Overall Satisfaction with IBM Connections
Our professional services team uses IBM Connections to keep track of projects and documentation. Since we are a small team who all reside in different regions of the USA, IBM Connections provides a way for us to stay organized. Our team is also able to share documentation. This reduces the need for team members to request information from each other when we can get to it when we need it.
- IBM Connections provides anytime, anywhere access. Whether from a browser, mobile device, desktop plugins, or IBM Notes, you can access IBM Connections in the way that is convenient for you.
- The search functionality is extremely powerful! You can search across everything in the system or just specific sections.
- If you are unsure of WHO to ask about something in your organization, the Directory Tags and Search can put you in touch with just the right person.
- As one who not only uses but also implements the software, IBM could still do further streamlining of the product's installation routines. I have been working with the product since Version 1, and it has gotten somewhat better in general. But new add-on packages pose more problems with installations and upgrades.
- It would be nice to be able to more easily customize the interface. I would like it if IBM would provide less complicated CSS.
- There is also a common request from systems administrators to have a consistent web interface for managing the various parts of the environment.
- Faster access to up-to-date project information.
- Ability to see from bookmarks what external content may be helpful.
- Easy to assign Activity tasks to team members.
IBM Connections is possibly most suited for larger organizations where bigger teams are able to have more people to share with. Also, it may be less appropriate when there is so much security that it would hinder the anytime, anywhere access capabilities and prevent users from being able to enjoy sharing content with each other.