Overall Satisfaction with Gusto
I am a smaller company, but Gusto makes me feel special regardless. Setting up payroll and running it is seamless. Any reports you may need are very easily accessible and even sometimes automated via Gusto (which was very helpful during PPP). I've spoken with companies that use Quickbooks, and it seems so much more complicated for them. I run payroll in about one minute. I love Gusto and often recommend them to other companies. I hated payroll before Gusto, and now, dare I say, I love it?
- Ease of use - I process payroll in about one minute.
- Access to important reports and even automated reports that were so helpful for PPP forgiveness.
- Processing off-cycle, bonus pay, paying back purchases made by employees is very simple.
- I know it may not be important to some, but the interface feels good, and it looks very current and not outdated like some other payroll platforms. I love that little piggy.
- Over the phone customer service. A lot of times, the representative doesn't understand what I am trying to figure out.
- It's hard to get a hold of help, whether it's through chat, email, phone. I often don't have problems with Gusto, but when I do, I need to fix those problems fast since it's payroll-related.
- Ease of use
- Automated reports
- Handling all taxes, worker's comp payments, etc. I honestly sometimes don't even know what they are handling, but I know it keeps me in good standing tax-wise.
- Gusto deals with a lot of behind-the-scenes work like payroll taxes, filing certain things that I didn't even know existed. They just take care of things, and there are never any late fees or penalties incurred.
- Ease of use is so so important to our company. I can't stress enough how simple it is to set up and use.
- Gusto is very affordable for what it does for our company.
Do you think Gusto delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Gusto's feature set?
Did Gusto live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Gusto go as expected?
Would you buy Gusto again?
I think Gusto is a great payroll platform. I honestly often get excited to run payroll because it's so easy, and I get to see the ever-changing pig that shows up while your payroll is processing. It seems like a very updated company that is with the times. They've really zeroed in on making the interface as easy as possible to navigate. They were a lifesaver during PPP to get reports and to help with forgiveness. I am a small company, but I bet they would be just as great as handling a huge company. The only thing I would complain about is customer service over the phone. It's so rare that I need it, though because everything is so well thought out and accessible on the site if there is a problem.