Hubspot will hold your hand, teach you the software, and send you off in a new direction - Inbound Marketing
- Hubspot account teams & consultants are top notch - they take the time to train you on the software and ensure that you are sent off in the right direction before getting into the software too deep
- Hubspot has a whole ton of features and a lot of fun bells and whistles - AND it is user friendly! Some of my favorite features are the page performance feature (breakdown of individual pages within your site and their search engine friendliness), tracking URL builder (it can be tough to follow multiple campaigns and sources, the tracking URL builder really helps!) and finally, the social monitoring tool (it's like hootsuite for your lead database!). Beginner's and experts can make use of the software and many of its features
- Hubspot's technical support team made it very quick and easy to get us set up - and if we ran into a problem, we found their support to be helpful and quick.
- I would advise Hubspot offering higher quality templates for landing pages. Without some basic programming, the templates provided are a little bit behind in design "fanciness" as compared to some I have seen.
- Allowed us to create a new database separate from that of our main larger database (ie a "niche" database) - as a higher education institution, our larger pool of inquiries (undergrad) should be separate from our adult continuing education database. Hubspot has allowed us to do that.
- Hubspot allows us to see the different touchpoints of an individual user within our website, allowing us to see exactly the path leads are taking in doing their research - very valuable information for us.
- Hubspot has helped us start to see the value of an inbound lead through blogging. We have begun a blogging program and inbound marketing program, and will continue to expand it as we see results.
As a smaller marketing department, any tools that make our lives a little bit easier are valuable - Hubspot has proven, over a year of use, to help us with efficiency and it is certainly yielding results. As we expand our marketing and "sales" outreach, we feel Hubspot will be a useful tool for tracking where leads are in our "sales funnel."
It is important for a colleague to understand WHY they are purchasing this product. They need to make sure that they intend to use it for its purpose - if you're just going to continue your old school way of marketing (banner ads, direct mail), Hubspot is not for you. But if you're willing to invest the time in trying a new way of attracting customers, Hubspot software and staff will hold your hand and send you in the right direction.