Easy and Convenient!
September 17, 2019
Easy and Convenient!
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Google Hangouts
I use Google Hangouts daily in my organization. We have a lot of communications regarding students that do not need to go out via email—late arrivals, pickup info, etc. Teachers use Google Hangouts to message each other information that may be needed to assist a child. We also use google hangouts as a messaging service to request extra help in the classroom.
- Inputting locations within the message.
- Lets a user know if the message was read
- Inputs multimedia easily
- Impossible to use in China without a VPN (we do a lot of teaching with Chinese students).
- Google has announced that it will be disabling the Hangouts platform by a certain date, so it will be unusable.
- If you are logged into different Gmails, each Gmail has its own page. This can get cumbersome when switching between multiple personal, professional, and work emails.
- Google Hangouts comes free with the Gmail we have for our company. It is an easy product to integrate.
- Zoom and Skype
Zoom can be cumbersome to use and is not as user-friendly as Google Hangouts. Skype is antiquated at this point and is not used as often as other tools. We have used Google Hangouts because it has instant messaging abilities while also allows us to call and video conference without sharing personal phone numbers.
Google's support is excellent. It is rarely down and we are always able to get an issue fixed immediately.
Do you think Google Hangouts (Classic) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Hangouts (Classic)'s feature set?
Did Google Hangouts (Classic) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Google Hangouts (Classic) go as expected?
Would you buy Google Hangouts (Classic) again?
Google Hangouts is well-suited for fast communication that resembles text in a fast-paced environment. It is well-suited for education and communicating with colleagues across different buildings. I have also used Google Hangouts in a medical field to communicate with staff in the back office vs. the front office to ensure patients pay their copays, fees, get medications, etc. Google Hangouts keeps a record of all conversations which can be helpful for employers. Google Hangouts is not well-suited for anyone doing business with China unless you are using a VPN. Companies that often travel to China should use another service.