Lightspeed Retail is a retail PoS system from Lightspeed headquartered in Quebec.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/Rh/f3/DGO1RU032KSA.pngGreat POS System for all ApplicationsWe use it across the whole company. It makes a lot of issues quicker to resolve and easier to complete! The best part about it are the reports and analytics that it provides us. Great tools to use to further our business and to grow our business. I love that it is is cloud based and not server based.,Lightspeed Retail has great reports that are very easy to read and understand. Lightspeed Retail is great to train new employees on because of its ease of use. There are not lots of different things that you have to learn just basics.,I would like to have it where returns are easier to do. I would like if the inventory was not automatically added when an item is rung up and not in stock.,9,It has had a very positive impact on business. There have been fewer mistakes by clerks and therefore less money lost. We have not had any instances of outage of the server. This was not the case with the last system we used.,Great but could fix one big thingWe use Lightspeed in our bike shop and have for a few years now. We use it for all aspects and the integrations are really nice. It has fixed so many of the previous business problems and since it is cloud-based we can access it from anywhere. We use to just have one computer up in the front and because everything was done on that one computer, the bookkeeper was always getting in the way of us trying to run sales and what not. Its been great and easy to work with when doing inventory, and the support of being able to add iPads and other stations is great. The one big issues, however, is the auto-add feature, which I wish SO BADLY they would fix or disable. If we sell a product that has to be ordered, the product is automatically put into inventory. Then, when it actually comes into the store, it gets checked in, and added AGAIN, therefore, making it look like we have more than we do. At the end of the year, this is a huge problem, and I just wish at some point they would fix it. My old QB POS from 1998 did this better.,Cloud-based function Additional iPads Customer information storage Integrations,Auto-add feature Inventory Every now and then it's really slow,8,Been very good overall Has allowed us to grow Worked well, but is a little priceyLightspeed: best investment for starting a small retail business.At LIJ retail group, which has several brick and mortar and ecom stores, uses Lightspeed across all channels. From point of sale to warehousing and CRM (with the help of Salesforce API), Lightspeed is single-handedly running our organization. We use the platform across all channels and would be lost in the sauce without it.,Inventory management. eComm and retail synchronization Mutli-store organization Payment processing CUSTOMER SERVICE: LITERALLY THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK WITH,The only issue I have had personally is with the mobile app for Ipads. It works but has some basic crashes that can prove to be annoying especially when your store is busy. But as I said, they are all easy to troubleshoot. My account has a little bit of issue getting help. It's semi-understandable because lightspeed shouldn't have to take any responsibility for accounting however, a little guidance from time to time would be nice for her. It works well though.,10,The loyalty program and analytics products are a must-have. The amount of detail you get in reporting from them is second to none. This helps in every facet of my business but being a sales director, the numbers don't lie. With the in-depth knowledge I get on my store, associates problems get identified quick and numbers begin to rise.,,Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Google Analytics, Zebra Mobile PrintersLightspeed RetailWe use it as our Point of Sale system, and to keep records. We also use it to reconcile Inventory levels every 6 months. It is only used in the retail area of our Animal Shelter. LightSpeed keeps us much more in tune with our stock and sales, and we no longer have to have an outside Inventory company.,Easy to use for sales. Simple stock check-in. Great Inventory interface.,Sometimes goes down at inopportune times. Has more features than we use.,10,Definitely has made us more professional. A better handle on our best-selling items. Easy to keep up with margins.,Lightspeed is a pretty good POS systemIt is the Point of Sale system used at our brick/mortar Pet Supply Store.,Tracks inventory Calculates COGS Manages daily sales Tracks employee hours Easy to create POs and returns,Individuals can't make large inventory adjustments. It needs to be sent to Lightspeed for an associate to input. However, the take between the actual physical count and the data input is several days, if not weeks. The count is not accurate, and defeat the entire point of a physical count Employees need to enter their pin several times between transactions, creating a bottleneck at the register. The pin should be required to be entered only once before each transaction The product description is listed without the brand names on both the POS screen and the customer receipts. Brands are also not listed on purchase orders or returns, only the product description. It is confusing and time-consuming.,8,Inventory is more accurate Purchase orders make the receiving process easy Coordination with QuickBooks is efficient,QuickBooks Pro

Lightspeed Retail Reviews

Filter 9 vetted Lightspeed Retail reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Bret Birdsong profile photo
April 01, 2019

Great POS System for all Applications

• Lightspeed Retail has great reports that are very easy to read and understand.
  • Lightspeed Retail is great to train new employees on because of its ease of use. There are not lots of different things that you have to learn just basics.
  • I would like to have it where returns are easier to do.
  • I would like if the inventory was not automatically added when an item is rung up and not in stock.
Lightspeed is well suited for many applications and has the power to accommodate a small business or a large business with lots of items. I am not sure where it would be less appropriate to use it because it works well in my application here at the liquor store. It gives great flexibility to many types of businesses.
Read Bret Birdsong's full review
Taylor Huseman profile photo
March 18, 2019

Great but could fix one big thing

• Cloud-based function
  • Additional iPads
  • Customer information storage
  • Integrations
  • Auto-add feature
  • Inventory
  • Every now and then it's really slow
My biggest issue is simply with the auto-add feature. Does not work well for those in fast-paced environments where things are going out very fast. If they would just do a negative inventory, it would literally solve the entire problem, and everyone would stop complaining about it. This isn't a new issue.
Read Taylor Huseman's full review
Damon Gabriel profile photo
March 14, 2019

Lightspeed: best investment for starting a small retail business.

• Inventory management.
  • eComm and retail synchronization
  • Mutli-store organization
  • Payment processing
  • CUSTOMER SERVICE: LITERALLY THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK WITH
  • The only issue I have had personally is with the mobile app for Ipads. It works but has some basic crashes that can prove to be annoying especially when your store is busy. But as I said, they are all easy to troubleshoot.
  • My account has a little bit of issue getting help. It's semi-understandable because lightspeed shouldn't have to take any responsibility for accounting however, a little guidance from time to time would be nice for her. It works well though.
Any issue that happens on the system. Literally the best customer service in the industry. I've never had a problem they can't solve. Their video library is also a great place to go for help. Super easy to follow and self-explanatory! I have yet to get to a point where they are not well suited for their customers.
Read Damon Gabriel's full review
March 29, 2019

Lightspeed Retail

• Easy to use for sales.
  • Simple stock check-in.
  • Great Inventory interface.
  • Sometimes goes down at inopportune times.
  • Has more features than we use.
We found it easy to set up and to train staff to use. Their inventory platform is simple to use, and they have a wide variety of reports.
Audeee Berg, LEED AP profile photo
June 27, 2018

Lightspeed is a pretty good POS system

It is the Point of Sale system used at our brick/mortar Pet Supply Store.
  • Tracks inventory
  • Calculates COGS
  • Manages daily sales
  • Tracks employee hours
  • Easy to create POs and returns
  • Individuals can't make large inventory adjustments. It needs to be sent to Lightspeed for an associate to input. However, the take between the actual physical count and the data input is several days, if not weeks. The count is not accurate, and defeat the entire point of a physical count
  • Employees need to enter their pin several times between transactions, creating a bottleneck at the register. The pin should be required to be entered only once before each transaction
  • The product description is listed without the brand names on both the POS screen and the customer receipts. Brands are also not listed on purchase orders or returns, only the product description. It is confusing and time-consuming.
Pet Supply Retail stores.
Read Audeee Berg, LEED AP's full review