Overall Satisfaction with IBM Connections
IIUI uses IBM Connections and IBM Connections Cloud (IBM's hosted version) to share and store information with various other organizations. We use it extensively for the collaborative features and discussions that occur. The ability to memorialize thoughts and processes becomes invaluable later. The search and taxonomy related navigation provide strength to the way people, including myself, benefit from its use. The IBM Connections Cloud integration with other collaborative features, such as Instant Messaging, Web Conferencing, and E-mail, makes it a very useful tool.
- User Interface is consistent enough for people to figure out most apps
- Integration with other IBM services is excellent
- Price points are competitive
- User interface is IBM-centric and could be more intuitive for people used to an Apple or Microsoft UX
- Security for Files folders
- Better data import/export tools
- Microsoft Office365
IBM Connections Cloud is a strong competitor to Office365. It provides more functionality for users (e.g. web meetings) at a lower price point and tighter integration.