Overall Satisfaction with Google Analytics
Using web analytics is critical in understanding how people use your website. Whether you are trying to analyze customer behavior, find out how people are navigating to your website, or even success of marketing campaigns, Google Analytics has proven to be an essential tool that I use on a daily basis.
- Evaluate the success of marketing campaigns using conversion tracking.
- Monitor sources of web traffic to ensure our organic traffic, PPC advertising, social media campaigns etc. are performing consistently.
- Identify emerging markets by monitoring web traffic by country.
- Test A/B splits on landing pages. We use Google Analytics to compare performance of each page.
- Identify trends by monitoring organic keyword searches.
- Evaluate overall performance of website based on traffic tracked in Google Analytics
- My main complaint would be that there is a bit of a learning curve with Google Analytics.
- The impact that Google Analytics has had on our company is priceless. Understanding customer behavior and the impact of our marketing efforts has helps us to continue to refine our website and marketing tactics to improve our business.
To me the use of Google Analytics is a no brainer. We've used it for several years, and although it may not be quite as robust as other analytics tools, it gets the job done within our budget. With Google Analytics available, there is really no reason to not use web analytics on your site.