Overall Satisfaction with HireVue
We use HireVue as a pre-screening tool for positions across our organization. Select candidates are asked to complete an interview with a combination of video and essay responses to questions we have crafted ourselves. The hiring committee reviews the responses at their convenience, and then decides who to invite to in-person follow-up interviews based on candidate ratings against a pre-determined scoring model.
Using HireVue has allowed us to reduce the number of in-person interviews we schedule, as candidates who do not meet minimum scores are filtered out during the HireVue process. This saves the time of both the hiring committee and the candidates.
- HireVue is convenient and easy to use, as candidates are able to complete the interview questions at a time that works best for them.
- HireVue is also convenient to use on the employer-side, again because of the ability to review interviews at a time that fits into the hiring committee member's schedule.
- Interviews can be completed in video or written format, allowing the hiring committee to assess both verbal and written communication skills.
- Video responses that are mistakenly submitted as complete cannot be re-done by the candidate.
- Using HireVue digital interviews has saved us considerable time by being able to screen out unsuitable candidates prior to completing an in-person interview.
We have found that an interview consisting of both written and video responses received the most positive feedback from candidates. Candidates also appreciated the opportunity to re-try their video responses up to three times before submitting them as complete. For us, the ideal number of questions for pre-screening purposes is six. Too few and you don't get enough information for a proper evaluation and too many risks becoming tedious to review and doesn't end up saving much hiring committee time.
We like to ask candidates why they are interested in the specific position they have applied for and what experience and characteristics they bring that they feel will make them successful in the role. We also ask behavioral-based questions and questions to determine their working style and cultural fit within the specific department and the organization as a whole.