https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/pg/ia/QBIV9OKU7MG7.JPEGTaleo/Oracle HCM Cloud is good, but could use some updatesI am a recruiter. The recruiters at my company use it to look up job descriptions, save candidate information, and search candidates we have already logged in the system. It helps us keep all of our job and candidate information connected and organized. Our HR department uses it as well; they look up candidate information and assist with job offers and back ground check requests.,Organization (allowing us to link candidates to jobs they are matched to) Making information searchable (such as job descriptions and candidate info) Keeping candidate history visible,It is not very intuitive (I find I have to tinker with it a lot to figure out how to get it to do what I want) It is defiantly something you need a significant amount of training on before you are able to use it fluently (like when starting with a company that uses it) It has a very basic look to it. It seems outdated. I wish there was more customization available, to make it work best for what I am using it for. I wish you could open multiple jobs or candidates at the same time and switch back and forth between them.,6,I feel that in keeps us organized so that increases efficiency but, it takes so much time to use and log everything correctly that it decreases efficiency. So in the end we may break even.,Increase in percent to hire,Not a member of any user groups,Recruiting HR Payroll,Bullhorn Recruitment CRMHandles complicated Time RulesOracle HCM is being used across the organization. We rolled out the implementation in two phases which help user adoption. Reason for moving was to enhance user experience, drive process improvements and move to data analytics for HR. We started with Core HR and Talent Management. Immediately our users found the tool intuitive. We were able to automate many manual processes and use across the organization.,All information in one system reduces interfaces Streamlined salary approval and annual compensation increases. Supervisors had all the information in one place to make informed decisions Learn module is very user friendly and users find it easy to take training Performance and training are integrated, so easy to recommend training,Patches wipe out any configurations, which need to be added back each time Some features in EBS not available in HCM - things users liked, like templates on time and labor.,8,We achieved operational efficiency by streamlining many process that were done via email chains or written memos. In addition many steps were reduced in our processes,Decrease in employee turnover Increase productivity of employees & HR administration Improve compliance oversight Increased/deeper workforce insights,Midwest Oracle User Group Midwest Regional Users Group Minnesota Oracle Service Cloud User Group,Created a Performance Plan with semiannual check-ins for Union Employees who are service in a lead role.,Workday Human Capital ManagementEasy PeasyWe use it as our portal for seeing paychecks/pay stubs, looking at benefits, adding in our time worked when applicable, and for a company directory for contact information. Our whole organization uses it. It makes it easy for the employees to see information regarding benefits they have, and to view their paychecks. That is what I mainly use it for. We also use it for requesting paid time off days.,An easy way to see pay stubs Minimal clicks to get to what we use it for most Easy to navigate. Don't have trouble finding what I am looking for,I would like an option to change the colors I would like to set my default to 'employee login' instead of having to choose manager or employee every time,8,It has impacted efficiency because it alleviates the need to have a department to answer all of the questions that we can now find and answer for ourselves on our site. It's easy, and our payroll/HR personnel can spend their time with more important tasks instead of answering these types of questions.,Decrease in employee turnover Increase productivity of employees & HR administration Improve compliance oversight Increased/deeper workforce insights,Not a member of any user groups,It's a good feature to request time off Easy to view pay stubs,,,100,payroll company directory time off,personal settings benefit portal,10,Makes it easy to view things quickly therefore giving me more time to do other things positive ROIOracle HCM Cloud ReviewWe use Oracle HCM across our organization both onshore and offshore. Previously the data used to be on Excel and now we have automated it to be on Oracle HCM cloud.,Quick look self service interface for employees. Maintaining the data is simple for an HR Specialist. Can be implemented for the clients very quickly with quick turn around. Many new features which have come up in Fusion Cloud HCM when compared to EBS.,Data loading is tedious, if it can be made simpler that would be awesome. Finding out the table names from the ADF pages is difficult, I would have to go to OER and search. Personalizations can be still improved where I see road block for couple of requirements.,8,Yes definitely our organization has achieved the next milestone in making things automated.,Increase in quality of new hires Increase in percent to hire Decrease in employee turnover Increase productivity of employees & HR administration Improve compliance oversight Increased/deeper workforce insights,India OAUG,Employee on-boarding checklist. Employee off-boarding checklist. Reminders on birthdays, welcome emails, etc.,Comprehensive HR suiteAt my previous role working for one of the largest state universities in Florida, we needed a robust Human Resources management software to handle the HR needs of such a large workforce. We decided to use Oracle HCM Cloud since we already had been an Oracle customer for most of our software needs. We were using payroll, compensation, and employee time entry modules the most frequently.,Being a cloud solution, the product worked seamlessly on all modern browsers. We were able to replace a lot of internally built software with this single HR management suite. With a central location for all HR functions, the product was a huge success in terms of adoption from employees and their respective management.,Because the software is compliant with all browser formats, it feels like it has been set up to support the minimum level of UI for like Microsoft IE 11. Overall the look and feel can be improved. It is an extensive software and that comes with its own set of challenges in terms of implementation time and money.,8,We are using this software for a while and have configured convenient workflows like employee transfers, promotions, and pay raises. The HR reporting tools are equipped with notifications and alerts, making messaging across to employees very easy. Overall the software has a lot of features that improve our operational efficiency.,Increase in quality of new hires Decrease in employee turnover Increase productivity of employees & HR administration,Not a member of any user groups,Oracle PeopleSoft HCM
Oracle HCM Cloud

Oracle HCM Cloud Reviews

Oracle HCM Cloud
Top Rated Award
Filter 407 vetted Oracle HCM Cloud reviews and ratings

Adeline Steffen profile photo
December 21, 2018

Review: "Taleo/Oracle HCM Cloud is good, but could use some updates"

• Organization (allowing us to link candidates to jobs they are matched to)
  • Making information searchable (such as job descriptions and candidate info)
  • Keeping candidate history visible
  • It is not very intuitive (I find I have to tinker with it a lot to figure out how to get it to do what I want)
  • It is defiantly something you need a significant amount of training on before you are able to use it fluently (like when starting with a company that uses it)
  • It has a very basic look to it. It seems outdated.
  • I wish there was more customization available, to make it work best for what I am using it for.
  • I wish you could open multiple jobs or candidates at the same time and switch back and forth between them.
If you have the time to train your staff on how to use it properly then it is good. I do feel it is outdated (looks wise) and could use a makeover and some new features. It could be made more intuitive, which might make it more competitive with comparable software on the market. And I would love to have it be smartphone friendly, or even have an app so that I could work with it on the go.
Read Adeline Steffen's full review
Kathryn Koch profile photo
October 29, 2018

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Handles complicated Time Rules"

• All information in one system reduces interfaces
  • Streamlined salary approval and annual compensation increases. Supervisors had all the information in one place to make informed decisions
  • Learn module is very user friendly and users find it easy to take training
  • Performance and training are integrated, so easy to recommend training
  • Patches wipe out any configurations, which need to be added back each time
  • Some features in EBS not available in HCM - things users liked, like templates on time and labor.
Very helpful in keeping all data in one database. Reduces interfaces. Great talent development solution.
Read Kathryn Koch's full review
Kristyn Cole profile photo
December 21, 2018

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Easy Peasy"

• An easy way to see pay stubs
  • Minimal clicks to get to what we use it for most
  • Easy to navigate. Don't have trouble finding what I am looking for
  • I would like an option to change the colors
  • I would like to set my default to 'employee login' instead of having to choose manager or employee every time
It is very good to view my paychecks. It is fast. It is easy to navigate. My company in particular does not use it for a lot of things, but what we do use it for, it does a good job. I am glad there is a pay tab right on the main screen, so I can easily click that. For some reason, it doesn't always work on my phone as well. It is more computer friendly.
Read Kristyn Cole's full review
Venkata BalaKrishna Koppuravuri profile photo
August 01, 2018

"Oracle HCM Cloud Review"

• Quick look self service interface for employees.
  • Maintaining the data is simple for an HR Specialist.
  • Can be implemented for the clients very quickly with quick turn around.
  • Many new features which have come up in Fusion Cloud HCM when compared to EBS.
  • Data loading is tedious, if it can be made simpler that would be awesome.
  • Finding out the table names from the ADF pages is difficult, I would have to go to OER and search.
  • Personalizations can be still improved where I see road block for couple of requirements.
For a small and medium sized company it is very well suited and fast to implement.
Read Venkata BalaKrishna Koppuravuri's full review
January 18, 2019

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Comprehensive HR suite"

• Being a cloud solution, the product worked seamlessly on all modern browsers.
  • We were able to replace a lot of internally built software with this single HR management suite.
  • With a central location for all HR functions, the product was a huge success in terms of adoption from employees and their respective management.
  • Because the software is compliant with all browser formats, it feels like it has been set up to support the minimum level of UI for like Microsoft IE 11. Overall the look and feel can be improved.
  • It is an extensive software and that comes with its own set of challenges in terms of implementation time and money.
Being an enterprise level software suite, we found it supported all our HR needs and handled Compliance data (OSHA, CORBA) right out of the box. It is a comprehensive software, more suited towards mid to large scale enterprises, and hence comes with a hefty price tag.
January 16, 2019

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Excellent HCM software suite"

At my current marketing firm we have a global workforce spanning quite a few different countries and cities. We had several in-built software solutions we were using for managing our HR needs. Now with the expansion of the company we were looking for a holistic solution. Oracle HCM Cloud was the best software suite we researched, that could handle our diverse needs.
  • One of the best benefits of this Oracle HCM suite is that we now have one centralized location for payroll, employee self-service, job posting and talent acquisition.
  • The product works well on most browsers and even mobile devices.
  • The setup and implementation time for such a large scale project was exhaustive.
  • The price marker for this software suite makes it less ideal for small to mid size companies.
Oracle HCM cloud is an ideal solution for companies faced with the challenges of a dispersed workforce. It allows internationalization and multi-currency support, thereby making it easy to adopt for foreign companies as well.
Having a one stop shop for bulk of our Human resource management needs makes it a winner in itself. Using customized reporting with notifications and alerts can improve HR department's efficiency.
January 08, 2019

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Great HR Management Suite"

At my previous organization, as we scaled up from a small to mid-size company, we needed a better Human Resources management software to handle our HR needs. Being an Oracle product, it has all the offerings in one place to satisfy all of the HR needs. Payroll, compensation and employee time entry were probably the most widely used modules in the system.
  • The user interface is simple and intuitive. The reporting functionality is very useful for managers.
  • Having a centralized location for all the HR functions made it a winner for the managers as well as the regular employees. It was a great substitute for our various homegrown HR tools.
  • The software is quite extensive and we required lots of vendor support in order to complete the implementation on time.
  • The mobile experience for users on this app is really pared down.
In our use, we've found Oracle HCM Cloud as a very useful, comprehensive software suite for managing Human Resource needs in an organization.
Oracle HCM has lots of features that we've used to improve operational efficiency. The HR reporting tools have easily customizable report builders that feature notifications and alerts that make management really easy.
December 21, 2018

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Oracle HCM is not clear"

Oracle HCM was used by our organization to recruit, hire, and onboard candidates into our HR and Payroll systems. This was used system-wide. It addressed our need to hire quality employees in a timely manner.
  • Oracle HCM has good reporting functions.
  • Oracle HCM is a good at tracking candidates throughout the recruiting life cycle.
  • Oracle HCM could improve it its ease of use for HR staff (those doing the behind the scenes work) and candidates that are applying to a position. Neither experience is user friendly, it is not an intuitive process, and applying through here seems outdated and clunky.
  • Oracle HCM's reporting capabilities are not as robust as desired. We were not able to leverage certain aspects of the data because our needs were different than what they offered.
Oracle HCM is well suited for smaller, less complex organizations. It is less appropriate for large organizations with diverse needs in reporting, and if you value the candidate experience.
Oracle HCM, in our experience, did not increase operational efficiency. It required much back and forth for the recruiter/HR staff, it was not easy to use, and was frustrating for the candidates. Our HR staff was not happy with this product because it seemed to make life more difficult when recruiting and hiring.
November 16, 2018

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Insight from company using Old Version of Oracle"

We currently use Oracle HCM for employee records and payroll processing. The system is primarily managed by our HR operations team for the entire company. We are able to use Oracle HCM as a single source for HR administration and payroll processing.
  • Calculates pay accurately.
  • Employee records are kept electronically in a single file.
  • Our company is on an older version of Oracle so we face challenges with new labor laws and trying to configure the system and comply.
  • Payroll processing is long. Would like to find out a way to reduce processing time.
Any pay changes not in the first day of the pay period could result in incorrect payment of wages. Our practice is to only process pay changes on the first day of the pay period to ensure employees are paid accurately. If there is a way to calculate pay not on the first day of the pay period, this would help our business become more flexible when pay increases are offered to our employees.
I don't believe our company has achieved increased operational efficiency due to the complexity of our business and the old platform of Oracle we are currently on. I believe if we had the capital and resources to invest in upgrading, we could reach operational efficiency.
October 22, 2018

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "The Benefits I Have Seen from Oracle Fusion HCM"

It has a simple user interface and executes the functions in a stable manner.

Oracle HCM is excellent and it helps the company efficiently and it effectively handles all our HR needs. it ensures payroll is prepared and submitted on time and all reporting is immediate, stable and excellent. We use the majority of the HCM modules, benefits, rewards etc., and are very happy with the results. The best feature for us would have to be the fact that Oracle HCM is a self-service application which allows all our employees to handle their own requests for various documents, input their timecards, holidays etc.

• It's a great set of programs that if used effectively will be very helpful to your business. It allows your employees to complete tasks & request documents, this helps to minimize the work that HR and accounting need to do.
  • The application is easy to use and provides all details that you will require from an HR platform
  • It is easy to look at and easy for the employee to sign in and sign out of to record hours. Allows approval of hours without having to sign a document.
  • While many areas have an updated user interface, but the menu area still looks dated. Menu and navigation flow can be better organized; there are times it can be a bit difficult to find what you are looking for.
  • Data integration needs more work.
  • It's cost-effective and easy to implement and improved business processes and [provided] a better user interface for all our HR needs.
  • Great for employees to update their information, and get benefit and time off info.
We are able to function quicker and more efficiently with an employee list of over 90,000 without having a huge HR department because Oracle completes the majority if not all, of it done.
October 26, 2018

User Review: "Oracle HCM Cloud"

I work with clients on technology selection of HCM products. As part of the selection we look across the whole spectrum of products and often it is the integration of modules within the Oracle suite that leads that decision to go with Oracle HCM.
  • Integration with Oracle ERP
  • Continuous improvement of HCM functionality
  • Development of chat robots enabled to allow all employees to have a personal assistant
  • Oracle support has sometimes been a concern, but we've seen a step change in the support model in the last 6 months and the Customer Connect support is really leading the charge on discussion and connection between clients
Oracle HCM is well suited to large commercial corporations and government organizations. Able to provide excellent functionality in payroll in Canada and deep position management functionality.
Historically has been less suited to small companies due to the price point.
We have seen clients drive improved efficiency in payroll management and operations - time to pay has been reduced. Other areas of operational efficiency include position management and workforce management. Position management specifically has help companies take control of the requisition processes in recruitment - which previously may have been out of control .
Wayne Overla` profile photo
July 13, 2018

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "ORACLE Cloud HCM"

NSF International uses ORACLE Cloud HCM as the HR system of record for all global employees. ORACLE Cloud HCM is deployed in 30+ countries in 6 languages providing a common toolset to all employees.
  • Easy to use GUI for employees and managers
  • Powerful Business Intelligence tools to provide robust reporting to managers and HR staff
  • Geographical hierarchies and Address verification can be difficult to maintain on a global scale
  • Managing legal entities and transfers between them can be a challenge
Well suited for companies who want a robust HCM platform and are willing to spend the money, time, and/or resources on implementation and maintenance.
Using ORACLE Cloud HCM as a single global system of record for HR has simplified data management and accuracy.
Read Wayne Overla`'s full review
May 03, 2018

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "A Gateway To New Era"

It is used across the organization. We use it for core HR, employee self-service, manager self-service, goals management, appraisals, compensation management and talent acquisition management.

Oracle HCM cloud addressed a lot of our company needs in a very effective manner. We got a system with a rich user interface, great inbuilt functionalities, and easily configurable processes.

• Rich user interface
  • Great built-in processes
  • Easily Configurable system
  • Customization is a little tricky
  • Global Transfers in Core-HR has a few gaps
  • Querying the data using BI data model is a little tedious
  • Easy to configure
  • Vast functionalities
  • Great user interface & Reporting
  • It helped us to do the acquisitions across the globe 10 times faster than the legacy Oracle E-Business suite
  • Role-Based security features enabled us to meet global needs (ex: GDPR)
April 06, 2018

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Understand module detail before purchasing."

[It's being used for] Piloting the performance management module to determine if it can support the broader organization. Needed a tool to automate performance evaluations, support flexibility and track process steps.
  • Thousands of options for performance evaluation content.
  • Peer reviews.
  • Alignment between sales, tech and support. Each doesn't seem to know what the other is doing or what's involved in each module.
  • Support manager model does not add value in some organizations and can be a distraction.
  • Search function leaves a lot to be desired.
Well suited for smaller organizations with fewer business rules and that have HR business owners that have a strong technical background.
Not yet, still in year 1. Less efficient for managers and employees because it's a new system and has a lot of bells/whistles that aren't needed. Anticipate more efficiency for the administration of performance management from the HR side.
Amitai Levin profile photo
December 07, 2017

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Taleo - The ATS that you have been praying for"

Our recruiting department uses Taleo as our exclusive ATS. Candidates apply for positions through a direct link on our company website and are tracked throughout the entire interview/offer process. we can then take the information and transfer it to our HRMS for easy processing when they are hired as an employee.
  • make the application process easy
  • ask the appropriate questions
  • track resumes and other important information
  • nothing that I can think of
Our company uses Taleo to track all candidates and applicants applying to work for Tender Touch. The easy to use features track multiple items for each candidate such as personal information, resume and license information as well as allowing us to design questions that each candidate has to respond to before completing their application.
Before we began using Taleo, we were busy with multiple spreadsheets that constantly had to be updated and then sent out to whoever needed to be made aware of the candidates being considered etc. Now using the applicant tracking system of Taleo, the data is right at our fingertips and can easily be shared with just a few keystrokes.
Read Amitai Levin's full review
Nasir Mujawar profile photo
November 01, 2017

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "HCM Cloud - Focus core business on more with efficient HR Functions"

Milletech has deployed HCM Cloud for our 158 employees globally. We utilize core HCM, Learning and Recruiting and on-boarding functions. It allows us to extend the role of traditional human resource systems to focus not only on data collection, but on providing a comprehensive core HR functions for understanding and deploying the employee skills. Our implementation and migration touched many Human Resources Management modules including Human Resources, Payroll Integration, Compensation, and Workforce Management.
  • Core HR Functions
  • Employee training and on boarding functions
  • HR Management
  • Employee leave records and approval
  • Payroll Functions
  • Time and Labor
  • Integration with subsystems
Core HR Functions improved dramatically.
We have achieved outstanding efficiency in the area where functionality has been deployed. However, lot more functionality has not been deployed.
Read Nasir Mujawar's full review
Kaushik Dash profile photo
October 18, 2017

Oracle HCM Cloud: "HCM Review"

It was used for the entire organization. I was involved in the compliance reports and development of integration programs. I also trained the users about the system. I also used Data load to Oracle Data as a Cloud service through REST API. Also developed HR Dashboards on skill rating of the employees, analyzed employee voluntary departure reasons.
  • Data entry
  • User interface
  • Reporting & Dashboards
  • Data integration from non Oracle sources
  • Third party reporting like Tableau
  • Open data integration interface
Well suited for mid to large manufacturing organizations. The HCM technology market appears mature when viewed through the narrow lens most market observers apply today. You’d be hard-pressed to find an enterprise employer (5,000 employees or more) that has not adopted some form of core HR technology or services. It would also be a fair assessment to say that the battle for market share is over and a few vendors — ADP, Ceridian, Kronos, Oracle, SAP, and Workday but Oracle has an edge over the competition, for now.

Operational Efficiency has benefited from Oracle HCM because of:

• Deploying a single sign on solution that provides secure access to the cloud-based Oracle system and integrates with the bank’s new enterprise-wide sign on system
  • Integrating with ADP payroll systems via standard Oracle protocols versus more complex, customized approaches
Read Kaushik Dash's full review
January 11, 2018

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Life with Oracle HCM"

Oracle HCM Cloud is used internally within our Organization to support our HCM needs. Its used to capture our internal requirements on Absences, PMS, and Benefits.
  • Support provided by Oracle Team on the product is exemplary. The ETA for every issue raised is taken into consideration and support is provided quickly.
  • With working knowledge of on-premise application as well, I believe Oracle HCM caters services better and in a cost-effective way
  • With frequent upgrades that are being provided, we are able to compete and collaborate with latest technologies.
  • Data security is a major criteria for all the new users/buyers of cloud applications. I believe we haven't given enough confidence for people to work on cloud applications.
  • Development tools are not on par with technologies that are available today. And also key customization is not supported, which makes users switch completely from their local business process to standard business process. This makes the users nervous to adapt to cloud.
  • Better UI can be provided.
Oracle HCM cloud will be well suited for a mid-sized organization but an effort is not taken to deploy this for major organizations which use On-premise software to cater to their needs. Also, I believe we are concentrating more on HCM domains. But I believe it would be really a better option to concentrate more on the financial sector (FSCM modules) for Oracle Fusion.
Oracle HCM Cloud has increased the operational efficiency of our company. We have implemented various modules such as compensation, benefits, absence, performance management, core HR etc., which were previously used via different applications. We had too many teams to handle these applications, thus handling teams, data had become cumbersome. But with the Oracle HCM cloud solution, we were able to integrate everything into a single solution and we are effectively managing the business.
November 04, 2017

User Review: "Oracle HCM Cloud Changing lives"

It is being used globally as a single source of HR system. There are many benefits that we have realized / our customers see in this space:
- Move to CapEX spend
- Enhanced Mobility
- World Class Business process configurations
- Advanced UI and good process navigation
- Agile and flexible product capable of handling growing company requirements
  • Better Business Process
  • Advanced Analytics
  • Enhanced mobility features
  • Better cost solution
  • Payroll
  • Benefits module
  • Training and Learning application
[Oracle HCM Cloud is well suited] for small and mid sized customers looking to modernize their HR systems.
Yes it had greatly improved because of streamlining of processes. We have been able to use some of our HRIS in new areas.
October 24, 2017

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Enterprise Level Management Tool"

We used HCM Cloud in all University with campus solution.

It addressed HR, Time and labour, Student, Records
  • Oracle HCM Cloud integrated many Peoplesoft module with campus own solutions
  • We are one of largest customers for Oracle HCM Cloud and it can manage many users, areas efficiently and it is a robust systems.
  • Oracle HCM has good security model and managed the data securely.
  • Oracle HCM support many databases, platform.
  • Needs to have better disaster and recovery plan
It is well suited for large organizations.

It is not suite for small organizations because it is a very complicated system.
We are one of the largest Oracle HCM customers and it manages almost all of aspects of daily operations.

It has a huge impact on organization's efficiency, security and day to day work. University employees and students all rely it.
Rathna Natarajan, MS, SHRM-SCP, CCP, PMP profile photo
June 30, 2017

Oracle HCM Cloud: "HCM Cloud Review"

HCM Cloud is being implemented to eliminate all manual processes that are currently used by the organization. HCM Extracts provides an easier way to send files to different vendors. HCM and Taleo integrate all the different aspects of HR along with financials. HCM Cloud also avoids duplicate entries and maintenance of the same data in different systems. It is a one stop shop. OTBI Analysis is an easy tool to create ad-hoc reports. HCM Cloud is a good foundation system for any organization.
  • Any implementer can follow the required tasks that comes with the offering
  • Data imports and exports with Excel is very smooth
  • Forms and pages have best practice navigation
  • Better help examples
  • More scenario driven processes
  • More BI subject areas
Oracle HCM is very well suited for small to mid-size organizations. As long as customers use the out-of-the-box features, implementation is easy and quick. Oracle HCM cloud covers a lot of compliance and standard processes. The product works very well out of the box. If organizations want to customize heavily, then HCM Cloud requires good developers.
Eliminated a lot of manual processes.
Read Rathna Natarajan, MS, SHRM-SCP, CCP, PMP's full review
Kim Caveney profile photo
June 25, 2017

Oracle HCM Cloud: "Taleo - Enterprise Version 12C Review"

We currently use Taleo Recruiting for Hiring and applicant tracking, we also are using Transitions for Pre-Onboarding of our new hires. The system is used globally in 3 regions. We also utilize Taleo Performance for the annual performance review cycle for all employees globally. Reports pulled from Taleo are used in executive dashboards and other reports to the business leaders. Taleo currently allows us a one platform solution for recruiting and performance. We integrate our system with Oracle which we use for people management. Using the system for automation of HR processes has helped to make data more accessible and given the ability to do trend analysis.
  • Taleo is good at listening to their customers' needs and challenges. Knowledge Exchange is very helpful.
  • having the ability to customize the system to meet the customer needs is beneficial.
  • It provides global solutions to HR processes. Being able to contextualize based on location is essential due to country specific laws.
  • Taleo releases upgrades 3 times a year, making it very difficult to stay on the most recent version
  • Though customizable, many basic features are not available consistently throughout the different modules. Fields that may be available in recruiting are not available in Transitions
  • The system tends to run slow and users receive many errors. The system tends to time out without notifying the user first as it should.
Any company looking to implement an automated system would benefit from Taleo. However, always look 10 years down the road when selecting a product. As with all technologies, it is out of date as soon as you implement. You must be able to upgrade frequently in order to keep up with the bug fixes. Make sure the resources are available for this. Start simple and always take time to stabalize before going on to the next shiny thing.
Read Kim Caveney's full review
Xavier Williams profile photo
June 23, 2017

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Taleo Business Edition: The Most User Friendly ATS"

My organization uses Taleo in three different ways. The first is to post jobs to the company's internal and external job boards for online recruiting. Via the online recruiting center they provide, we are able to track applicants, efficiently manage the review, interview and hiring process and draft reports for multiple purposes.

The second function is management of the onboarding process for new hires at the company. Through this module, new employees complete all necessary paperwork to expedite their transition into their new role at the company.

The third function is management of the performance appraisal process for all employees. Through this module, hiring managers and their direct reports can quickly and efficiently complete annual performance appraisals.
  • Job Posting Management.
  • Onboarding.
  • Performance Appraisals.
  • User-friendly navigation and functions for applicants and hiring managers.
  • Customization.
  • The data reporting function can be improved such as allowing users to pull reports directly from the requisition or candidate matrix, versus having to enter the reporting section to pull that information.
  • The total number of employees that can be loaded into the Taleo system needs to be expanded. The current quota limit is a problem for large organizations.
  • The hiring center component should be configured to be compatible with all Web browsers opposed to just Internet Explorer and FireFox.
Taleo is very well suited for managing the recruiting, onboarding and performance management functions. The system is very user friendly and easy for applicants and hiring managers to navigate. The customizability of the system makes it ideal for organizations that have specific recruiting needs.

To successfully work with the system, companies should have a robust IT department in place and the most current computer and internet software. With those things in place, it will be easy to intergate the Taleo system with the technology of the company.
Read Xavier Williams's full review
Daniela Borruso profile photo
June 21, 2017

Oracle HCM Cloud: "Taleo Review from an Insurance Company prospective"

We use Taleo for recruiting and for on-boarding.

For recruiting, we feel that the system is efficient and easy to use. There are a few "behind the scenes" stuff that I wish I had time to learn and review but I don’t. Taleo has been very helpful with providing me assistance with these matters.

For On-boarding, we feel that the system can improve immensely. There are a lot of gaps in efficiency and I have to say, the system is not as user friendly we hoped, both on the user side and the employee side. There are a lot of improvements that need to be made.

Overall, I think Taleo is a great system and can be utilized to the best of its ability once certain system improvements have been made.
  • Taleo Recruit is easy to navigate
  • Taleo On-boarding speeds up the new hire on-boarding process
  • Reporting- Taleo can provide better reporting tutorials
  • On-boarding- the system needs several improvements
Read Daniela Borruso's full review
Job Horbeek profile photo
January 24, 2017

Oracle HCM Cloud Review: "Our Hybrid Model to Harmonize our Talent Processes and Employee Data"

We have set up a global HRIS system, in a hybrid model, using SAP HR as our system of record to capture our global master data across our countries and Fusion/Taleo as our systems to manage talent. We have done so to consolidate our global master data (which resided on local payrolls according to different data models and captured in varying local processes).

Global harmonization of core data and talent processes was the main benefit sought.

Oracle HCM Cloud is used to manage:

-talent acquisition
-performance management
-goal planning
-compensation management

We use both Taleo (recruitment, onboarding, performance management, goal planning) for core HR and workforce compensation. We also have set up OTBI on both Fusion and Taleo.
  • Workforce Intelligence
  • Compensation (which was the prime reason to select oracle)
  • Consulting
  • Exchange Data with other systems (FBL, HDML). Fusion is our slave platform for talent management, tapping data from SAP HR. The initial version of Fusion provided us with a file based loader to manage this data exchange. FBL was not only a very poor layer, but Fusion was not webservice enabled in that version. With the new version, some of the weakest points are overcome (webservice enabled, easier load with HDML). Still, data conversion capabilities are limited.
  • Support function. Fusion in the cloud is supported by a help desk. The help desk has been in overload for a significant period of time. The continuous release of new versions has sometimes resulted in long waiting times.
  • Taleo-Fusion Integration. Taleo and Fusion have some standard integration. But I would not recommend using Taleo Performance next to Fusion compensation. It is more effective to bring performance management and compensation together on Fusion.
I would definitely encourage positioning Fusion as a true system of record, while integrating local payroll using a stable and powerful middleware. Fusion is well suited for core HR data, performance management, and compensation. Recruitment and onboarding would well run on Taleo. I would not recommend a scenario where performance management is still on Taleo.
We have moved from an organization that had to consolidate master data every month from local payroll to an organization that runs its headcount with one click. We have moved from hundreds of compensation sheets to one unified compensation tool on a unified database. We have moved from a local recruitment and selection process to a global one. We have unified our performance management cross country.
Read Job Horbeek's full review

Employee demographic data (55)
Employment history (59)
Job profiles and administration (59)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (49)
Organizational charting (52)
Organization and location management (54)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (39)
Pay calculation (32)
Support for external payroll vendors (28)
Benefit plan administration (36)
Direct deposit files (30)
Salary revision and increment management (34)
Reimbursement management (26)
Approval workflow (37)
Balance details (37)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (36)
View and generate pay and benefit information (42)
Update personal information (47)
View company policy documentation (35)
Employee recognition (34)
View job history (48)
Tracking of all physical assets (24)
Report builder (51)
Pre-built reports (51)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (50)
New hire portal (51)
Manager tracking tools (48)
Corporate goal setting (40)
Individual goal setting (41)
Line-of sight-visibility (36)
Performance tracking (42)
Performance plans (47)
Performance improvement plans (43)
Review status tracking (46)
Review reminders (44)
Multiple review frequency (43)
Create succession plans/pools (36)
Candidate ranking (39)
Candidate search (41)
Candidate development (38)
Job Requisition Management (50)
Company Website Posting (49)
Publish to Social Media (46)
Job Search Site Posting (48)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (50)
Applicant Tracking (50)
Notifications and Alerts (49)

About Oracle HCM Cloud

Oracle HCM aims to go beyond the basics of HR. According to the vendor, an attractive UI, social, mobile, and reporting capabilities are now table stakes of every HR solution. Oracle HCM aims to allow its users to become strategic leaders of talent, by being engaging, informative, and adaptable.

Oracle HCM is a complete core HR and integrated talent management suite that includes the Oracle Taleo product. It is role-based for key stakeholders and supports the entire employee lifecycle from hire to retire. Benefits to organizations include: streamlining operations, aligning talent management to organizational needs and providing actionable insights to the C-suite.

Capabilities include:

• HCM capabilities that support the full HR lifecycle
  • Mobile, social and business intelligence capabilitiesv
  • A broader solution set that includes, ERP, financials, customer experience, project management, etc.
  • An enterprise-level cloud computing platform
  • Security, access control, development, deployment, storage, and content management capabilities

Oracle Talent Acquisition (Taleo) Reviews

Oracle HCM Cloud includes the Oracle Talent Acquisition module, which was previously known as Taleo. Many of the reviews of Oracle HCM Cloud are focused on the Taleo portion -- these reviews are marked as referring to the Taleo edition.

Oracle HCM Cloud Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle checks
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Has featureTracking of all physical assets
Does not have featureAsset issue and transfer management
Has featureAsset return
Does not have featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featureApplicant Tracking
Has featureNotifications and Alerts

Oracle HCM Cloud Screenshots

Oracle HCM Cloud Integrations

See Oracle partner listing at http://www.oracle.com/partners/index.html

Oracle HCM Cloud Competitors