Overall Satisfaction with IBM Connections
IBM Connections is being used across the entire organization and is available to us on our internet browser via the cloud. IBM Connections is our tool to connect to each other and collaborate in a number of areas - project management, knowledge management, collaboration and sharing of ideas. Our company also is able to use email, calendars and virtual meeting rooms for communication.
- The virtual meeting room tool is reliable and easy to use.
- Email capability via the browser and not a client installed application.
- Calendars and meeting scheduling in IBM Connections. This is a one stop shop!
- Communities for sharing documents and knowledge has been one of the better features our company is adopting. Let's get out of file shares and Windows folders.
- Our company does not have the chat feature which would be helpful.
- The screens are not overly intuitive and require some tutorials or just plain discovery learning and trial and error.
- Browser-based so not sure all browsers are supported.
- Positive - Using IBM Connections has reduced the number of directories and file share repositories previously used for collaboration.
- Positive - The direction is to stop relying on email for the only method of communicating and sharing knowledge. IBM Connections is in the right step.
IBM Connections is a great one-stop shop for email, calendars, meeting rooms, and sharing documents and knowledge. I believe the academic setting would highly benefit from IBM Connections. The meeting room tool is great as it provides a pre-formatted meeting notes document that includes all participants who joined and detailed information like time and date of meeting. The template can then be tailored to suit the meeting room organizers' needs.