Overall Satisfaction with Progress Kendo UI
- Kendo Grid for presenting a timeline of research grants as they are being approved. Our users love the ability to export the data to various mime formats.
- Kendo Scheduler for presenting the upcoming calendar events in the available conference rooms in a building. This is used together with a 3rd party vendor API for appointment booking.
- Kendo Treeview is used to present a hierarchy of topics that our users can navigate through easily.
- Still some accessibility issues in some of the controls, we have to occasionally modify the markup to get past our accessibility requirements.
- One of our applications is providing complementary functionality to a major ERP system that is used system wide. One of the interfaces saves our fiscal officers between all the units several hundreds of hours each month.
Do you think Progress Kendo UI delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Progress Kendo UI's feature set?
Did Progress Kendo UI live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Progress Kendo UI go as expected?
Would you buy Progress Kendo UI again?
Highly scalable and easy to use, has superior quality updates when compared to other competing products. Documentation is easy to find and browse, has a large user community that contributes with examples and answers to questions.
Using Progress Kendo UI
- User interface design for web-based applications
- Custom reports
- Business Intelligence dashboards
- Creating custom dashboards for financial data.
- Using complex reporting scenarios that are built with very little maintenance.
- Highly customizable user interface interactions.
- Incorporating with the Microsoft Blazor framework for server-less applications.
- Designing custom applications for niche or gap areas not provided by other vendors.
- Building interfaces for the cloud-based ERP system in use at our organization.
Evaluating Progress Kendo UI and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
- Third-party Reviews
Prior experience with the vendor in a different position was the most important decision factor in purchasing the Kendo UI license.
Progress Kendo UI Implementation
Making sure to involve separation of concerns in the system design will make changes and customization to the existing templates easier.
Change management was minimal - Our application was built new to incorporate integration with a new ERP rollout. We did not update an existing system to use the Kendo UI suite. We worked with a user acceptance team to record any issues and manage change.
Progress Kendo UI Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - The extensive experience and our lessons learned log have allowed us to resolve problems on our own more quickly than in the past.
Yes - Yes, have had an issue where the quarterly update build produced some inconsistencies with one of our other libraries. Support was quick to provide an update that their team had a newer internal build which had already addressed this issue. We were able to replace the build in our development source and everything was resolved within one business day.
The situation which affected our development branch due to an inconsistency with our other styling library (Bootstrap) was resolved within one business day. The ease of setup for the Kendo suite and the guidance received from their support team was exceptional.
Using Progress Kendo UI
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Presenting data in a grid layout with full CRUD operations.
- Dashboards that refresh in a very responsive fashion due to their improved CSS.
- Ability to pass the data model from interface to controller in a consistent fashion accross the entire suite.
- On occasion, one could sigh with anxiety if performing a suite version update, though this has not been as much of an issue in the past few years.