Kissmetrics is much easier to implement than other providers and gives your control of your aggregation unlike Google Analytics
Overall Satisfaction with Kissmetrics
We use Kissmetrics to track user behavior within our website, mobile apps and inside of our API.
- Easy to implement tracking within the API so that you don't use too much dev time on tracking users instead of developing the product itself.
- You can add properties to the events so that you can enrich the data you are collecting later.
- Lots of help within the community and tools that are available, such as statistical significance calculator.
- The reports on the website are quite basic, you can only subset by one property and filter by on property at a time
- The numbers take a while to settle. Because of the sheer amount of events hitting the platform it can take a day or so for the number to be static between days.
- Live feature is very hard to use for testing, if you could filter out the feed by IP address that would be excellent!
- Better understanding of customer behavior
- Better use of dev time
Much easier to implement with Kissmetrics and/or the others don't let you customise your events to the same extent without hardcoding events into the website.
If there could be some kind of margin of error visibility so that you know how well to trust the exact numbers that would be great.