Lessonly truly gets it!
December 03, 2019
Lessonly truly gets it!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Lessonly
We are currently using Lessonly as our Primary LMS. We have only kicked it off on a trial basis for refresher customer service training but are in the trenches for content creation. Since content creation, at least initially, has primarily been me, it has been quite the process. We intend to use this as our onboarding LMS as well as a way to kick off policy changes and new material. We also intend to use it as a space to house our development/ career paths and a mentorship program. We intend to use it across the entire organization. As a training department of one with 9 physical locations across Indiana and Ohio, the main business problem it addresses is that it will hopefully eliminate travel time for me as well as provide a way to consistently train and track feedback.
- Marketing and branding- Check out a Yellowship Conference. They have that whole thing nailed down to a science. And they think of everything. From branded Aspirin to water bottles to cookies. It was all so sharp looking and cohesive.
- Appealing to a younger market - They are a young, hip company that draws young talent. Their customer service is amazing and their communication strategy really speaks to the younger workforce. They get it!
- Clear consistent communication - They get to the point!
- Easy to use - Their software is very intuitive and easy to use.
- They host super fun events for prospective clients!
- You can tell their leadership truly cares about their team and the work they are doing!
- Add a spell check.
- The ability to upload a document. I would really love to be able to track credentials that are outside of Lessonly, so if I could simply have a tech upload a certification, it would allow me to house everything in one place. Seems like a simple fix, but maybe not.
- More fun events for current users outside of Yellowship.
- Partner with TrueU or make it so that users of TrueU can easily house content in Lessonly.
- ROI - We haven't seen this yet but hope to as we roll it out next year
- Hopefully this will lead to saved money for travel expenses and training costs
- It has forced me as a trainer to take all of the knowledge i have and put it into a digital format.
Their customer service team is amazing! Joana, Collin, and Hannah are always quick to reply and help get me the answers I need. And they are super personable when you meet them in person. I love that they care about making sure we find solutions to the problems together.
We ended up choosing Lessonly because of three things. They were local, their approach to addressing the millennial workforce, and the easy use of their system. Their wining and dining, in the beginning, didn't hurt and Bryce Pierson was a great salesman. We almost didn't choose Lessonly because of the cost but ended up deciding it was a risk we were willing to take. We are hoping it pays off.
Lessonly is great for quick, digestible learning topics like "how to take a lead", "how to navigate a website", and customer service training. Lessonly is great as a supplement to actual practice when it comes to tactical training. For example, we train project managers in construction. It is a great tool to use as a jumping-off point but then someone needs to go out and physically train them on how to do their job.