Overall Satisfaction with Mimecast Enterprise Information Archiving
Mimecast is used by the entire company and is our email gateway. We appreciate all the many features of Mimecast and the problems it solves. From security, to message archiving, search features, and support Mimecast does everything well. We started with message archive and secure messaging but have added other features, mostly related to security, since our initial subscription.
- Message archiving is essential in healthcare and Mimecast makes it easy and at a reasonable cost. One of the features we appreciate most is the search function. Outlook can be pretty frustrating when it comes to searching for messages and Mimecast adds plenty of filtering and search capabilities that help find what Outlook can't.
- Targeted Threat Protection (TTP) is a great service that proxies URL's in email and adds an extra layer of protection against malicious attachments. The addition of TTP a couple years ago demonstrates Mimecast's continued development to meet modern threats.
- Online mailbox can be used for email continuity if your mail server is down. We don't have frequent downtime but it's good to know communications can keep flowing if we do.
- Support is always helpful and timely.
- I have few comments recommending improvement but if I have to nitpick I'd say the admin console can be a bit confusing. I don't think it's so much their product, rather email is more complicated than most realize.
- My biggest gripe, and it's minor, is that we still can't get events logged in our time zone. I've been told that's coming but still haven't seen it. I'm pretty capable of subtracting 1 hour though so I'm not too worked up about it.
- I can't put an exact dollar figure on it but Mimecast makes our company more efficient when it comes to email search and discovery.
- Being heavily regulated it's great to have peace of mind when we're audited and I can just say we have Mimecast. Check that box off!
- We were quite relieved when Mimecast stopped inbound attachments infected with WannaCry.
- I enjoy the benefits of a cloud service so I don't have to manage hardware, deal with upgrades, or figure out complicated licensing schemes.
Given all the threats that are out there and the fact many come in via email, I think Mimecast is a great solution for any business of any size. If your business is heavily regulated then you have even more reason to use Mimecast. You might be able to do a lot of these things yourself but why would you? Mimecast employees are experts, the best in the industry, at knowing how email works and how to protect it.