Reviews (1-3 of 3)
- Easily customizable dashboards that are versatile and fit the needs of different departments within a company.
- Search tool is unparalleled and provides multiple parameters for narrowing down your query in a jiffy.
- Customer service is always available and can be accessed through both email and phone around the clock.
- More administrative control would be helpful in regards to estimates and quoting as this was something we did regularly in legal but had to go outside the system.
- Product and SKU management
- Product page display
- The schema design within ATG is poor. It does not follow accepted standards. For example, column naming is inconsistent and generalized, with multiple (unrelated) tables using column names like "ID" as primary/foreign keys. This is a barrier to an intuitive understanding of the schema. Out of the box, the schema is missing many important foreign key relationships. In fact, the publishing schema explicitly prohibits FK relationships, causing data inconsistencies when ATG's black-box algorithms fail. We've built an impressive arsenal of custom scripts specifically for handling the many exceptions and orphan conditions that arise from this design practice.
- The job scheduler is poorly designed. It uses a database table to manage message queueing. The processes flows as follows: Messages are inserted into a table. Then, a scheduled process selects messages, applies them, updates the message row on success/failure, then goes back and looks for messages that are "complete" in order to delete them. It performs this in a serialized loop that is inefficient and heavy on database resources. There are far better ways for processing message queues than trying to leverage a database.
- I think ATG is a well designed powerful eCommerce framework, it is a pioneer MVC framework.
- ATG has lots of good features like well designed database schemas, commerce modules, request pipeline, commerce pipeline, object relational mapping with caching (also called repository), dsp tag library and much more.
- ATG has good and comprehensive documentations.
- Developers might need to spend a little more time to learn the entire framework
Oracle ATG Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Oracle ATG
Oracle ATG Web Commerce enables a personalized online buying experience for each customer by presenting relevant content and merchandizing, personalized search, customized marketing programs, and a tailored websites. Web Commerce speeds merchandising for the rapid launch of commerce sites for new brands, markets, and even single-purpose campaigns. Simple and complex promotions are easily created. Use mobile devices and social media to drive sales, and quickly expand internationally and target new countries and segments more effectively.
With personalization, business user control, cross-channel support, and a flexible platform, ATG Web Commerce can boost cross-channel business growth. Advanced features help your customers quickly find desired products, learn about new offerings, comparison shop, register for gifts, preorder products, redeem coupons, and easily complete their purchases.
Oracle ATG Competitors
Oracle ATG Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|