MediaMath Review (from a former customer)https://www.trustradius.com/data-management-platforms-dmpTerminalOne Marketing Operating SystemUnspecified7.3131012014-05-10T22:02:42.146Z
May 10, 2014
MediaMath Review (from a former customer)
Score 6 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with MediaMath
We used MediaMath as a bidding platform to set our strategic campaigns and set CPM's and CPC's accordingly. Just I used it, in Online Marketing, to run our display advertising program. It enabled us to increase our new-to-file and helped drive revenue. At that point in time, we were considering creating a display advertising team, to fully manage all bids in real time, which MediaMath supports. They are a great solution if you want to see in and know and be able to control what is going on.
- Managing Bids - This is great if you want to take your program by the horns and fully control it.
- Level of Detail - MediaMath goes into the nitty-gritty of bidding and segmentation to allow you to customize to your hearts' content.
- Customer Service - The support team at MediaMath (at the time that I used it - 2012-2013) was fast, concise, and super helpful in understanding what my problems were, in addition to providing suggestions on how to manage the program even better.
- MediaMath was pricy for what it is.
- MediaMath is only one part of the tool - You still need an ad server, such as Mediaplex, to serve the ads on.
- There are bigger players in the game now, such as Conversant, ValueClick, DoubleClick, etc that have a larger reach.
- MediaMath provided us with a decent ROI (if I recall correctly, somewhere between $2-$5 for our holiday time period).
- Because we were using too many vendors, MediaMath was just another step in the process and slowed us down from getting actionable items out the door quickly. The setup process for a new campaign is not easy or simple.
- MediaMath helped us grow our new-to-file base significantly, which helped us in the long run.
We are now using Conversant, which is a great all-in-one tool (and is actually a part of the Mediaplex/ValueClick family) and has helped us drive better ROI than we did with MediaMath. We pay more for Conversant compared to just MediaMath, but they do all of the back-end work in setting up segmentation, porting in our CRM files, etc.
At this point, I know there are better options out there for OUR use case. This is not true of everyone, so I don't want to give them a zero because I don't like their tool or value proposition. They are a great tool, for what they do, and have a great group of people running things and providing support.