Overall Satisfaction with LogMeIn Rescue
LogMeIn Rescue is used to support remote employees with IT related issues. The IT department is the sole user of the program but it's used to support employees in all departments. LogMeIn Rescue allows us to be very flexible with our support options and support people without worrying about geographic restrictions or a specific OS.
- The software is very easy to use. Sending someone a LogMeIn Rescue link to provide support is very straightforward.
- The software compatibility is great. It supports a wide array of browsers and operating systems allowing us to support more people.
- The software uses a low amount of bandwidth so it's great for people with mobile data or slow connections.
- The software could use a UI refresh. Some of the buttons and menus seem a bit outdated, but this doesn't impact the usability.
- I wish there were more automated actions that could be performed by the software. There could be built in tools for system restore, boot issues, etc.
- LogMeIn Rescue gives us great flexibility with our support objectives. We don't use it as our primary remote access tool but knowing that we have it at our disposal is very important for users without LogMeIn Pro installed.
- Before using LogMeIn Rescue, support was done over the phone for remote employees and it's lead to a much faster response/fix time for issues.
- I believe LogMeIn Rescue has improved our customer service and given much more flexibility in our support options as well.
- LogMeIn Rescue serves a specific purpose very well. That is, supporting people remotely when you don't manage their hardware.
The only previous product we used before LogMeIn Rescue for this type of support situation, we would use Remote Desktop through Windows. This option is severely limited and didn't allow us to support remote users or those with different operating systems. LogMeIn Rescue auto configures the setup and makes connections quick and easy.
There are a great deal of remote connectivity options, including some that are free. I think LogMeIn Rescue comes off as a professional product that is well maintained. I can count on this program efficiently support employees throughout the company. I think this product is primarily geared towards supporting employees with non-company equipment. For example, we use LogMeIn Pro on all of our work computers so I rarely use LogMeIn Rescue for any of these devices (as I can initiate a remote connection through LogMeIn Pro without user input.)
Using LogMeIn Rescue
LogMeIn Rescue is a very powerful tool for a specific purpose. I don't use LogMeIn Rescue nearly as much as I use LogMeIn Pro/Central but as stated previously, it gives us much more flexibility with our support. I believe LogMeIn Rescue is a powerful tool for supporting non-company assets and it shines at it's job. For managing or supporting internal resources, LogMeIn Pro is a much faster/easier tool.