Overall Satisfaction with MindJet MindManager
I utilize MindJet whenever we are facing a complex issue with multiple variables. Often times the simple process of visualizing ideas, dependancies and constraints with the simple ability to drag and drop results in the solution falling out. I find it useful in a variety of applications from product development, to personnel planning to even personal projects.
- Clean drag and drop features. Frequently the initial construction turns out to not be the best, and moving single pieces or entire sections is very simple.
- The visualizations of items and connections along with the ability to customize is fabulous.
- Tremendously appreciate the keyboard shortcuts.
- Collaboration can be challenging due to the learning curve.
- Better prepared for "unintended consequences" sometimes we have a good idea of a situation, but once we visualize it the potential pitfalls are evident.
It does not make sense to use this in all projects at all times. I would not recommend it for simple or linear problems. It is great for complex multifaceted situations.