March 31, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with HireRight
HireRight is being used by our entire organization to facilitate pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings, DOT physical recertifications, reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol screening, and random drug screening. HireRight helps us remain compliant with DOT regulations, hold employees accountable for meeting the company standards of our drug/alcohol free workplace policy, and make informed decisions about the individuals we hire.
- Paperless screenings. The ability to send an email invitation to a candidate so they can complete and submit their own background investigation information was a game changer. It has sped up our process and made the completion of the required paperwork easier for candidates. Best of all, we were able to do away with our old, manual paper packet of pre-employment forms.
- Random Drug Screenings. The batch upload option for random drug screening rosters works well and is intuitive. The selections are made accurately and in a timely manner. We have the ability to directly notify the manager of selected employees from the system, without the need for additional paperwork.
- HireRight offers a wide assortment of training options, both for users of the system as well as compliance updates. This has made it easier for our Employee Services team to stay on top of regulatory changes.
- Front line support is lacking. They take a long time to process requests, and we are often told that they are unable to assist us with items that, we know from personal experience, is within their power to do.
- Collection Site Network is difficult to maintain if you plan to add any additional sites aside from HireRight's preferred partners. Sometimes, we value convenience over minimal cost savings, and the setup time for these sites is too long. Once added to the system, there is no way for us to distinguish between custom sites and the sites HireRight has preferred terms with.
- Communication of service interruption. When issues arise outside of scheduled maintenance, we often hear about it from our users, not HireRight. When we follow up with support, we never receive ETAs for a solution, so we have no useful information to pass along to our hiring managers. It is very frustrating when the product is not working at 100% and we have no idea when we can expect it to be fixed.
- Improved candidate experience. Our process is now more modern and appealing to candidates, as well as easier to complete.
- Pre-employment screening times have improved, reducing our time to hire. This helps us get new hires onboarded and working faster, which is a win for our new hires and our location managers.
- Online document retention keeps confidential information secure, and reduces the paperwork and clutter we are forced to manage on-site.
I do not want to name drop the vendor we used previously, but when we were evaluating new solutions, HireRight was the only option we seriously considered. A big part of our decision to go with HireRight was that it integrated nicely with our applicant tracking system, which was previously a huge pain point for us.
Pre-employment screenings for DOT regulated drivers is still a challenge and doesn't take advantage of the online ordering options that HireRight can offer for other roles (though the DOT is equally to blame for this). HireRight really shines when we are screening individuals for roles not regulated by the DOT, or when we are using their batch upload option to process large numbers of requests at once (e.g. random drug screenings, Annual MVR pulls). In these areas, it has saved us a huge amount of time that would have otherwise been wasted on repetitive, administrative tasks.
HireRight Feature Ratings
Front line support, which is what our users are forced to deal with, rarely offers timely and acceptable solutions. To get good results, I often have to escalate issues to our account manager (who is wonderful). It seems as though any support request that is handled through normal channels takes far too long to be completed.
Quick Initial Response
Problems left unsolved
Not kept informed
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times