We have setup a community on top of Jive platform for collaboration and crowdsourcing purposes. All employees of an organization can share their ideas towards a particular challenge, and the challenge owner can select the best idea from them. Apart from this, the community is also used for engaging with employees and others.
- Facebook connect can help to and fro communication from Facebook to the Jive community. Helps to engage with a large audience.
- Office integration helps users to collaborate on documents directly from Office itself. No need to login on community and share views.
- Project feature helps managers to track project management tasks.
- OOB Content types helps users to create all types of content in a community
- Jive allows customization for themes to change look and feel of a community websites. It also allows developers to create custom plug-ins, widgets and Jive apps.
- Creating custom content types is too complex in Jive.
- Challenge module is missing in Jive. Although it has an idea module but it needs to be enhanced to include crowdsourcing capabilities.
- Project is very good Jive feature.
- Improve employee engagement and collaboration.
- Challenges worth solving. User gets fast ideas for all challenges.
- Expedite customer service for external/customer care community.
Jive is very good tool but when their is a large number of members in a community, it affects cost which can make Jive a very costly product.