LO is my GO TO
November 04, 2016
LO is my GO TO
Score 8 out of 10
- Luminate Online
Overall Satisfaction with Luminate Online
Luminate Online (LO) is being used by marketing and development for our online fundraising - donation pages, emails, TeamRaiser events, DIY fundraising. It is our online fundraising platform.
- It integrates with Raisers Edge, our offline database management platform. This makes our offline and online fundraising seamless.
- The reporting functions work well. We can generate detailed reporting from our online fundraising emails, DIY, donation pages, etc. Reporting can be as top-line, or as bottom line detailed as we require.
- The email function is user-friendly and quick to use. The end result is also very professional. There are a lot of graphic options available within it.
- You really need HTML experience to use the email function without a lot of frustration. It changes fonts, sizes, spacing without any user modification - on its own. If you know HTML, you can fix it from there. But there is no way to fix some of the issues it creates on its own without this experience.
- Just found out that while LO data syncs back into RE, RE offline data does not sync into LO. Therefore, it is difficult to easily communicate with our offline donors online through LO. This is particularly a detriment because multi-channel donors have a much higher LTV, and we would like to begin converting our direct mail donors to online also. RE data should sync into LO seamlessly.
- You should be able to easily copy and save emails from one campaign into another. You can easily do this within the same campaign, but not into a different one. While you can do this with the copy/paste function, it takes longer and has changed some of the email elements during the transition.
I have used much inferior products, like Artez and MailChimp and several others over the years. They do not even compare to LO in the integration with overall fundraising, ease of use, database integration, professionalism of the final product, graphic capabilities, etc. The investment in LO is well worth its cost.
We have had many issues within TeamRaiser, where there are levels of supporters within teams. Donations are not always attributed correctly, team captains have had issues accessing their data and getting credit for all their donations. It has taken a lot of our team's time to manually fix a lot of these things that don't happen automatically.