Overall Satisfaction with Later
We currently use Later to schedule content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. We also use the software as a media repository, where we can all quickly grab images and videos using the mobile app. The software is used among our marketing team but has been recommended during marketing training to third-party social media users.
- Later's easy upload feature (drag and drop) is incredibly helpful, especially for multiple images and videos.
- The drag and drop option for scheduling content is easy, and images and videos load rather quickly depending on size.
- Captions can be saved if there are posts or common phrases that repeated and shared out from the content.
- If they would include LinkedIn scheduling, this tool would eliminate me having to use another tool.
- Due to Instagram's API, user tags can't be saved or stored, so this is a drawback, but after working with their free technical support, we found a workaround that makes sense.
- Scheduling Instagram stories is incredibly hard since the space to do so is very small, and since you can't see your image or video name, so similar images can get mixed up.
- Using Later, the labor required to schedule posts on each platform has dramatically decreased.
- Additionally, using the software has allowed on the go posting using the mobile app. This is a huge advantage, particularly if you forget to post, or don't want to email yourself multiple photos. You can drop them all in Later, and save them to your phone.
- We've also been able to increase the number of posts we share per week across platforms since the scheduling is so simple.
Later is very affordable and kind of a hidden gem. While Sprout Social provides analytics that Later doesn't have, that's not a feature we were looking for. Multiple users do not cost extra money and the number of posts you get based on your plan is more than enough even if you were to post five times a day.
Given the scale of the software, there is not immediate technical support. Instead, you submit your question via chat, and they respond within 24 - 48 hours. While I have never run into an immediate need for help, this might be a concern for others. The follow up though is thorough and gives you a chance to have a further dialogue if you have further questions.
Do you think Later delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Later's feature set?
Did Later live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Later go as expected?
Would you buy Later again?
Later is great for not only small and large businesses, but also for influencers who want a curated feed that they can easily auto-publish. If you need to tag your Instagram photos on a consistent basis, that might be a struggle, but in general, for the minimal cost and features, Later is well worth the cost. Additionally, their technical support takes 24-28 hours to respond to via chat, but it's within the software so it's very simple.