Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Visio
Microsoft Visio is being used at Duquesne Light Company as our process flow mapping tool. It is used to illustrate processes, dependencies, data flow, network diagrams, etc., in our organization. I personally use it more for process flows when designing new solutions for my internal customers. It allows users a way to visually depict how processes flow.
- Visio is integrated with other Office suite products which is nice.
- It is user-friendly. It doesn't take long to figure out how to get up and running while also providing advanced users options to add the bells and whistles they want.
- The variety of standard templates is large and there are lots more custom templates you can download too.
- It is an expensive license. I believe it's $500/person.
- Not available for Mac/Linux users
- Can't publish to certain web applications easily.
- It helps get buy-in from teams by showing them what they're currently doing visually and help convince them of new processes that could make their lives easier.
- It has assisted me in getting design approvals from non-technical users by having the visual aid.
- Depending on how complex the process is, sometimes it can take a while to fully document the process, involving multiple sheets, swimlanes, etc.
The product doesn't seem to be updated very often. I'm sure there are lots of enhancement requests that could/should be implemented but I don't use it as frequently as others in my organization. The product doesn't give me any noticeable issues and I've never had to report an issue to Microsoft about Visio.
Do you think Microsoft Visio delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft Visio's feature set?
Did Microsoft Visio live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Microsoft Visio go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Microsoft Visio again?
Visio is well suited to any medium to large organization where you can negotiate a good price for the licenses. It is well suited to any organization with users familiar with the MS Office Suite and who need a process flow designer tool. Overall, it's easy to use and very helpful for visual learners.