Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of GoodData, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
GoodData powers modern BI for the modern data stack. It is a business intelligence platform that provides the creation, delivery, and automated management of analytics at any scale. GoodData experts help businesses build data strategies, create new products, and maximize their data ROI.
At a high level, GoodData’s composable data and analytics platform provides self-service analytics, low-code/no-code interfaces, embeddable data visualization, and application integration. The platform also provides an end-to-end pipeline, including data ingestion, preparation, and transformations. GoodData’s composable architecture allows businesses to integrate with existing infrastructure and implement analytics solutions for employees, customers, or business partners.
The headless BI engine is a key part of GoodData’s analytics platform: It is built to scale with containerized microservices, managed as a code, and separates the analytical backend from the consumption layer. The user can connect any application, data platform, or visualization tool to the engine's semantic layer — via APIs and standard interfaces — and consume the same consistent analytics in real time, anywhere.
The vendor describes the platform as:
Powerful and easy to use analytics for any skill level, including business users without technical experience
Flexible in pricing options for companies of all sizes
A modularized solution designed for developers in mind
Robust and flexible in data integration options
Built for enterprise environments thanks to enterprise-grade security and governance
- Supported: Multi-Data Source Reporting
- Supported: Data warehouse / dictionary layer
- Supported: In-memory data model
- Supported: Live connection to external data
- Supported: ETL Capability
- Supported: ETL Scheduler
- Supported: Administration via Web Interface
- Supported: Snapshot of External Data
- Supported: Pixel Perfect reports
- Supported: Customizable dashboards
- Supported: Report Formatting Templates
- Supported: Drill-down analysis
- Supported: Formatting capabilities
- Supported: Predictive modeling
- Supported: Reporting sharing
- Supported: Prebuilt visualization formats
- Supported: Geographic visualizations / Location analytics
- Supported: Support for machine learning model
- Supported: Predictive Analytics
- Supported: Whitelabeling
- Supported: Self Service Insights Discovery
- Supported: Open-source component library for rapid development of interactive analytical UI Change management and automated analytics updates distribution in large customer base environment
- Supported: Change management and automated analytics updates distribution in large customer base environment
- Supported: Extra security and compliance standards: SOC 2 Type II, ISO 27001:2013, HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR Article 9
- Supported: Multi-user support
- Supported: Role-based security model
- Supported: Multiple access permission levels
- Supported: Report-level access
- Supported: Table-level access
- Supported: Field-level access
- Supported: Single sign-on
- Supported: Responsive Design for Web Access
- Supported: Dashboard/Report/Viz interactivity on Mobile
Visit https://www.gooddata.com/sites/all/themes/intelligence/img/platform/video/platform_kd_video.mp4 to watch GoodData video.
Visit https://developer.gooddata.com/assets/Images/410abc088fae4ca54642b6e25859c513.mp4 to watch GoodData video.
Visit https://developer.gooddata.com/assets/Images/cea15d077d1f4d22cb72c8997ff1193f.mp4 to watch GoodData video.
- Embedding Analytics: The Case for Build vs. Buy
- The Ultimate Guide to Embedded Analytics
- Monetize and Productize Your Data with Embedded Analytics
- Platform Technical Overview
- Modern analytics in your SaaS product
- How Embedded Analytics Help Business Drive Adoption and Growth
- Redefining Data as a Service
- Daas: Transforming data from cost center to revenue generator
- How DaaS fuels data-driven decisions
- Scaling business analytics with Data as a Service
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Languages||English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese|
- [GoodData] has good documentation with plenty of native and user-created examples
- This may be due to how GoodData is integrated into Mavenlink (our PM tool) but data is only refreshed every half hour, so pulling data in real-time is not possible.
- Reporting on consumer trends and satisfaction.
- Data analysis on process implementation and acceptance.
- Measurable reports on products' price flexibility and areas of opportunity.
- Availability of tutorials on how to create and configure data and reports.
- Ease of understanding the meaning of each metric.
- Frequency of report updates.
- Provides easy linking of disparate data sources that typically would be very difficult to analyze in any meaningful way.
- Ease of design. You don't have to have extensive knowledge of the product to be able to design attractive and powerful reports, dashboards, etc.
- Easy to integrate into custom applications. Whether it be i-framing or white label, GoodData provides an easy solution for integrating dashboards into your applications.
- Limited customization options for report/dashboards design. You are kind of locked in to their chart color options, placement of certain element (i.e. chart legend), etc.
- No intuitive way to handle fiscal year calendars. A custom solution needs to be built in order to handle variable fiscal calendars.
- Learning MAQL programming language is necessary to be able to use the product meaningfully.
- fast implementation
- manual and automatic data loading
- easy creation of insights and dashboards
- Spanish version
- Representation and technical support in Latin America
- More automatic loading options from various ERP's
- user friendly
- feature rich
- initial setup
- cost transparency
- ease to signup
- Great customer service
- Knowledgable help desk resources to help with any step of the GoodData process
- Intuitive dashboards
- Custom formulas could use some work. I feel it is restrictive and not straightforward for a more technical user. I would like there to be a large library of methods that allow you to manipulate the data. Methods like slicing or finding the substring or index of a string. Also methods for other data types for numbers and so forth.
- Increase the number of data log formats you accept as input into your platform. They currently provide CSV format for data logs but they don't have options for JSON, W3C Extended log format, and others. If they make the process to import data very easy then it will save customers from needing to convert it to CSV themselves.
- Customer Support
- Embedded Analytics
- They are in the process of transitioning from older documentation in their knowledge base which can be confusing when using the new user interface and messaging doesn't completely align with what you see.
- More flexibility around feature enablement
- Connecting the data inputs
- Building data model
- Easy way to design the dashboards and graphs
- Sharing the dashboards
- Support on the SQL command line they have built-in
- Pricing policy
- Easy to use
- Fast to display
- It doesn’t allow view without login while it should
- It can limit comparative analysis
- I wished it dealt with Big Data from start
- Design Customization
- Mapbox Integration
- Native Map options
- MAQL should be highly assistive and predictive
- Formula Builder
- Easy to embed
- Data transform directly in the platform
- Some functions are a little hard to perform, if you don't know how to do them
- We miss also a filter in the Data modeling
- Visual cohesion with our product.
- Deployment of multiple customers.
- Customer support and services.
- Training on how to build on top of the platform without using their team.
- Pricing and speed for initial rollout.
- Better geographic charts.
- It's a good platform that has a flexible pricing plan which means that users can get hands-on service free at the start.
- GoodData provides its users with excellent charts and drill-down analysis which makes complex large data sets so simplified and easy to understand and interpret.
- For me it is so convenient because everything just gets saturated on a single page.
- Whilst GoodData is positive, it is also negative as I have found some limitations associated with GoodData as well. With experience in using the software of GoodData, I feel like there is a fluctuation in availability to maintain the code of the dashboards and workspaces.
- GoodData just has limited ways to securely transfer information between our systems and our client's systems.
- Data consolidation
- Data Analytics
- Customisable dashboards
- Ability to embed and white-label.
- Simplified experience for non-technical users.
- Fantastic Implementation team.
- This is not a platform for data scientists.
- Poor ability to maintain code versioning of their workspaces and dashboards.
- Limited ways to securely transfer information between your system and theirs.
The user experience of their default portal (if you choose not to embed via APIs) is excellent for non-technical users to create visualizations, KPIs and data storyboards.
Their product is designed to be simplified to manage and use.
They have and excellent set of features that covers all the most common asks/needs of someone who wishes to create and share visualizations and KPIs.
They are NOT great for super complicated data science things or to replace statisticians; if you are trying to do anything with K-nearest neighbors or use a Naive Bayes classifier you are going to have a bad time. If, on the other hand, you just want to show a visual related to the ratio of number of times people were injured severely to number of minor injuries for a user defined time period, this is a great platform.
- Easy to customize and create metrics using MAQL
- Easy to filter reports
- Limited flexibility and options while creating reports.
- Tough to customize views and designs.
- Excellent charts and drill down analysis. Everything on one page.
- Excellent integration with other databases and software.
- Great support and mobile app availability. All these features makes this software very useful.
- To make any adjustments to the data flowing into the tool you need expert help.
- The tool is pricy. Just like other BI tools, this tool also proves expensive.
- It is difficult to use. It requires extensive training and support.
- The platform provides a very robust data infrastructure and business intelligence tools to support the data engineers and analysts. It also has a very capable and user friendly visualization/reporting interface for the end user.
- It is an excellent analytics platform for beginners as well. The resources available online are in good number and learning guides are easy to understand.
- Single-Sign-in functionality of GoodData allows integration with other enterprise platforms very easily.
- GoodData also provides excellent implementation consulting services and post-implementation customer service.
- I would like to have tools for automated project backups and restores, user provisioning. Presently this can be achieved through API's, but would prefer to have a specific and dedicated GoodData tool for this.
- The pricing might not be very attractive if you happen to be a small scale business and plan to venture out in the area of Data Monetization.
- The process of making reports and conducting inquiries is difficult. It requires to write a little bit of code. So if you are not using ETL (Extract Transform Load), then probably you don't need such a technical product.
So a friend of mine is gonna be likely using these data sources so Gooddata platform seems a good option to integrate analytics services and reporting tools.
- It's in a cloud and perfectly works in your browser. It has the usability you would expect.
- It's simple to learn and amazingly fast for everyday work. You can train power users very quickly.
- Embeding just works.
- Price and speed for bigger data sets.
- It's not above your database, you have to load data there.
- Highly visual dashboards
- Very straightforward for users to comprehend and use
- Easy to make changes to reports and dashboards
- Real time analytics are not yet possible
- Managing a large number of client projects as an OEM requires some manual work arounds
- Some admin capabilities such as advanced user data filtering lack UI tools and have to be administered in JSON commands or similar obscure mechanisms
- Intuitive report and dashboard building tools allow users to customise their day-to-day interaction with the data.
- Some of the standard data warehouse (DW) design patterns are implemented and come out of the box.
- GoodData takes care of speed optimisation.
- Customer support is very responsive and accessible.
- It is not the best solution for the printable reports.
- Formatting of the output is limited and some classic visualisations are not available.
- It is a pure BI tool, there is nothing to support predictive analytics or forecasting.
- Data is not easily available, so we have to have an intermediate staging data warehouse. This literally doubles number of required ETL processes.
- Good mechanisms for relating data.
- Multiple different chart types.
- Scheduled dashboard email exports for other recipients.
- Dynamic/self-updating charts embed would be useful.
- Public access URL to dashboards for sharing.
- Intuitive ETL
- Easy and powerful visualizations
- Powerful Query Language (MAQL)
- ETL client can be quirky at times
- Performance is heavily impacted by bigger datasets (100M rows total project size)
- Combining data based on different date timelines is challenging
- Great customer service
- Very agile framework that allows us to push the boundaries of what we want vs. need
- Very open to new suggestions from current users
- Need to think like a marketer when developing a platform so it's responsive and mobile friendly.
- It would be nice to have a closer relationship with understanding how all of the updates could impact me. Basically, when a new feature is rolled out, I watch the webinars, however, it's still at such a high level, I'm not sure how the new feature could be used for my circumstances. And since the team knows how the new features work and what my goals are, they have a much stronger understanding of how I could leverage the new features.
- Aggregation of information across multiple tables to quickly retrieve large data sets
- Customizable visuals to easily display and interpret metrics
- Great support team that quickly answers questions and provides guidance
- GoodData's architecture is very sound. We do need to work with them to make adjustments to the data model that we are not able to do ourselves. They are quick to respond but sometimes provide a delayed turnaround.