Overall Satisfaction with HireVue
HireVue is being used for technical screenings which are the primary factor when making a hire decision. Recordings of interviews allow teams to review an incoming software engineer to see how they might fit on the specific team.
- The whiteboard feature is nice for sharing code samples.
- The recording feature is nice although not something that is particularly unique.
- Video quality is typically a struggle. I have experienced several interviews where the video is super choppy or is lost all together.
- Not having the ability to screen share is a killer. That limitation alone makes looking at an alternative a real possibility.
- I think just having a portal for all interview teams to work from has improved our process and caused less confusion.