Overall Satisfaction with Google Drive
We use Google Drive to collaborate with our field team to collect and analyze data in real-time. It helps us to collect our merchant documents directly into the drive from Google form so that we don't have to wait for the physical documents. We can verify all the documents instantly and guide our agent if everything is in order. We collect candidate CVs via Google Drive so it mitigates our problem of storing and sharing at the same time.
- Collaboration with others is a breeze. We can share instantly both via links or Gmail [addresses] and thanks to Android everyone has a Google account now.
- Team members can upload documents to a specific Drive location
- You can create different levels of permission for different collaborators
- Right now it only creates one link for sharing. Separate links for view, download, and edit will be more convenient
- It doesn't offer the option to transfer the images to Google Photos which would be a great help for photo management
- The mobile version became useless as you need Sheets for viewing Excel, Docs for Word files. Google should at least provide a viewer in Drive. All cloud storage [has] one now.
- File sharing and collaboration in real time
- Desktop version allows to work on different file types from one single place
- Control over individual permission
- Google drive saves almost a day in my doc collection process
- My HR team can sort date-wise applicants instantly. Which needs another person otherwise.
- Control over permission means non-management people can't tinker with your data or formatting other than viewing
Do you think Google Drive delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Drive's feature set?
Did Google Drive live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Google Drive go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Google Drive again?
If you are using a laptop or desktop, Drive is a very easy-to-use versatile tool. From uploading to sharing and viewing, the whole process is seamless and in one place. The mobile user experience is not as smooth. My field team uses the WPS office to get out Google's requirement of downloading four different apps for four different tasks. Google should bring their desktop experience to mobile as well. Sad thing is, it was the same before.