Review: "Mention: See Where Your Business is Mentioned."https://www.trustradius.com/social-media-monitoringMentionUnspecified8.3191012018-04-25T15:12:05.778Z
Overall Satisfaction with Mention
We use Mention within our marketing department. We have started when the company was very young and we wanted to know who and where mentioned us (without constantly Googling the brand's name). By now, we've grown and got our SEO specialist who monitors the mentions and links to us as well, but Mention is still a useful thing.
- Convenient features that help you monitor the mentions (hence the name) online.
- Good UI/UX that helps you streamline the process and the navigation is clear and simple (although the features are many)
- The free version is efficient enough to see whether you need this instrument in your arsenal or not.
- I wish there was a trial version of the insights to see what features are inside when one just starts to use Mention. (They have this demo feature for the Influencers so you get to see what's in it.)
- We have started small and the entire marketing department consisted of one person. Considering the amount of work that's needed to do, Mention was a great tool for social media monitoring that helped to save some (or a lot of) time.
- Besides saving time, it also boosted confidence :) When you have a startup, it's always nice to see your name mentioned online (even if sometimes it was by your friends, there were times when it was Huffington Post.)
I have worked with Mention in two companies, for two brands. One was called Grossum and now it's The APP Solutions. Considering the fact that Grossum is a Latin word often used for description plants or insects or something (for example, "Stethophyma grossum" aka big grasshopper), Mention was not very convenient in this case because we got notifications about large hot peppers or grasshoppers. Otherwise, it was a very convenient tool and now with The APP Solutions, the problem is not a problem at all.