MailChimp Review: "Acceptable for very small business."https://www.trustradius.com/email-marketingMailChimpUnspecified8.213441012013-02-28T19:58:49.096Z
- Great starter for email marketing. This is a good product for extemely small busness. If you are running an ecommerce site you need a lot more. You don't have a private domain.
- Lots of pre-designed templates.
- Good reporting features
- Social media integration.
- The send from address displays as "Sent on behalf of" which is less than ideal.
- Lots of the domains your emails send from end up being blacklisted. The "Constant Contact" effect.
- Lower inbox deliverability.
- The "from" email address is gobbldegook and is often blacklisted.
- Ability to reach customers electronically. Used to send paper Newsletters and this is obviously a lot cheaper and more efficient.
In order to have good inbox deliverability; you need a dedicated IP. With MailChimp, you are piggy backing off of everyone's sender score. Therefore, if some other person is sending to a bad list, it will affect your overall deliverability as it is all coming from the same domain. Another major issue is the lack of features - the product is very basic indeed - and the fact that very little tech support is available.
There is no number to call in and ask technical questions. You can submit emails with questions, however, more times than not they will refer you to their FAQ page. This is not really acceptable.