Google Trends is Neat!
Updated November 05, 2019
Google Trends is Neat!
Score 5 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Google Trends
We utilize Google Trends to estimate seasonality for our clients, both with SEO and paid search services, as well as for all digital initiatives. Both our paid media and SEO teams use Google Trends for these purposes, sometimes collaboratively. It addresses business problems such as projecting budget allocations, estimating competition, determining opportunity, etcetera.
- Great job at estimating seasonality for different industries & areas of interest.
- Does well at helping determine potential competition during different times of the year.
- Does a good job with helping us determine recommendations for clients in terms of tactics, budgets, etc. throughout the year, and with different strategies.
- It would be great if Google Trends had more specific data, and wasn't so aggregated.
- We would like if Google Trends could get more granular into different topics or industries.
- It would be nice if we could combine Google Trends data with our initiatives in SEO and paid search directly, without having to try to combine & analyze all of that data ourselves.
- Google Trends has had a positive impact on ROI in terms of helping us project potential costs and returns in different times of the year.
- It has also helped with ROI on the agency side, as we're able to back up the numbers & budgets we recommend to our clients throughout the year.
- Sometimes the data is not specific enough, however, and can end up being less accurate than desirable, causing different results than we projected.
Google Trends tends to be slightly more accurate than the other products, because Google has access to more user data for the algorithm to take into consideration when providing trends and information. We like this tool because it also aligns better with the Google tools we use (Google Ads and the like).
We really love using Google Trends for helping our clients in the digital space, both in terms of SEO and paid media strategies. It helps us get a better feel for the landscape of different industries online, the demand for products & services, the competition in those spaces, the seasonality that occurs, and how our strategies fit into all of those things.