Overall Satisfaction with Laserfiche
I installed Laserfiche for a government department for the state of Illinois. The department was looking for a way to digitally organize several shelves worth of paperwork that caused the department to become backlogged for several months with the tedious process of manually processing forms. Laserfiche was installed to take an entire stack of forms in the packet, recognize the type of form, look to specific areas for verification and instructions to which folder to forward next for review and approval. A process that normally took several days to do by hand took just a few hours and the department was able to catch up on their backlog because of Laserfiche's efficient process. The implementation only took a couple of days of tweaking and after that, everything ran smoothly. I would recommend Laserfiche for fast, secure and efficient electronic filing.
- Recognizing certain areas of forms via OCR.
- Filing forms in their proper locations upon recognition.
- Keeping security on specific documents.
- The only criticism I have its that you must have a very high powered PC to process events. The packages that we processed sometimes took several minutes to run through all the procedures.
- Not/Applicable - wasn't my business
Laserfiche is well suited for work flow that requires approvals to move to a final published destination.