Reviews (1-25 of 44)
It would be hard to list all the ways we currently use Kissmetrics and how it has revolutionized our marketing efforts--but a small taste of what we the platform for is:
- Tracking leads and demos from content and social media (this works perfect and has allowed us to nimbly change content strategies and social posts to hit on topics that provide the best return.
- Tracking how event leads interact with our website after an event (this is something that I came up with and surprised even our Kissmetrics account rep).
- Track account-based marketing leads and sees if our offline efforts get them to our website.
- Track website popup performance.
- Track desktop and mobile sessions for a single user.
- Provide high-level detail on how different user-defined funnels are performing.
- Ease of install--seriously, most people can easily install the tracking code themselves and have this running in minutes.
- Installing.... yes this is also a negative. While you can install and have the program running in minutes, if you use Unbounce, the form tracking process is quite complicated!
- Updates... I feel like the product updates have slowed a lot lately. Thankfully, the product functionality is so amazing that it hasn't impeded the use of it. However, it is still disappointing to see less frequent software updates.
- Occasionally clunky UI... there are a few reports that are really easy to mess up and leave you scratching your head on why it isn't showing you any data.
On the other hand--if you have no technical expertise or knowledge of viewing data, then Kissmetrics may prove a bit difficult for you to set up and manage.
- Setup is easy
- They show you examples of what your "pop-up" will look like as you type the content in
- You can personalize the pop-ups to fit your brand
- You are able to measure how effective the paths you set up are
- I would like to be able to schedule an update to the wording so that it doesn't get stale
- I'd like more freedom with the design/look/shape of the pop up
- It can be difficult to manage several accounts under one username
- Great features to track user journey/path
- Extensive data and insights are provided by the tool
- Sales funnel reports are easy to understand
- Great visualization and configuration options
- The implementation isn't as easy as other analytics tools and the documentation is a bit confusing
- Limited integration capabilities
- Expensive, hence difficult to implement and maintain for early stage startups
- High learning curve
- The extensive data is great for really understanding your website users.
- Easy to see the exact flow that your users follow and can give insight on where you can improve.
- Extensive report data, and you can really dig down to find just about any information.
- The cost is really not affordable for a small business or startup, but if you can budget it, the data is invaluable.
- No graphical outputs-- it would be nice to have graphs for those clients that are more visual.
- Bit of a learning curve if you're not already familiar with data it provides and how to use it.
- Planning and implementing campaigns, A/B testing, conversion rates measurement
- Very useful by mid sized company (client), easy to deploy, setup and get quick reports
- Sales funnel reports with zoom-in ability by analyzing the root causes for customer behavior
- Integration with other tools - when an "online" or "near-online" integration is required the tool does not cope. You can always export data to JSON etc. and load them into a second system, but this is not a viable solution for many business applications.
- UI - the user interface is not very user-friendly, it is not always very intuitive.
- Engagement scenario planning
- A/B testing
- Simple and easy to use conversion rates analysis
- Finding possible root cause or touch points where the web or mobile front-end can do better
- After getting used to "what means what" in the interface, it is quick to accomplish tasks within Kissmetrics
- When the customers clear the cookies between visits, it is impossible to recognize they are returning visitors, not new ones. There are ways how to keep the digital signature, but this is implicitly not allowed without a consent of the client (neither here, nor by Google etc.). An analyst needs to recognize returning clients, from really new clients to the site. There should be some legal way how to overcome this "deleted cookies" issue, but it is not available here
- KM provides granularity of all information, performance can be checked in near real time.
- The interface is clean, intuitive, and easy to navigate.
- KM pulls data and refreshes itself which removes the manual work alternative platforms require.
- The various reports types and how to use them can be unintuitive and confusing to new users; in addition, the reports can take awhile to load and they can also be difficult to customize.
- It should easier than it is to modify the underlying data so that users could easily remove test traffic and robot clicks to gain more accurate information.
- KM lacks automatic event tracking, if you've forgotten to add an event, it doesn't pull data retroactively.
When it comes to needing to generate low-level, customized reports, we find it easier to rely on other solutions the provide better functionality and more features.
- A/B Multivariate testing, conversion rates of campaigns
- Simple and easy to use UX
- Setting up goals and events
- First time setup is time-consuming, should be improved upon.
- Lacking support and documentation.
- Some experiment reporting requires the user to be very tech savvy.
- Very simple UX for non tech professionals
- Keeps the important metrics front and center with daily summaries
- Easy to integrate with minimal burden on systems
- Would love to be able to drill down on the data more (once it's available).
- Tracking Event Data.
- Debugging Implementation Issues/Verifying the implementation is doing well.
- Always adding new features.
- The interface is really cumbersome especially for basic tracking of just specific events over time by property.
- Because it's an event driven system there is no way to modify events in the past. For example if you are selling products and returning products there is no easy way to just look at the orders that were not returned.
- I wish the data export was more real time then the batch transfer to S3.
4) What is the pay-back period for a tool like this? It's hard to calculate but see how many events you are sending and the types of analytics Kissmetrics can do over a data warehouse.
- Easy to implement tracking within the API so that you don't use too much dev time on tracking users instead of developing the product itself.
- You can add properties to the events so that you can enrich the data you are collecting later.
- Lots of help within the community and tools that are available, such as statistical significance calculator.
- The reports on the website are quite basic, you can only subset by one property and filter by on property at a time
- The numbers take a while to settle. Because of the sheer amount of events hitting the platform it can take a day or so for the number to be static between days.
- Live feature is very hard to use for testing, if you could filter out the feed by IP address that would be excellent!
Kissmetrics is an important piece of our overall data gathering and analysis tools. :)
- Simple API.
- Good and concise documentation for development.
- Stable and reliable service.
- Interface for different environments can be confusing sometimes.
- Some analytics can be hard to configure the first time.
- First time on the site experience can be better for newcomers.
- Generating custom reports
- Daily email snapshots of key metrics
- Separation of prod vs pre-prod environments
- Company seems to be broadening scope to more than just metrics, it's unclear if these capabilities will be useful
- The more events you track and properties you send along, the more you can see how specific users use your product/service. The user based timeline gives you a perfect start point to get in touch with users, because you can see where they get stuck.
- Tracking your traffic sources and how they influence conversions is awesome. You can get a perfect view of how much a traffic source contributes to revenue.
- Funnel reports give you more insights into micro and macro conversion steps and give you actionable data to work with.
- Customer support!
- Integrations with CRM
- Google Mobile Ads tracking (we're driving signups through mobile display ads to our app on Google play, and cannot identify traffic source in KM). Mobile search and desktop ads are tracked perfectly
- Mail integration to send e-mails from KM to users
- Figuring out which campaigns brought which visitors to the site.
- Which buttons and areas of the site were clicked on
- Where are we losing potential customers
- Better documentation and tutorials, perhaps.
- You will get better data from your users than any other tracking platform out there.
- The data visualization tools are amazing!
- You will make better data decisions with KissMetrics!
- The price can be a little high for a bootstrapping startup but worth it.
- You're going to have to be more tech savvy to setup more advance experiments.
- You might have more data than you need.
- Tracking of behavior of users
- Tracking sources of different marketing campaigns and what those users do once they get to your sight
- Daily, easy to read reports to keep metrics top of mind
- On boarding, the videos and resources were good but in my opinion not adequate for the depth that KissMetrics offers
- Funnels could use some explanation, in that it's not immediately clear how you can build them to your exact needs, it can be very one dimension and not elastic to fit other things
- Within funnel reports, the use and display of properties from events is very weird. It took us a while to figure out what the property stats were actually saying.
We are able to use KISSmetrics to do a better job at tracking the profitability on our marketing channels. I am still getting to know the capabilities of what KISS can really do but we've already found ways to improve our spend, and the tool easily pays for itself.
My experience so far as made me a huge fan of KISS and I am working on incorporating the tool into the site of a music label, and a B2B lead generation site. I can't wait to see the results there as well.
- Link KISSmetrics to your email marketing to measure ROI
- Use KISSmetrics to judge the effectiveness of your content strategy (blog, social)
- I'm still new to the product, so my primary challenge so far has been the learning curve. Kiss metrics is powerful and as a result, there is a lot to learn. To be honest it can feel a little overwhelming when you first get started. My only suggestion is to make the on-boarding and learning process easier for newbies like me. :)
- Excellent Customer Service
- Supportive blogs and resources
- Realistic data assessments
- The price per month is expensive for smaller businesses, but is worth it in order to grow and understand your customers.
- KISSmetrics was one of the first analytics platforms to really focus their attention on individual visitors rather than page views.
- I use it on a daily basis, and it informs nearly everything I do in terms of outreach to users. Have they used my company's product? How much? When? Where have they traveled on my website?
- Not much, though the price can be a bit too high for some businesses.
- Setting up configuration and on boarding may be challenging at first.
- Helps identify cohorts and the lifetime value of particular cohorts.
- Helps us understand what individual customers are having trouble with our system so we can give proactive customer support.
- Helps us identify issues with the onboarding experience.
- Lower priced plans.
Kissmetrics Scorecard Summary
Kissmetrics aims to help companies get, keep and grow more customers with its customer engagement automation. This solution includes behavioral analytics, segmentation and email campaign automation all in one place.
The vendor says Kissmetrics helps companies deeply understand and uniquely engage each customer from prospect to advocate. Additionally, the vendor says their solution is built to help marketers and product teams increase conversions, engagement, and retention over the entire lifespan of a customer.
|Growth||$500||Monthly Tracked People|
|Power||$850||Monthly Tracked People|
|Enterprise||Custom||Monthly Tracked People|
What are Monthly Tracked People? Monthly Tracked People are unique visitors that engage in an Event on your website or with your product, that gets tracked by you in Kissmetrics. Monthly Tracked People can be anonymous or identified.
Kissmetrics Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||30%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
Kissmetrics Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Kissmetrics Technical Details