GoodData - tying together disparate data.https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biGoodDataUnspecified9.2491012016-02-26T17:55:54.698Z
February 26, 2016
GoodData - tying together disparate data.
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with GoodData
We are using GoodData as a visualization and analytics tool to allow our clients to gather valuable information across a number of disparate data sources.
- Provides easy linking of disparate data sources that typically would be very difficult to analyze in any meaningful way.
- Ease of design. You don't have to have extensive knowledge of the product to be able to design attractive and powerful reports, dashboards, etc.
- Easy to integrate into custom applications. Whether it be i-framing or white label, GoodData provides an easy solution for integrating dashboards into your applications.
- Limited customization options for report/dashboards design. You are kind of locked in to their chart color options, placement of certain element (i.e. chart legend), etc.
- No intuitive way to handle fiscal year calendars. A custom solution needs to be built in order to handle variable fiscal calendars.
- Learning MAQL programming language is necessary to be able to use the product meaningfully.
- SQL Server Reporting Services
SQL Server Reporting Services is great for building reports and informational tools for an organization using shared and/or relational data sources. Due to the nature of our business, we needed the ability to tie together multiple non-shared or relational data sources. GoodData provides all the necessary back-end and front-end tools in order to meet those needs.
Prior to using GoodData, the data we could truly analyze and report on was limited to our own internal databases. Using GoodData allowed us to tap into many other data sources our clients use and integrate them seamlessly into our application (including social media, marketing, and other valuable areas where the analytics were important to our customers).
GoodData provides easy button click functionality to determine if reports, metrics, etc., are available to just developers, just stakeholders, organization-wide, or any other setup. It is easy to set up schedules to ensure data is up to date and ensure users are always getting the most real-time data possible. It is also easy to pass data across teams, set up report schedules and delivery.
GoodData is appropriate for any organizations struggling with bridging gaps between multiple disparate data sources. Using GoodData provides those organizations all the tools necessary to build value added insights for both internal and external customers. It would be less appropriate for those wanting to build highly customizable reports features as there's not a lot of freedom in design.