Overall Satisfaction with Google Voice
Google Voice is useful when it is necessary to communicate with others and the only viable option at the moment is via the internet. Google Voice allows you to get in contact with those in your contact list without the need of your phone. This is very helpful when traveling as it allows for the use of local data rather than cellular networks. Because it also connects to your Google account, there is no further setup required and your contacts that you already use are already available.
- Useful search functionality for voicemails and text.
- Ability to forward texts and calls to existing phone number.
- Very good call quality.
- Some settings are not available in the latest version and you must access the legacy Google Voice to change them.
- All area codes are not yet available.
- Would be cool to have the ability to use mobile phone number as sender.
- Improves travel by reducing worries about cellular connections.
- Ability to record and search through call and message history is invaluable.
- Connecting to an already existing contact directory makes setup easy.
Google Voice is more reliable than CallHippo and has better call quality. Additionally, Google Voice's integration into Google Hangouts expands it functionality for video calls. Google Voice also provides access into Google's contact directory giving quick access to anyone who already has a phone setup with Google. Google Voice also has a more useful free plan as any user with a phone number can quickly setup their account.
Google Voice has built-in support that is directly accessible within the application. The searchable help documentation provides information on the different features within Google Voice. There are also videos demonstrating how to use Google Voice, which are available on YouTube. Anything else can be found via a quick Google search.
Do you think Google Voice delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Voice's feature set?
Did Google Voice live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Google Voice go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Google Voice again?
Google Voice is a useful feature in the Google suite which allows you to perform calls and texts with an internet connection. This is great in scenarios where you may not have a good cellular connection, but have access to an internet connection. Google Voice is also useful for keeping records of calls and texts due to its ability to search through texts and translate voicemails to text which then becomes searchable as well.