- A/B Multivariate testing, conversion rates of campaigns
- Simple and easy to use UX
- Setting up goals and events
- First time setup is time-consuming, should be improved upon.
- Lacking support and documentation.
- Some experiment reporting requires the user to be very tech savvy.
- Planning and implementing campaigns, A/B testing, conversion rates measurement
- Very useful by mid sized company (client), easy to deploy, setup and get quick reports
- Sales funnel reports with zoom-in ability by analyzing the root causes for customer behavior
- Integration with other tools - when an "online" or "near-online" integration is required the tool does not cope. You can always export data to JSON etc. and load them into a second system, but this is not a viable solution for many business applications.
- UI - the user interface is not very user-friendly, it is not always very intuitive.
- Engagement scenario planning
- A/B testing
- Simple and easy to use conversion rates analysis
- Finding possible root cause or touch points where the web or mobile front-end can do better
- After getting used to "what means what" in the interface, it is quick to accomplish tasks within Kissmetrics
- When the customers clear the cookies between visits, it is impossible to recognize they are returning visitors, not new ones. There are ways how to keep the digital signature, but this is implicitly not allowed without a consent of the client (neither here, nor by Google etc.). An analyst needs to recognize returning clients, from really new clients to the site. There should be some legal way how to overcome this "deleted cookies" issue, but it is not available here
- KM provides granularity of all information, performance can be checked in near real time.
- The interface is clean, intuitive, and easy to navigate.
- KM pulls data and refreshes itself which removes the manual work alternative platforms require.
- The various reports types and how to use them can be unintuitive and confusing to new users; in addition, the reports can take awhile to load and they can also be difficult to customize.
- It should easier than it is to modify the underlying data so that users could easily remove test traffic and robot clicks to gain more accurate information.
- KM lacks automatic event tracking, if you've forgotten to add an event, it doesn't pull data retroactively.
When it comes to needing to generate low-level, customized reports, we find it easier to rely on other solutions the provide better functionality and more features.
- Very simple UX for non tech professionals
- Keeps the important metrics front and center with daily summaries
- Easy to integrate with minimal burden on systems
- Would love to be able to drill down on the data more (once it's available).
- Tracking Event Data.
- Debugging Implementation Issues/Verifying the implementation is doing well.
- Always adding new features.
- The interface is really cumbersome especially for basic tracking of just specific events over time by property.
- Because it's an event driven system there is no way to modify events in the past. For example if you are selling products and returning products there is no easy way to just look at the orders that were not returned.
- I wish the data export was more real time then the batch transfer to S3.
4) What is the pay-back period for a tool like this? It's hard to calculate but see how many events you are sending and the types of analytics Kissmetrics can do over a data warehouse.
Review: "Kissmetrics is much easier to implement than other providers and gives your control of your aggregation unlike Google Analytics"
- Easy to implement tracking within the API so that you don't use too much dev time on tracking users instead of developing the product itself.
- You can add properties to the events so that you can enrich the data you are collecting later.
- Lots of help within the community and tools that are available, such as statistical significance calculator.
- The reports on the website are quite basic, you can only subset by one property and filter by on property at a time
- The numbers take a while to settle. Because of the sheer amount of events hitting the platform it can take a day or so for the number to be static between days.
- Live feature is very hard to use for testing, if you could filter out the feed by IP address that would be excellent!
Kissmetrics is an important piece of our overall data gathering and analysis tools. :)
- Simple API.
- Good and concise documentation for development.
- Stable and reliable service.
- Interface for different environments can be confusing sometimes.
- Some analytics can be hard to configure the first time.
- First time on the site experience can be better for newcomers.
- Generating custom reports
- Daily email snapshots of key metrics
- Separation of prod vs pre-prod environments
- Company seems to be broadening scope to more than just metrics, it's unclear if these capabilities will be useful
- The more events you track and properties you send along, the more you can see how specific users use your product/service. The user based timeline gives you a perfect start point to get in touch with users, because you can see where they get stuck.
- Tracking your traffic sources and how they influence conversions is awesome. You can get a perfect view of how much a traffic source contributes to revenue.
- Funnel reports give you more insights into micro and macro conversion steps and give you actionable data to work with.
- Customer support!
- Integrations with CRM
- Google Mobile Ads tracking (we're driving signups through mobile display ads to our app on Google play, and cannot identify traffic source in KM). Mobile search and desktop ads are tracked perfectly
- Mail integration to send e-mails from KM to users
- Figuring out which campaigns brought which visitors to the site.
- Which buttons and areas of the site were clicked on
- Where are we losing potential customers
- Better documentation and tutorials, perhaps.
Review: "KissMetrics is one of the most advanced analytics tools in the market today and for years to come!"
- You will get better data from your users than any other tracking platform out there.
- The data visualization tools are amazing!
- You will make better data decisions with KissMetrics!
- The price can be a little high for a bootstrapping startup but worth it.
- You're going to have to be more tech savvy to setup more advance experiments.
- You might have more data than you need.
- Tracking of behavior of users
- Tracking sources of different marketing campaigns and what those users do once they get to your sight
- Daily, easy to read reports to keep metrics top of mind
- On boarding, the videos and resources were good but in my opinion not adequate for the depth that KissMetrics offers
- Funnels could use some explanation, in that it's not immediately clear how you can build them to your exact needs, it can be very one dimension and not elastic to fit other things
- Within funnel reports, the use and display of properties from events is very weird. It took us a while to figure out what the property stats were actually saying.
We are able to use KISSmetrics to do a better job at tracking the profitability on our marketing channels. I am still getting to know the capabilities of what KISS can really do but we've already found ways to improve our spend, and the tool easily pays for itself.
My experience so far as made me a huge fan of KISS and I am working on incorporating the tool into the site of a music label, and a B2B lead generation site. I can't wait to see the results there as well.
- Link KISSmetrics to your email marketing to measure ROI
- Use KISSmetrics to judge the effectiveness of your content strategy (blog, social)
- I'm still new to the product, so my primary challenge so far has been the learning curve. Kiss metrics is powerful and as a result, there is a lot to learn. To be honest it can feel a little overwhelming when you first get started. My only suggestion is to make the on-boarding and learning process easier for newbies like me. :)
- Excellent Customer Service
- Supportive blogs and resources
- Realistic data assessments
- The price per month is expensive for smaller businesses, but is worth it in order to grow and understand your customers.
- KISSmetrics was one of the first analytics platforms to really focus their attention on individual visitors rather than page views.
- I use it on a daily basis, and it informs nearly everything I do in terms of outreach to users. Have they used my company's product? How much? When? Where have they traveled on my website?
- Not much, though the price can be a bit too high for some businesses.
- Setting up configuration and on boarding may be challenging at first.
- Helps identify cohorts and the lifetime value of particular cohorts.
- Helps us understand what individual customers are having trouble with our system so we can give proactive customer support.
- Helps us identify issues with the onboarding experience.
- Lower priced plans.
- KISSmetrics did Funnel Analysis really well. Unlike Google Analytics, the admin does not need to predefine the funnel paths and can change funnel paths on the fly. This is very useful because the admin does not always know which path would they be most interested in.
- KISSmetrics also does tracking of individual users really well. It is able to tie user visits to your website from before the user registers. It is also able to track user visits on different browsers and devices.
- KISSmetrics customer support is incredible. Each time we had an issue, they would quickly hop on a call and provide all the necessary information and detailed responses.
- KISSmetrics admin tools' user experience is extremely intuitive. Even for non-technical audiences, it is very easy to learn and start using.
- At the time I used KISSmetrics, I was not able to use the user segmentation functionality very easily.
- The API level integration between KISSmetrics and any metrics that the business may be capturing was available, but did not support all features.
- What is the level of expertise of the admin using the tool?
- What features are most important to you?
- Do you care most for webview or number of actual people using your service?
- Do you know in advance what metrics you will be most interested in?
- KISSmetrics provides a concise summary of website visitors
- KISSmetrics shows the activity of website users
- KISSmetrics allows for analysis to be conducted on website usage patterns over time
- KISSmetrics is difficult to navigate as the layout is too basic to function well.
- It is inconvenient to take the results of KISSmetrics and then copy and paste data out in order to create a usable and viewer-friendly summary.
- KISSmetrics could improve upon the aesthetics of their site.
- The URL API, when combined with reports and people search, is very powerful. It allows you to create and track a virtually unlimited number of cohorts using property and event tracking.
- Live view is fantastic for a bird's eye view of what's going on with your users in real-time. We use this often to test our funnels and make sure things are indeed tracking, and that it's set up in a way that is actually helpful to us.
- Kissmetrics support is bar none– they're friendly and speak in terms that even the most novice of users can follow.
- Click-to-track makes it virtually fool-proof to specify events and actions to track, without having to figure out any complicated coding.
- In-app reports are often not quite "enough" as is. Kissmetrics lacks secondary/tertiary sort of filter functions that let the user distill the collected information in a useful way on-screen. What we sometimes have to do is export reports and use functions within Excel to get the data view that is useful for us.
- We've gotten some conflicting advice about whether or not the ideal identity to use is an email address or some other unique identifier, and that has made implementation/reporting more confusing.
- Kissmetrics does not track or provide demographic or location data by default.
- It's certainly not an inexpensive service, so it may be cost prohibitive for smaller, bootstrapped startups to get started with it.
- What am I looking to track?
- Do I need to be able to track demographic/location data, or do I already have another solution in place?
- Am I or is my team comfortable using software with advanced features?
- Am I or is my team comfortable spending time configuring what we need to in order to make Kissmetrics track what we want? This includes hooking kissmetrics up to 3rd party APIs like Stripe, for example.
- Excellent at tracking lead attribution, so you can see exactly what source people came from (organic, ppc, etc.) with name, address, and other info of those individuals.
- Highly customizable reports: can filter by sources, form field attributes, etc.
- High learning curve: it's not immediately straightforward how to implement for your specific use case.
- Reports are limited in number of fields you can include (although this has improved).
- Dashboard has a limited timeframe.
Kissmetrics Scorecard Summary
Kissmetrics aims to help companies get, keep and grow more customers with its customer engagement automation. This solution includes behavioral analytics, segmentation and email campaign automation all in one place.
The vendor says Kissmetrics helps companies deeply understand and uniquely engage each customer from prospect to advocate. Additionally, the vendor says their solution is built to help marketers and product teams increase conversions, engagement, and retention over the entire lifespan of a customer.
|Growth||$500||Monthly Tracked People|
|Power||$850||Monthly Tracked People|
|Enterprise||Custom||Monthly Tracked People|
What are Monthly Tracked People? Monthly Tracked People are unique visitors that engage in an Event on your website or with your product, that gets tracked by you in Kissmetrics. Monthly Tracked People can be anonymous or identified.
Kissmetrics Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||30%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
Kissmetrics Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Kissmetrics Technical Details
|Supported Languages: ||English|