Litmos- A Great LMS for a Growing Company
March 31, 2017
Litmos- A Great LMS for a Growing Company
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Litmos
Currently, we use Litmos across our whole organization. We use it primarily during our onboarding process of new employees. Litmos helps us deploy our product training, as well training customized to individual departments. We also use the software to send up new training courses on updated software or internal policies. Litmos reporting helps us ensure departmental and individual compliance with training, as well as identify areas of improvement. The tool has allowed us to streamline our training and onboarding process so that our employees are ready to contribute much faster than they was previously possible. One of the best things about Litmos is that individual departments are able to create content together and store it in a central location. This has enabled departments to become more collaborative and stop working in silos, duplicating efforts.
- The user experience (from the learner's view) is very good. The tiles display nicely and the system is intuitive to use.
- The system is able to be branded so that it matches our company's own software, making it feel like it is more part of our organization.
- We love that Litmos is cloud based, allowing our employees to access the software anywhere our employees have access to the internet. It even has a decent mobile app (for the end users).
- The Admin experience isn't quite as good as the learner's experience. The software has seen a lot of dramatic improvements over the last two years, but there still seems to be more "clicking" to get to some of the areas within the system.
- The course creation process could be a little better. It is very easy to actually package the content into courses and learning paths. The problem is where you actually write in the individual modules. There is no built in spell check (at least that I have seen). The window to copy the text into is small. We have started creating our content outside of Litmos and then pasting it into the course. This has been very effective for our organization.
- I wish that custom reports could be shared with other users inside of the system, instead of having to be exported and then shared.
- Litmos has helped us scale departments faster by allowing new employees to individually learn the material that does not require face-to-face contact.
- LItmos has helped ensure consistency in our brand messaging across departments because everyone has access to the same training material.
- Litmos has helped with accountability with employee performance. The reports show who has completed the training, as well as how long they spent on each module. When we see individuals failing courses we can go back and audit the time they spent reviewing the material.
Before deciding to use Litmos, we were using a platform called Lesson.ly. Lesson.ly was a good platform for a good price, but at the time they did not have the features that we required. We have also compared Litmos to another LMS called Bridge. While Bridge had a lot of very attractive features, Litmos ended up being the best fit for our organization for a few reasons. One of the main was the ability to have quiz/test questions that required an open-ended response. Open-ended questions allow us to evaluate employee's writing style, as well as get deeper into how they would respond to a complex situation when actually interacting with a customer.
Litmos is perfect for organizations that are starting to develop a training program. It is very easy to create courses/learning paths and roll the content out. It has helped our organization scale our training much faster than without software. If your company has a lot of face-to-face training time, this can help you leverage your time in a more efficient way. We try and take the "flipped classroom" approach to training. We assign content in Litmos to our new employees. After they have completed the training, we hold a series of face-to-face meetings to reinforce the content and answer additional questions. Doing training this way has made the face-to-face conversations more meaningful.