Overall Satisfaction with Luminate
We use Luminate Online to send out emails, collect emails, accept/process donations and for the survey tools. We also use it to process events and education class sign ups. It is used primarily by communication and development departments. It addresses our online communication/fundraising efforts.
- Its connection with Luminate CRM is helpful.
- The fact we can do so much with it from a communication standpoint.
- It lets us reach many people quickly and with relative ease.
- It feels a little outdated. I have been using Luminate CRM for a while now and it has received a few new bells and whistles as well as a facelift, but I see a lot of new competitors that have come onto the market that do way more for way less.
- It's kind of expensive, I used to consider Luminate Online a top of the line product. Nowadays I see it more as something we are stuck with, and if the right opportunity opened up I would consider switching products.
- I think the pathways can be a little bulky and time-consuming. The system needs to be simplified and not so bulky and confusing. I understand the system was built for enterprise-level users, but I think they sell to all levels and I felt like there was a little bait and switch happening when I had not had the ability to design donation screens and such and on a much more detailed level.
Luminate Online is stable and secure and I appreciate that from a functionality point it serves us well. Customization is lacking, I cannot design donation screens to the level needed to compete with other nonprofits that allow many more options, unless I want to drop additional money for a design group to design the page for me.