Analyse your way ahead before instead of afterhttps://www.trustradius.com/diagrammingMindManagerUnspecified9.21951012019-08-07T22:45:54.840Z
August 07, 2019
Analyse your way ahead before instead of after
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with MindManager
It is being used by individuals and not for team work assignments. It depends upon the mindset of each individual as to whether the program suits their methods of working i.e. right or left brain dominant. Some staff can only work with lists and not the freeform abilities of MindManager.
- Strategic Planning
- Meeting Management
- Project Planning
- Allows for "grasshopper" thinking and easy flow thinking capture
- Planning trips to different parts of the company globally permits adaptation to fit each situation at all stages from planning to visit to reporting.
- Works as an excellent database in a format that is easier to use and to trigger memory than working with lists.
- The number of icons and images is well behind the major competitors such as iMindMap and it is falling further and further behind in this area.
- The layout is not as informal as some of the competitors particularly with the layout and thickness of branches.
- Printing of large maps can be difficult and an easier way of providing print options would be very welcome.
- Saved time and managed to work in much greater depth because of the thinking format and layout offered.
- Makes a wonderful store of important information such as corporate basics.
- It gives a quick overview and the ability to quickly drill down to find information.
I created a mind map on a brain course just over 33 years ago. The challenge was to make a mind map of the BBC evening news as it was live and to read back the key points to the instructor the next day. After 33 years I can still pull out that mind map and go through everything that was in the news recalling an amazing level of detail.
MindManager is better for speedy entry but the final map from iMindMap is graphically enhanced to a much higher level and this is the feedback from those viewing the same map from the two programmes.