Google Drive Drives Work Efficiency
July 20, 2016

Google Drive Drives Work Efficiency

Overall Satisfaction with Google Drive

Currently my company uses Google Drive for all internal-use documents. Google Drive allows everyone to easily share documents with each other and for everyone to contribute and work on the documents regardless of where we are. We've also been instructed to save all of our files onto Google Doc, so that they can be conveniently shared internally.
  • Google Drive allows us to grant access to view and edit by other users, and those who have access can easily view or edit the document regardless of location.
  • Google Drive has the equivalent of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and makes it very convenient to collaborate on a project.
  • Google Drive documents the modifications made to a document and saves the various versions of the document throughout the process.
  • When we export an entire file onto Google Doc, the file opens as a document and not as a Google Drive document.
  • Images can be hard to paste on Google Sheets.
  • I don't think there is an impact on ROI directly, but it definitely helps to increase efficiency, and it is completely free to use.
I think compared to Asana, Google Drive allows different parties to make edits on the document itself, which is very unique and helps greatly with efficiency. If different people are planning to collaborate on a project, utilizing Google Docs is extremely helpful because it allows people to work on the same task from different locations at the same time.
I think Google Doc is great for collaborative work or to share work in progress or even finished projects with members within the same team. I wouldn't recommend using Google Doc with clients unless edits need to be made on the document itself because sending it as a Google Doc lacks a certain degree of formality.

Google Drive Feature Ratings