Overall Satisfaction with GoToAssist
GoToAssist is a multi-faceted support software that we use for virtual tech support, meetings, and training. Our IS team plus several of our EPIC teams use this software, and we use it to help clients when in-person support is not available or practical.
- It does not require users to share a network
- Gives access and control to either user with GoToAssist
- Can share one screen, one program, or the whole desktop
- Small install, 7-8 megabytes
- Download of the client support is done via the browser, can be problematic with Firefox/Safari/Opera
- Because the download is done in a user's profile, if a technician needs to log into another profile [say an admin profile], the session will be suspended
- If your user cannot get to their email, trying to give them the URL one letter at a time is quite painful
- Login password changes and unlocks are done by the GoToAssist company directly, instead of in-house support, giving longer lag time between locked and use.
- GoToAssist was a replacement for DMC, and while it didn't allow for profile changes, it allowed technicians to keep working with virtual support.
- From what I understand, the per-seat licenses are quite expensive. Teams often dispute which accounts belong to which team.
The software is great for working alongside a remote user, allowing you to see and ultimately manipulate their PC. The software is light and easily transferable from PC to PC. If one requires the ability to change profiles on the remote PC, this will not allow one to do it, just based on how the software is installed. So if you require someone's profile to be rebuilt, you will need hands-on PC or another software.