Overall Satisfaction with HubSpot CRM
I use HubSpot CRM as a tool to track leads and sales. In Retail, tracking the progress of deals and the activities related to those deals can be overwhelming once you have 50+ of those deals going at the same time. Then there's the outreach that you do for leads to generate new deals. There are a lot of tasks and activities that happen going into a sale and HubSpot has been very useful for managing all that information.
- Managing leads and the information you have collected for them
- Tracking the status of deals
- Organizing and scheduling tasks
- API integration for third-party tools
- Could have a better tutorial that goes more in-depth into customizing the crm
- Deeper integration with third-party tools
- More tools to organize notifications
- Shorter deal cycles because I can track the activities for each deal
- Helped me grow my sales portfolio
- Helped me focus my efforts and attention towards closing deals
There are a lot of tools provided to customize how the user can utilize HubSpot CRM. I especially like how you can fine-tune the search options to help you find anything you're looking for. I do wish that instead of loading a fresh page, there would be more pop-up or drop-down menu
Coordinating is very easy because you can just tag teammates in posts or you can send them information from inside a post. I love how sharing information is streamlined and simplified by HubSpot. Teammates can even send me whispers or bits of information while I'm on a call and need assistance
Do you think HubSpot CRM delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with HubSpot CRM's feature set?
Did HubSpot CRM live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of HubSpot CRM go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy HubSpot CRM again?
If you have an organization that has to manage a lot of information pertaining to leads and deals, then HubSpot is an excellent tool for your organization. If your business is smaller or less information-dense then it might not be as applicable. Although a tool that manages information is never really a bad thing