Solid system for basic recruiting
September 16, 2020
Solid system for basic recruiting
Kenworth Northeast/Hazmat EnvironmentalTransportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite
iCIMS is being used in both sister companies in all departments. It definitely helps to streamline processes. The added benefit of housing all applicants in one space that is easy to search is a plus! It could be a bit more user-friendly but otherwise an excellent system for applicant tracking and recruiting activities.
- Automatic notifications are easy to set up and edit.
- Ability to email within the platform is a plus.
- Highly configurable to your company's needs.
- Portal configuration could be more robust, have better creative options for designing your portal welcome page
- Auto-launch options could more clearly defined, they are difficult to set up.
- The social distribution could be more configurable as far as the ad content instead of a boring standard template; needs to have the capability to add graphics and images to create attractive ads for social media.
- Helped to speed the job creation and posting process
- Increased visibility into recruiting activities of managers--we can keep an eye on them and make sure they are completing tasks in a timely manner using notifications.
- Easy to access storage of all applicants, past and present
I was not involved in the decision-making process but I have researched other companies offering similar services and ATS platforms. I think Driver Reach, Tenstreet, and Find-A-Trucker Jobs might have been a more appropriate choice for the HazMat side due to the unique and complex nature of recruiting drivers, but otherwise, I think iCIMS has excellent capabilities and is more than functional for most companies that are not recruiting specialized positions.
When we first started with iCIMS, the support was amazing! Lightning fast and super helpful! Since the COVID pandemic hit, their support seems to have slowed almost to a halt. If you submit a help ticket, it can take days or even a whole week or more to get an initial response from anyone, and then it takes almost another week to get your issue resolve depending on the nature of the problem you are having. They need to make sure these help tickets are being addressed in a timely manner.
It could be a bit more user-friendly for the hiring managers and those folks that do not have much experience with systems like these. I feel like the design of it appears intimidating to them and they decide they don't know what to do even before they have tried anything. I think it might be nice to have a more basic platform as far as visual appearance and usability for regular users and save the "techie" platform for the admin users who are more likely to be well-trained in how to navigate the suite.
Do you think iCIMS Talent Cloud delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with iCIMS Talent Cloud's feature set?
Did iCIMS Talent Cloud live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of iCIMS Talent Cloud go as expected?
Would you buy iCIMS Talent Cloud again?
I think iCIMS is an excellent platform for most companies to use. However, it does have some limitations for one side of our business. The HazMat side, which deals mainly with hiring truck drivers, doesn't seem to get as good responses due to the fact that recruiting for trucking is a different animal than recruiting for most other positions. Trucking needs specialized advertising outlets that are not supported by iCIMS, and due to the lack of qualified applicants, we are now using an outside recruiting service to help us hit those targets in the places they are actively looking for jobs.
iCIMS Feature Ratings
Job Requisition Management
Company Website Posting
Publish to Social Media
Job Search Site Posting
Customized Application Form
Duplicate Candidate Prevention
Task Creation and Delegation
Notifications and Alerts