Overall Satisfaction with Intacct
Intacct was being used for all Accounting functions: AR/AP, financial reporting. Intacct interacted with Salesforce and kept all customer info up to date.
- The ease of use is probably one of my favorites.
- Another of my favorites is the dashboards and how easy it is to put a report on one and to make them look professional.
- The revenue recognition abilities is the main reason we purchased Intacct and the amount of time and the reduction of errors the system has saved us is priceless.
- If I could change something it would be to make Intacct more flexible.
- The other item I would say needs improvement is their Budget system.
- If you do a filter or a view and then edit and save an item then your view reverts back to the "all" view. This makes editing say a department very time consuming as you have to redo your filter every time you save.
- Adding notes to budget items would be helpful.
- Adding attachments to budget items would be helpful.
- Adding the ability to calculate numbers based on another account would be great.
- The ROI is the greatest impact, we were using Peachtree previously and had outgrown that product. Intacct gave us the ability to stop relying on spreadsheets to make our revenue recognition entries.
We were using QuickBooks and Intacct beats them hands down. In QuickBooks we had over 2000 GL accounts because each department/employee/customer you wanted to code something to had to be a GL account. In Intacct we have just over 250 accounts and unlimited dimensions.
There are outside systems but I prefer to use Intacct and its easy interface to do my budget and reporting. I think some small improvements would go a long way. It almost seems that the budgeting was left behind.
Three to four times a year, Intacct makes great improvements to the system and I cannot wait to see what is next.