things on my wish list
I really have nothing bad to say about OneCause they have been great to work with for the past 2 years, obviously being a non-profit, we always think everything costs too much, so many if it was less expensive, but the support staff is worth every penny. Keep up the amazing work and wonderful platform.
I honestly think it is very user-friendly, but would love the ability to post more photos directly versus link.
The support is unprecedented. I have never seen such knowledgeable support staff, no matter what question I asked, they knew the answer. The one time they didn't they reached out to other support staff and called me back about 15 minutes later with the solution. I am not the most tech-savvy of the bunch, so I have used them frequently more out of fear I might break the system, but rest assured, I haven't and you will not either.
OneCause is the solution for all of our elementary school's fundraising needs. The product allows us to manage ticket sales for our gala and golf tournament, have an online auction or mobile bidding at our in-person auction, and run our annual giving campaign throughout the school year. OneCause answers all of our needs regarding donations and support from our school community.
  • Customer service during planning phases- reps always get back to me to help answer my questions.
  • Event managers are always great to work with at our Gala. We really need someone to make sure the whole program runs well, and OneCause never disappoints.
  • Variety of events that we can use this for is awesome! No need for paypal, venmo, etc.
  • Mobile bidding has been a game changer for us. People can participate in our auction even if they cannot attend the event!
  • Platform is relatively easy to use- intuitive even for those who are not techy!
  • We struggled for years with how to add sponsorships that come with tickets to our gala without having to add them manually. It is not the biggest problem- we have worked around it, but it would be nice if the tickets were automatically assigned when sponsorship was purchased.
OneCause has worked well for our gala, golf tournament, memorial donations, annual appeal donations, general donations, and ticket sales for events. We have been in since the early days and have not considered another product.
Easy to use. Customer support always resolves our questions quickly. Very responsive!
Very responsive!
We use the OneCause platform to run our online auction. This platform allows us to conduct our auction with online biddings and allows us to reach a wide array of bidders from across the nation.
  • Great customer service
  • Auction format easy to understand
  • Auction format is easy for patrons to use
  • Lower the price of auction package
  • Lower the credit card fees
  • Provide several different banking options
Have recommended it to many colleagues about the software and how easy it is to use. Several colleagues have mentioned they went with OneCause over other auction platforms because they felt the end looked professional and easy to use as a bidder.
Extremely easy to understand and use. If I ever were to have a problem, the OneCause staff were ready to have to troubleshoot and answer any questions I may have had.
Customer service representatives are always available and knowledgeable about the product. I would call several times during the week of our auction looking for assistance which they were able to take care of every time. One representative went so far as to download some pictures to help as my computer was freezing up when trying to download the pictures on my end. Every representative was kind, patient, and attentive.
Kelcy Buchanan | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneCause helps us organize events and fundraise. We have used it for our gala that had a silent auction and then has continued to use it as an event manager for other, smaller virtual events. It's been extremely helpful to keep track of tickets, profits, and other details that comes with events.
  • Customer service
  • Training
  • Platform
  • Better account manager
  • More consistent user faces
For any fundraising event - we’ve used it 4-5 times in the past 6 months. We initially went to OneCause for help with our silent auction. It really helped streamline the process and we believe we raised a lot more money than we would have if it had been a traditional auction with paper that people had to keep going to. The fact that they had an automatic bidder where people could put in their max bid and let the software bid for them if someone outbid them was a game-changer.
It is very user-friendly. Easy to learn and there are so many tutorial videos. You can also chat with agents and they will send you resources (videos and articles) to help solve your problem if they can't do it themselves. There were a lot of live Zoom training events and a lot of helpful links along the setup process.
I had an amazing experience with customer service. Any time I called or chatted, the agent was quick to answer, extremely helpful, and kind. I never felt like I had asked a dumb question or they were frustrated that I was calling. They continually went above and beyond to answer my questions.
July 09, 2022

ONEderful

Brett Parr | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use OneCause as our event management software. This includes event sponsorship management, ticket sales, silent and live auction, a giving platform, and more. This software allows for many different functions of an event (pre-event, live event, post-event) to be integrated into one easy-to-use platform. It allows our organization to stay organized, keep clean records, and plan our events with ease. We use OneCause for our three events each year.
  • Table organization and supporter management
  • Easily send emails and text messages to supporters
  • Organize payments and receipts with ease
  • Allow for more visibility for donor names and amounts on the custom scoreboard
  • Add a feature for different event types for table management
  • Add more character limits for text messages
OneCause is well-suited for live/silent auctions, galas, and golf outings. These large-scale events are a massive undertaking and using software like OneCause keeps everything moving forward, organized, and easy to use. For smaller events, OneCause may be a bit too much but overall, it works great for large-scale events.
OneCause is very user-friendly and easy to use. An event checklist feature is a great tool that helps to keep event management on track while ensuring things are done in a timely manner. This feature also makes sure you don't forget anything in the process!
OneCause has wonderful support. The response time is fast and if they can't assist you, they will put you in touch with someone who can. There is also lots of information in the software to help users at any time.
We used OneCause for a large fundraiser with 25 tables and 250 people. It helped us tremendously with seating people, ticket sales, and raffles. Very user-friendly, and anytime we had a question there is someone on the other end to talk to or a video to watch. We taught all of our volunteers the morning of!
  • Ticket sales
  • Table seating
  • Online bidding
  • The front page of the website is tough to upload of google docs
  • Clunky when navigating between screens.
In order to have a well-run, professional event, you have to use OneCause!
There is some clunky-ness navigating between screens and using the back button.
It was a great resource, excited to use it again.
June 10, 2022

User friendly!

We use OneCause for special events and fundraising. My department, in particular, uses OneCause for our annual fundraiser gala, which includes a donation appeal, live auction, and wine pull. Aside from fundraising, we also use OneCause at our annual gala for registration and table organization. We do not use OneCause for table or ticket sales as our institution has the capability for this already.
  • User friendly for donors
  • Easy to organize tables
  • Straight forward set up
  • Professional staff
  • Live auction could be improved.
  • The reports page is difficult to navigate.
  • Difficult to move between reports.
OneCause has worked great for our organization in managing special events and fundraisers. It is a great tool to organize event logistics and a great way to organize the auction components. OneCause has helped us simply plan for our fundraising gala. Aside from this, my department has not utilized OneCause in any other way.
OneCause is very user-friendly both for setup and for our donors. Before using OneCause, we would organize all the logistics and the auction without the help of auction software. OneCause has greatly simplified the process. It is easy to set up and offers a lot of resources for first-time users.
The OneCause staff is knowledgeable and willing to assist. When we have had questions, they are quick to respond and provide assistance. Our assigned event manager each year has been very good about checking in with us to make sure planning is running smoothly. Additionally, the onsite team has always been friendly and helpful. They stay with us throughout the event to address any issues that may arise.
Daniel's Music Foundation has used OneCause to run two Spring Galas for our organization. They have assisted in managing both ticket sales for the event, as well as the facilitation of individual donations from our supporters. Unlike many auction sites used by non-profits, OneCause provided the additional service of live-event support and provided both front-of-house software, as well as staff to help us out on the day of the event.
  • Fantastic online and phone customer service--I was consistently able to receive assistance from an actual human within minutes, without needing to wade through a series of automated menus.
  • Dedicated support on the day of our event. The OneCause staff members who joined us during the gala were enthusiastic and dedicated, and significantly reduced my team's stress.
  • Front-of-house software for guest registration was very user-friendly, and even people who had never used it before we're able to pick it up within minutes.
  • As an organization that serves people with disabilities, there was an unfortunate lack of options for accessibility accommodation, and our members with vision impairments were unable to purchase tickets due to absent text-to-speech options in certain areas.
  • Being able to take away or add the social media buttons in their "greeting center" would've been nice. For example, we wanted to take away Pinterest, and add Youtube. Not a big deal, but it could be a nice quality of life improvement.
  • Although I generally have only positive things to say about the in-person support OneCause provided, we did have a specific approach to engaging the guests that we wanted to be implemented at the registration desk, which one of their staff needed to be reminded a couple of times to implement.
Based on my experience, OneCause would be a fine platform for any company wishing to run a silent auction, sell raffle items, or solicit donations. Unfortunately, we did not use them for the first two items mentioned here, so I can only speak to the personal assistance provided both before, and during our event, which was beyond reproach. Their staff are enthusiastic and committed to maintaining as smooth an experience for everyone as possible. As mentioned, I was disappointed by their lack of accessibility options for people with disabilities, and unfortunately could not recommend them to any organization for whom this is a concern. That said, I would gladly use select OneCause features again, such as their front-of-house registration support, and the various reports the platform allowed me to generate post-event.
While their website-building tools required several workarounds, including some features which ultimately had to be ditched entirely, I was more than satisfied with their front-of-house "SmartPay" platform on the day of our event, which allowed me, as well as several people who had never seen the software before easily register our guests, with only minimal hiccups along the way. Following their event, I was more than satisfied with the volume of reports I was able to generate, which allowed us to piece together a clear picture of the event's success.
As I have mentioned several times throughout this review, the human element of OneCause is what made the experience stand out in my mind. As there are hundreds of online bidding platforms which probably are more or less OneCause's equal in digital features offered, it was the quick and friendly support I regularly solicited that made this platform stand out for me. They did not waste time shuffling me between bots--I was typically able to speak to a human in under a minute, which was a refreshing thing in this day and age. And again, the three staff they provided on the day of our event were friendly, smart, and dedicated to making our event run as smoothly as possible.
June 08, 2022

Love OneCause

We use OneCause to capture online donations using peer-to-peer online fundraising, to manage our gala and mobile bidding using Mobile Bidding, and to text donors on Giving Tuesday using text to give. We predominately use the online donation site and mobile bidding. We do not use full peer-to-peer software. We find both sites extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate. We have been loyal customers for five years and will renew our contract again.
  • Organize event attendees and mobile bidding into an easy to manage system
  • Offer user-friend online giving portal for gifts made outside of events
  • Very useful reporting options
  • Their customer service is top notch
  • I wish the systems were all integrated into 1 system. We have logins for each of the 3 different systems we use.
We use OneCause for our gala. It has been extremely helpful to have a system that can track auction items, attendance, and donations in 1 place. Our guests really like the mobile bidding platform and ease of bidding on the live auctions. Our staff likes how easy it is to sell raffle tickets or other items to our guests by just entering their bid numbers. It has made event management much easier. A downfall of the mobile platform is the fact that people have to create a password to use the site if they visit our link directly, without being texted a check-in link to their phone. For example, if someone is purchasing tickets or making a donation in advance, they have to create a password on the site. This can be a deterrent for some who just quickly want to make a donation. This caused us to purchase the online giving platform as well, but it's an additional cost. As mentioned previously, we would really prefer if the online donations, mobile bidding, and texting were all on the same platform. It would be so much easier to manage.
The customer service and help center is extremely helpful. I cannot give enough accolades about how easy it is to get advice or help on any aspect of their products. The systems themselves are very user friendly and easy to navigate. They also provided us with extensive training and guidance when we were first time users.
As stated previously, the support is top-notch. Quick responses, knowledgeable support staff and also a lot of videos and articles available for self-help. Best thing is that you do not have to talk to a chatbot. You can talk to real people via chat, phone or email.
VIPS is a non-profit organization that uses OneCause for events and fundraising purposes.
  • Silent auctions.
  • Inputs/Exports data.
  • Payments
  • Tickets - we didn't use this feature, seemed confusing, but will be using in future.
  • Raffle - we had complaints that the page was not laid out very well. Our raffle should've had its own tab. I'm sure if we looked into it, we could've created one.
  • Image links are difficult to obtain, and that's the only way to upload images to the page.
OneCause was new to my organization. We had trouble understanding at first, it was difficult figuring out a point of contact (there really isn't one - tech. support). The representative we finally got in touch with, made understanding OneCause MUCH easier for my entire team. We applied to receive a 'day-of' event manager - last minute, it didn't create a problem, OneCause quickly assigned us one. The event manager we were assigned didn't communicate with us, even when attending a call with the representative. The day of our event, the event manager that showed up was not the same person we were put in touch with. However, NO COMPLAINTS! The event manager was so helpful and knowledgeable. Even with quickly changing our Silent Auction close time, with literally a minute to spare. The power went out at our venue, and the iPads she brought had cellular access, so we were able to still operate smoothly. Without the event manager, registration and checkout wouldn't have been as quick. 100% recommend using "a day of" event manager. Even post-event, instead of tech. support, we are able to text/call the same event manager, with ANY questions. Rather than being on hold.
The system is confusing at first. Having to use image links is a pain. However, once you get familiar with the software, it's easy and simple. Just get in touch with a representative, schedule a call, and ask questions, and it will be a game-changer.
OneCause was new to my organization. We had trouble understanding at first, it was difficult figuring out a point of contact (there really isn't one - tech. support). The representative we finally got in touch with, made understanding OneCause MUCH easier for my entire team. We applied to receive a 'day-of' event manager - last minute, it didn't create a problem, OneCause quickly assigned us one. The event manager we were assigned didn't communicate with us, even when attending a call with the representative. On the day of our event, the event manager that showed, up was not the same person we were put in touch with. However, NO COMPLAINTS! The event manager was so helpful and knowledgeable. Even with quickly changing our Silent Auction close time, with literally a minute to spare. The power went out at our venue, and the iPads she brought had cellular access, so we were able to still operate smoothly. Without the event manager, registration and checkout wouldn't have been as quick. 100% recommend using a 'day off' event manager. Even post-event, instead of tech. support, we are able to text/call the same event manager, with ANY questions. Rather than being on hold.
Joan Staal | TrustRadius Reviewer
We initially purchased OneCause to run our Auction. We had an older program that just didn't offer what we needed. OneCause was crucial to us during COVID when we needed to offer our auction online. In the past, we just didn't have the resources on the old program to accomplish our needs. We loved the program from the start and have been using it regularly.
  • Provides a great resource for online sales
  • Allows donor to pay online right away
  • Allows registration for events
  • Easier way to upload photos
  • Little more room for description
  • Easier description on difference between packages and items
With COVID the past 2 years, we had to be able to find a way to hold the auction and still raise money for the school. We had intended to just use it for the auction but began using it for our golf outings too and it worked great for registration and sponsorships. We ended up making more money on our online auction than we ever did in person. We were blown away by that. People seemed to love bidding online in the comfort of their homes.
We were trained on the program by a consultant and from that point on we have had no issues and have been using it without help since then.
I have never had a time when I couldn't get help within an hour's time. If I have an emergency, they are always there for us. Very impressed with their service. I can chat/email/call and they always respond soon.
We use OneCause for event registration and guest tracking along with the online/in-person auction platform, donation and appeal tracking, payment processing/reconciliation, and the text to give feature.
  • Online auctions
  • Guest Registration
  • High end auction tracking
  • Payment processing
  • Manual features for table management
Years of positive experience in using the entire online auctions and event platform for in-person and virtual events. Guest registration is seamless and integrates well with the donor management system. Online auction components are easy and intuitive to manage. Payment processing and reconciliation are user-friendly and easy to manage.
While there are some features that could be improved upon, overall the platform is extremely user-friendly and intuitive to manage. The help website is very easy to use and very helpful, and the support team is quick and always accessible to support issues.
Quick, friendly, supportive!
We first purchased OneCause to be utilized for an in-person event scheduled for April 2020. Unfortunately, that event needed to be canceled, however, we were able to easily pivot to an online event using the OneCause platform. We ended up hosting three online events in 2020 utilizing OneCause and a Giving Tuesday fundraising campaign. In 2021, we planned a completely online fundraiser using OneCause. The platform was critical to the success of the events and allowed us to raise critical funds and reach our supporters during the pandemic. In April 2022, we were able to utilize OneCause for the first in-person event. The event was a huge success, as we were able to capture bidding from individuals at the event as well as online. We had our most successful Gala fundraiser and are very happy with the services and support that OneCause offers.
  • Easy to use platform
  • Quality customer service
  • Clear instructions for running a successful event using their platform
  • An easier way to print individual receipts during an active event.
OneCause is an exception for Gala fundraising events, online auctions, and online fundraising campaigns.
OneCause has a very user-friendly platform.
Their support staff is responsive and very helpful.
Our organization uses OneCause to support annual gala fundraisers for auction mobile-bidding support.
  • Step by step guidance to setting up your event from website to auction uploads
  • Provides on site support
  • Excellent customer care
  • Easy to use on the back end
  • Easy for donor/supporter use
  • Better training for on-site reps. I've personally worked several events with different reps nationally, most were great, but there were a few who REALLY missed the mark. They all got the job done, but a few were not easy to work with and lacked professionalism.
In my experience, OneCause works well for non-profit fundraising events, like large-scale galas. With website and auction item hosting, ease of mobile bidding, on-site and virtual support, exciting in-the-room fundraising capabilities (like the scoreboard), and more - OneCause creates a great experience for the donors and guests with ease. Even the least tech-savvy team members at my organization can use it with ease.
Easy to use! Your event homepage walks you through every step of your event from start to finish.
The support is overall great, but just depends on the reps you get at your event.
Lilly Xiong | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use OneCause for our annual auction. Prior to OneCause, we were manually tracking the auction items on an excel spreadsheet and it was a hassle each year putting it all together when it came to auction day. With OneCause, we are able to allow donors to submit the item online and provide a description of the item. Then once submitted, we are able to review and add notes and update the location of the item and approve it. We can then assign an item number to the auction item and set a price. On Auction day, I can easily turn on and text the bidders that it's open. Because we can set an end time, we don't have to stress about grabbing the bidding sheets and checkout process. OneCause has made our lives easier (1-person handling the auction) and it was worth the investment! Plus the website use is friendly and greatly helps sponsors & bidders understand the purpose of the Auction is great!
  • Preview for bidders ahead of time
  • Easy checkout process
  • Easy post-auction reports
  • Catalog report for bidders
  • Allow other merchant processors to be connected.
We use OneCause in the most simple way. It's helpful for live auctions as well. The auctioneer tracks the highest bidder and then reports it to the person in charge who can apply the amount to the bidder's balance. I think it's less appropriate for events that are complex, however, we've not used it to its maximum.
We've heard positive comments from our bidders. They love the mobile-friendly use of OneCause, especially receiving notifications of being outbid or time remaining.
Issues are normally addressed. We review our needs on an annual basis before the event/end of the subscription period to renew. I don't have any doubt on their support.
We used OneCause to plan and execute our Live Art Auction
  • Easy to donate
  • Reporting
  • Bidpal platform is easy to use
  • Image uploading
  • Back-end management could be a little more detailed and userfriendly
  • Clear registration instructions
Adding photos to items needs work, there are too many steps in the process. Duplicate entry - Not easy to change or fix bad bids the night of the event.
Although our experience with OneCause in 2022 was not the best, in 2021 the overall experience was better. The acceptable size of pictures for the site is too small, the landing page for donors is confusing, registrants can only register 1 participant at a time, and a lot of backend work.
Our experience in 2021 was much better. This year our consultant seem to always be rushed to get through our call and the training we received in 2021 was not available or offered this year and our support rep on the day of the event was not fluent in OneCause knowledge.
OneCause has been an invaluable piece of our fundraising and event planning efforts since I started my role. Their product is easy to use, incredibly customizable to help fit things into your organization's needs, and most importantly their support line is always excellent. They are prompt, attentive, knowledgeable, and incredibly thorough, I don't hesitate to call whenever I have a question about our OneCause platform, and if I ever have a question that requires a deeper dive than a single call they follow up with me right away and are very helpful.
  • Customer Support
  • Customization
  • More detailed and customizable reporting
  • Website capabilities
  • email / texting capabilities
This past year for our annual gala we had 3 OneCause event staff come work our event. They were an incredible support system, two of them went off separately to work portions of the event and another followed the logistics lead (me) to provide any in-the-moment support needed. It was great service.
Great usability
This is the best part about OneCause, the support staff is excellent without fail. I never hesitate to call or email the support line, specific support team members, or my CSM, each time they are incredibly helpful.
We use OneCause to manage our non-profit's fundraising events. We enjoy how easy it is to customize each project and how user-friendly the reporting features are to use.
  • user friendly
  • allows multiple fundraising applications in one mobile site
  • reporting
  • I struggle to get videos in the giving center to work properly.
  • I wish you could insert photos directly into the giving center without having to use dropbox first.
  • Donors would like a way to purchase tickets without creating a login.
We switched over from Greater Giving to One Cause. The difference is night and day. In my experience, Greater Giving was terribly un-user-friendly. I often had to call support just to find a report I needed to run. Also, the event website was very limited, and not very visually appealing. We appreciate all the customization available through OneCause.
The reporting in particular is extremely user friendly.
Any time I have ever had to use support, they answer promptly and are able to immediately help with whatever problems I am having.