Project is great
March 13, 2019
Project is great
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Project
I used this at two different companies. With Mortenson, we used it to do the 2-week look ahead schedules for a $480 million 32-month project, that were then given to the scheduler to update the overall schedule in P6. It was cost saving because there were four superintendents that needed to provide an update weekly. The second company used it exclusively for scheduling purposes for periods of a few weeks to a year + from a $100K to $14 mill. Microsoft Project is cost-effective, versatile, and gets easy to use once you get used to using it more and more.
- First off, the cost is reasonable so a project team can have 4 or 5 licenses compared to a P6.
- Project is easy to use and gets easier to use the more you use it.
- I can print effective schedules that are easy to understand.
- I remember that there were a few files that were corrupted in some way, shape or form, and that forced us to have rebuild and start over.
- I would like more control over the appearance of the schedule.
- I would like to see more online support videos.
- It is well worth the money because you can get more licenses to more people.
- It used to be a one time purchase and not a subscription.
- A schedule that is well put together is always an effective tool. The project allows for an effective communication tool for owners, team members, and subcontractors.
P6 has many powerful features that are often not being used by staff that are not professional schedulers and is very expensive. Project allows for a lot of the same powerful features but simple enough for someone who does not produce and manage schedules all day.