Kentico CAN do!
December 08, 2017
Kentico CAN do!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Kentico
I use Kentico for my website which includes a custom searchable product database, a custom event submission & display page, newsletter sign-up forms, a blog, and various templates. It enables me to easily create and edit website content without requiring a web designer or web programmer.
- I love the intuitive top and left navigation within the content management platform. I can easily find what section, sub-section, and page I'm looking to edit
- For creating content, the WYSIWYG editor is so intuitive; it feels like you're working on an MS Word doc!
- The tab for adding metadata in simple fields takes away the headache of having to hunt and peck through code to add H1 tag, page description etc.
- The image library is easy to edit and manage
- Perhaps upgrade the dashboard's user interface to make it feel more like an app environment which is more modern and expected these days.
- The standard You-Tube widget doesn't always render correctly on mobile or desktop. not sure if this is the tool itself or the way the people who built out my site for me configured it
- Make it easier to add anchors to a page (i.e. when clicking a certain link it "jumps" to a specific part of a page) for a user that is not a programmer.
- Implementing Kentico has allowed us to deploy a robust content marketing strategy
- We're now able to share our in-house knowledge and expertise on our website and have a digital "home" we are proud to be the first stop in our customer's journey
- We are now considered one of the leaders in the digital marketing space in our industry
- .asp and .net platforms
We researched .asp and .net platforms and for our company's needs (we do not do e-commerce) Kentico was the best overall fit and value.
Well suited for marketers that do not have in-house web programming or web designing resources available. Less appropriate for people that aren't computer savvy (i.e. don't know how to use basic programs like email, Excel, PowerPoint) or for those who are not detail-oriented because if you skip certain steps when adding/editing content, your webpage won't render correctly and/or create negative impact for search engine optimization without you knowing it.