Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Dynamics SL
- General ledger allows users great flexibility to define the subaccounts. This allows information to be tracked & reported in a variety of ways depending on the needs of the organization. the subaccounts could be used to track departments, regions, locations, etc.
- Dynamics Sl has a strong and flexible Project Accounting system that integrates with the Financial Accounting system
- Dynamics SL is easy to customize allowing for integrations with other systems
- Dynamics SL uses industry standard SSRS and Crystal Reports for reports
- Dynamics SL accepts transactions entered in foreign currencies. The system automatically convents these transactions into the reporting currency. Currency gains & losses are automatically calculated by the system.
- Dynamics SL supports multi-company environments. The system will automatically calculate the due-to - due-from entries and post to the appropriate entity
- The Cash manager account reconciliation process is very cumbersome.
- General Ledger transaction drill down should expand to all modules. Currently it is available to only AP and AR.
- Purchase order Receipt batch numbers must be consistent between General Ledger in Inventory. Assigning two different batch numbers to the same transaction is ridiculous. Microsoft took the easy way out of this issue creating a tracking nightmare for purchase receipts
Microsoft Dynamics SL Implementation
- Professional services company
Discovery - identify the current work flows and needs for improvements. Gap Analysis.
Test environment - This may be used for a proof of concept and key user testing/training. Data migration testing would be do at this time.
Production install - This would include the data migration from the existing system
The implementation may be broken down into phases depending on the size of the client, the complexity of their existing system, the need to integrate with outside systems and the introduction of new customizations
Microsoft Dynamics SL Support
Many times support will tell you that your issue is an identified bug and will be scheduled in the future to be fixed in a future release.
The knowledgebase has gotten worse in recent years and much more difficult to use. many times you can't find the error during the search
Support understands my problem
Difficult to get immediate help
Slow Initial Response