From Zero to Hired!
December 03, 2015
From Zero to Hired!
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with HireVue
Our company has an extensive interview process including a phone screen and at least two in person interviews. This can prove to be a lengthy process and we found that we would often lose candidates along the way. We began using HireVue as a solution to expedite the interviewing process as candidates can perform the interview based on their schedule. It has been great for us so far! We've also received positive feedback from our candidates.
- The interface for both us and the candidates is very user friendly.
- We are able to upload videos of ourselves asking the questions which makes it a more human experience than just talking to a written question.
- We can have multiple people within our organization view and rate a candidate. HireVue even calculates all the data so we have a big picture of how the candidate rated overall.
- Some candidates have complained about not receiving the interview invitation from HireVue. We've had to resend a number of times, with most claiming that emails from HireVue ended up in their spam folder.
- HireVue has helped expedite our interview process exponentially.
- All of our employees hired in the last year have all gone through the HireVue platform and we have been happy with the results.
We use HiringThing to manage our job and candidate database. It pulls all the people that have applied through our company website, LinkedIn and job positing sites. Candidates from there that make it through our phone screen are then sent on to HireVue to complete the digital interview. As we use both services differently we don't really compare the two.
I think HireVue is a great tool for any business. However, I don't think it should be the only tool you use during the interview process. We start our process by having a quick phone conversation with the candidate to gauge their seriousness about the position. If we skip that part we often find that candidates dismiss the HireVue request wondering if it is a real person watching on the other end. Additionally, we always conduct an in person interview as the final step before being hired. However, the HireVue platform is great for narrowing it down to only our top candidates.